Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

hooplidoopler

Jun 5, 2014
I remember a game where you were led by a nerdy guy with ponytail and annoying voice. It was some sort of science lab setting. and he would say random things and his computer made stereotypical booping noises. From there you could build cars and trucks (planes? maybe not) by dragging parts and then going and testing them out in the field. It was my brothers game but it came off a disk and was from the early 2000's. It would be amazing if someone knew!

Telnets

Sep 23, 2014
Alright, Ive searched for a week with everything I know so im turning to you guys! ;) Ive searched this forum too and havent found it, so maybe this is a long shot.

There was a game I played in the early 90s.. Era of 7th guest type - on rails - FMV game. You were a space soldier, landed or crashed on a planet for some reason. I remember him always in a black space suit, and black helmet that looked like a Bike helmet. It was a sort of 3rd person shooter game (as far as i remember) that you were in these alien tunnels and had to shoot them before they hit you. You would progress by picking what tunnel you wanted to go down when you had a choice (left/right) and you would eventualy make it to some boss type thing.

The game was notably "Beige" in color.. and i remember the metal catwalk sounds when you walked down the hallways. I remember the intro "blowing my mind" back in the day.. but i never played it too far into the game as it used to scare the bananas out of me ;)

I being a bit OCD, trying to find this game has become kind of an obsession and i would be able to sleep at night if anyone remembered what this title was called! I dont think it was a Hugely popular title.. i just remember seeing it at some computer show and my Dad buying it for me when i was a kid!

Thank you in advance!

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Telnets said:
Alright, Ive searched for a week with everything I know so im turning to you guys! ;) Ive searched this forum too and havent found it, so maybe this is a long shot.

There was a game I played in the early 90s.. Era of 7th guest type - on rails - FMV game. You were a space soldier, landed or crashed on a planet for some reason. I remember him always in a black space suit, and black helmet that looked like a Bike helmet. It was a sort of 3rd person shooter game (as far as i remember) that you were in these alien tunnels and had to shoot them before they hit you. You would progress by picking what tunnel you wanted to go down when you had a choice (left/right) and you would eventualy make it to some boss type thing.

The game was notably "Beige" in color.. and i remember the metal catwalk sounds when you walked down the hallways. I remember the intro "blowing my mind" back in the day.. but i never played it too far into the game as it used to scare the bananas out of me ;)

I being a bit OCD, trying to find this game has become kind of an obsession and i would be able to sleep at night if anyone remembered what this title was called! I dont think it was a Hugely popular title.. i just remember seeing it at some computer show and my Dad buying it for me when i was a kid!

Thank you in advance!
Creature Shock (1994)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvzAynr3Ark

yyoan

Sep 23, 2014
Hi guys,
i remember playing a game where i am something like a human or even a human in something like forest and i thing that there were somethings on the earth like portals/teleports. I played it on my PS1 and i think that it was a scary game / survival and the picture on the disk was something greenish. Please if you remind that game tell it to me. I would like to play it again cause i remember i got only to the 1st teleport that i was kinda scared and was just turning off the console :D.

wingsanddragons

Sep 21, 2014
Ok, I been searching for days with no luck fnding a match so I thought I'd try here.

This is a game from the 90's possibly very early 00's I was a kid playing this back then. It was a pc game (since xbox dint exist then) I can only remember pieces what I do remember is

It wasn't 2d platform, it was looking down at character from a diagonal angle
it was sci fi genre type. Almost alien planet, I remember lots of plants all over the place
I remember that occasional while walking around the area you had platform tile crossings, where you have to work out a pattern to cross, it could be colour or shape, but get it wrong and these plant roots whack you.)

I also remember a certain level, which I don't think I enjoyed as a kid. There were creatures, almost mud men, who would wander around the level, if they see you they slowly chase you, you cant kill them I remember that why you had to run. You can find temp things to disguise yourself as one to run past safely and I think you were after bits of pipe or bits of a machine. There were also safe spots where they couldn't get you.

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
wingsanddragons said:
Ok, I been searching for days with no luck fnding a match so I thought I'd try here.

This is a game from the 90's possibly very early 00's I was a kid playing this back then. It was a pc game (since xbox dint exist then) I can only remember pieces what I do remember is

it was sci fi genre type. Almost alien planet, I remember lots of plants all over the place
I remember that occasional while walking around the area you had platform tile crossings, where you have to work out a pattern to cross, it could be colour or shape, but get it wrong and these plant roots whack you.)

I also remember a certain level, which I don't think I enjoyed as a kid. There were creatures, almost mud men, who would wander around the level, if they see you they slowly chase you, you cant kill them I remember that why you had to run. You can find temp things to disguise yourself as one to run past safely and I think you were after bits of pipe or bits of a machine. There were also safe spots where they couldn't get you.
Try

Alien Earth (1998)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpPOepCTy84

or

Zax: The Alien Hunter (2001)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=754RF5v479A

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
yyoan said:
Hi guys,
i remember playing a game where i am something like a human or even a human in something like forest and i thing that there were somethings on the earth like portals/teleports. I played it on my PS1 and i think that it was a scary game / survival and the picture on the disk was something greenish. Please if you remind that game tell it to me. I would like to play it again cause i remember i got only to the 1st teleport that i was kinda scared and was just turning off the console :D.
If you want human-like character, portals and greenish disk try:

Soul Reaver (1999)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz9HtrZc9Gk

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
coilt said:
All right, this one's gonna be tough. But I'd appreciate any help, I even dug through *numerous* lists of 90's games with no result, prpbably the game was real under the radar thing.

So, the facts I remember about the game are real few:

It's early 90-s cyberpunk-themed isometric sprite-based action-RPG or maybe just action with a female protagonist, I vaguely remember it involved lots of mouse usage so no WASD or arrows movements AFAIR. All green and black themed of course.
Have you tried?

Hell: A Cyberpunk Thriller (1994)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rKZFN0qiuI

is not strictly what you say because isn't isometric but it has a dual male/female character selection .

Lewis Allen

Sep 23, 2014
Hey guys,
i have been searching for this one specific game. i can't really remember it well but i will try to explain it the best i can.

you are a woman with a sword (I think) and you start off in a field, next to you is a big yellow windmill house i think, or it a semi-buried wooden zepplin looking house. i think that when you enter this thing, there is an old man. there is a dungeon in front of you,not very far away. when you go in there, there are big monsters (maybe with Swords) and bats (not too sure). I don't know anymore then that, but i am hoping that you people will help :) thank you

coilt

Sep 13, 2014
diablo rules said:
coilt said:
All right, this one's gonna be tough. But I'd appreciate any help, I even dug through *numerous* lists of 90's games with no result, prpbably the game was real under the radar thing.

So, the facts I remember about the game are real few:

It's early 90-s cyberpunk-themed isometric sprite-based action-RPG or maybe just action with a female protagonist, I vaguely remember it involved lots of mouse usage so no WASD or arrows movements AFAIR. All green and black themed of course.
Have you tried?

Hell: A Cyberpunk Thriller (1994)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rKZFN0qiuI

is not strictly what you say because isn't isometric but it has a dual male/female character selection .
Thanks man, appreciate it but it's not this one, the game I refered to doesn't have any 3D imagery, it was purely sprites and stylized too.

wingsanddragons

Sep 21, 2014
diablo rules said:
wingsanddragons said:

Try

Alien Earth (1998)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpPOepCTy84

or

Zax: The Alien Hunter (2001)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=754RF5v479A

No one of those, they feel too...modern graphics for what I remember. Maybe the game im thinking off is older

Zoey101

Sep 24, 2014
Ok if anyone can get these I will be very impressed these are three games from the 90's i can't remember please help!

Game 1: You are this pink female alien lizard thing living in this large house that allows you to go into different rooms, you can ride this small car and eat apples off trees that's all i remember

Game 2: I doubt anyone can get this, all i remember is 2-D fish of different colors swimming around it was like this interactive educational kids game

Game 3: I remember one scene from this game, you are in an alleyway and there's this thin black cat on this trash can or something and someone is singing baa baa black sheep

jibclimmer

Sep 20, 2014
Zoey101 said:
Ok if anyone can get these I will be very impressed these are three games from the 90's i can't remember please help!

Game 2: I doubt anyone can get this, all i remember is 2-D fish of different colors swimming around it was like this interactive educational kids game
Odell Down Under?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTB4jjAZxNQ

Or a Freddie Fish game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDyRBFvw_Fg

Zoey101

Sep 24, 2014
Its neither of those but thanks for the reply! The game was more basic than that, by that i mean the fish were like one color similar to the graphics of the first Oregon trail game

The Ssn

Sep 19, 2014
The Ssn said:
I search in many sites but i cant find it out. Hope you guys can do it.
This game is very similar to Blood Bowl: sport, bloody, players wear armors, but there're many differenences:
- It's a turn-based game.
- The goal is kill all opponents, you use keyboard to control your players damage opponent's players by throwing a ball. If a player take many hits, his armor will broken. I remember AI killed my players with single hit, a headshot..
- You can move your players, just throw a ball to kill.
That what i remember...
Can anyone..? :(

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
The Ssn said:
The Ssn said:
I search in many sites but i cant find it out. Hope you guys can do it.
This game is very similar to Blood Bowl: sport, bloody, players wear armors, but there're many differenences:
- It's a turn-based game.
- The goal is kill all opponents, you use keyboard to control your players damage opponent's players by throwing a ball. If a player take many hits, his armor will broken. I remember AI killed my players with single hit, a headshot..
- You can move your players, just throw a ball to kill.
That what i remember...
Can anyone..? :(
Crush! Deluxe (1997)

http://www.gamespot.com/crush-deluxe/images/

quitasims

Sep 24, 2014
hey guys i'm hoping that someone can help me out. i have tried to exhaustion to find a 90's game.
all i remember is that it was manufactured by a company called edmark and it was a computer game where you would build 2d and 3d boxes and shapes having to use the mouse to construct it together I think it had to do with geometry, not sure though.
ps. i have looked everywhere including edmark's website and still did not find the game I was looking for
I know its an edmark game because I remember the intro which was 3 kids in a blue box followed by a yellow purplish shooting star, which was edmarks logo in the 90's

otaminempire

Sep 24, 2014
Hi guys,
Im after a game on PC its an old game i cant remember which windows i was playing it on, But you start off in a spaceship i think or facility or somthing and i think your a prisoner. all i remember was i found an arm somewhere with like 3-4 fingers on it to use it to open a door or security door or somthing. I think it was First person view.

UnwillingDonor

Sep 22, 2014
Lewis Allen said:
Hey guys,
i have been searching for this one specific game. i can't really remember it well but i will try to explain it the best i can.

you are a woman with a sword (I think) and you start off in a field, next to you is a big yellow windmill house i think, or it a semi-buried wooden zepplin looking house. i think that when you enter this thing, there is an old man. there is a dungeon in front of you,not very far away. when you go in there, there are big monsters (maybe with Swords) and bats (not too sure). I don't know anymore then that, but i am hoping that you people will help :) thank you
Well your entire description sounds like Dark Cloud to me,except the being a woman part. Sounds like the beginning of the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i63jtXe0j3Y