Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

rickganfei

Oct 17, 2012
Hi. In the 90's I used to play an arcade game about a boy (he kind of looked like Songoku.He had a similar red outfit). This boy shoots fireballs and he is in some kind of sewers I believe. He kills monsters, and had the usual monster boss at the end of each stage. Its a 2D game, action/plataforms. It was a kind of cool game, with cool monsters and action music. He shoots some kind of fireballs, and when he died he turned to you, screams and desapears.
Any clue? Thanks

Planeforger

Oct 30, 2007
Don Stimac said:
The second was a PC game from the early 90s. It took place in a mansion and you had to explore to find clues or solve puzzles/riddles to open new doors or find keys. I believe I remember a giant plant growing out of the basement too.
That's probably Alone in the Dark.

Catie Hurst

Oct 25, 2012
Can anyone help me, I can't remember the name of a PC game I used to play when I was younger. It involved raising babies. I think the stork brought them, you could adopt them possibly. All I remember was that you could pick the babies up with a mouse and put them on the changing table. You made them learn the xylophone. Does this sound familiar to anyone?!

Fir3

Aug 22, 2012
Fir3 said:
Fir3 said:
I believe i played this Pc game Rts around 2004-2006,it is similar to starcraft.
It had 2 or 3 races if i'm right,one was some humanoid-aliens,other was some robots.
I remember that the robots had a special ability of their resource colectors that they wouldn't have to go back to town center to return the resources,they were using their hands as pipes to go underground and come to surface near town center to transfer the resources.
I think minerals was the main resources.
I even have a pic i took with my cellphone at that time - the main menu of the game,similar to starcraft main menu.
I remember it was the demo version that i played.
I spent a long time without luck searching in RTSC Rts Game List and IGN Games List
I will search in other Directories too,i won't give up.

gadori

Oct 25, 2012
Hi there!
I am looking for the retro arcade game. That was my favorit, but I dont remember its name.
1980, 2d, color, spaceship.
1 scene: Th big yellow planet contains 6 or 8 small planets. I needed to shoot them.
After they came out.
2. I could go to the center, and had to shoot the flying planets.
3. The labirint with bottom guns, and comets.
4. The end: the eye behind the wall, that could shoot back.
When you hit the eye, it came free, and flu randomly.
You had to shoot it 4x.

Well, I dont remember more.
Please help me someone!

Thank you

boxcar87

Oct 26, 2012
Old pirate ship game.
Overhead camera
Had upgrades you could get.
-flamethrower
-multishot
-blimp
The pirates on the ship made funny shout out noises.
The gameplay involved avoiding fire spouts and such.
Was played on windows 95 or 98.

smartess4

Oct 26, 2012
Don't know if this one was brought up or not but I have been trying to find this game since the late 90's. There is a game I played when I was in 5th grade (fall '96- spring '97 not sure if that was when it came out though) which was about farming. The time period setting was the old west (kind of like what you would see on little house on the prairie or around the time period that doc goes back to in back to the future 3). It is not Harvest moon or Simfarm. You start with a little house, little farm, and few possessions. As you progress (by buying seed for crops and them living/making it through weather as well) you are able to upgrade your house, your lockbox where you would keep coins and what not, bigger farm, and better seed for better crops.

caltona19

Oct 23, 2012
Catie Hurst said:
Can anyone help me, I can't remember the name of a PC game I used to play when I was younger. It involved raising babies. I think the stork brought them, you could adopt them possibly. All I remember was that you could pick the babies up with a mouse and put them on the changing table. You made them learn the xylophone. Does this sound familiar to anyone?!
It was called Babyz I believe. From the same people who made Petz.

Josh Kleebin

Oct 26, 2012
There was this game I forget the name of. It was in space but you were on a lifeless planet. It was a vehicle that kept going to the right and you had to dodge obstacles as you progressed. You would reach checkpoints and have unlimited life. An obstacle I remember was there was this spiky floor coming up and down in groups. In order to get past this, all you had to do was not move your vehicle and you would be able to pass it.

Akos Gyorgy

Sep 15, 2012
zerohour1974 said:
Don Stimac said:
There are two games that I'd desperately like to know the names of.

The first is from the mid 90s and I think it was for PS One but there's a chance it could've been an SNES game. You were a firefighter and would go into burning buildings to rescue people. Sometimes you had to use a chemical extinguisher to put out a fire if the flames were green. I don't remember much else.

The second was a PC game from the early 90s. It took place in a mansion and you had to explore to find clues or solve puzzles/riddles to open new doors or find keys. I believe I remember a giant plant growing out of the basement too.

I know I haven't offered much to go on here, but I hope somebody recognizes one or both of these. And thanks to anybody who takes the time to read this and try to help.

First one ? The firemen http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/firemen/firemen.htm
Second one sounds like Resident Evil 2 ?
The second one is hell as sure Resident Evil 1. The first great survivor horror game :)

mjcabooseblu

Apr 29, 2011
Man, I remember an old game in an Arabian setting that I used to play all the time. It was a lot like Commander Keen, but the characters actually had realistic skin colors, and there was some sort of wizard involved?

rickganfei

Oct 17, 2012
cloroxbb said:
rickganfei said:
Hi. In the 90's I used to play an arcade game about a boy (he kind of looked like Songoku.He had a similar red outfit). This boy shoots fireballs and he is in some kind of sewers I believe. He kills monsters, and had the usual monster boss at the end of each stage. Its a 2D game, action/plataforms. It was a kind of cool game, with cool monsters and action music. He shoots some kind of fireballs, and when he died he turned to you, screams and desapears.
Any clue? Thanks
Obviously either noone knows, or no one cares, but be my guest, keep re posting the same thing every day.
Uau!! don't tell me they made you moderator on this and nobody knew!!??

Oh, they didn't? So shut up kid

Planeforger

Oct 30, 2007
Akos Gyorgy said:
The second one is hell as sure Resident Evil 1. The first great survivor horror game :)
Eh...Resident Evil took almost all of its ideas from Alone in the Dark.

Also, he was looking for an early 90s game, so Alone in the Dark seems like the more likely option.
Plus AitD had its 'giant plant' in the basement of the mansion, while RE1 put its plant in a...side-house?

mjcabooseblu said:
Man, I remember an old game in an Arabian setting that I used to play all the time. It was a lot like Commander Keen, but the characters actually had realistic skin colors, and there was some sort of wizard involved?
Was it Prince of Persia?

dariee-sami

Oct 12, 2012
ello guys there is a game i used to play ps1 game long time ago its goes like this you can play with 4 characters one of them is a cyborg i think and a male characters with blue clothes an white hair and the other two is girl and a boy i dont remember them but at the first stage you fight a giant spider boss and maybe the second stage you play in yard full of giant worms and in the middle there is a huge tower and thats all what I remember so please anyone can help me? anyone plz?

PinkFloyd420z

Oct 26, 2012
Anyone know this old game I use to play on my old pc growing up all I know is I think it has 4 wizards in it (or less) and you explore in trees in one level and I remember the whole screen would go pinky purple when it was opened it may have been on a floppy disk or something and in one level you need to sneak past a dog to grab something (maybe the bone or some papers or something) while it's sleeping and if you wake it up you lose I know it's a vague description but this is the most I remember and I've done alot of searching through almost all DOS windows and commodore 64 games that include wizards and can not find it. I doubt I'll find it ever again but it's worth a try. Not sure if the purple screen was a glitch or the game was actually like that but I was younger and can not remember. I'm 19 so it was only roughly 10-11 years ago but jeeze it's impossible to find. I'm quite sure the game was 2D but I remember sneaking past the dog was on a 3D floor and you had to sneak up past it. Thanks in advance if anyone can help :)

Gummy24

Oct 26, 2012
Hi, I have been looking for the name of this PS1 game forever but its impossible to find.
It was a game where you were (wake up maybe?) in a hospital and you are trying to escape. It starts off on a platform and I think there was an elevator you go on at the start. The game is sort of a top down adventure game and you have to sneak by the doctors or they will alert the guards by pressing the alarm button and the guards will capture you and you lose. You could fight the gaurds and doctors by attacking them (punch kick etc.) Once you get out of the hospital, you meet with your girlfriend and the rest i cannot remember. It appeared in one of the demo discs as well which is where i played it. There could be a PC version aswell. It looked alot like the graphics in Theme hospital but it was a adventure game.

PLEASE help me find this game. I have been wanting to play it again forever. Thanks.

Chris Killinger

Oct 26, 2012
I am looking for an old tile based board game. One person plays the bad guy. In the game you start off as a group of heroes trying to kill the horror monster in the house by finding out what monster you are fighting then finding the specific weapon to kill him. There are outside tiles and house tiles. I think if the bad guy "kills" you you become evil and try to help him.

Planeforger

Oct 30, 2007
Chris Killinger said:
I am looking for an old tile based board game. One person plays the bad guy. In the game you start off as a group of heroes trying to kill the horror monster in the house by finding out what monster you are fighting then finding the specific weapon to kill him. There are outside tiles and house tiles. I think if the bad guy "kills" you you become evil and try to help him.
Do you mean a physical board game? Or a videogame adaptation of a board game, like the Hero Quest game?

Hmm...if you mean physical, I guess it could be something like Betrayal at House on the Hill, or maybe...Nightmare House?