Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

raeior

Oct 18, 2013
jibclimmer said:
3. A hybrid RTS/first person vehicle sim. You primarily controlled a mothership that collected resources from control points and had turrets. Your mothership generated X number of minion cars/helicopters/jets etc on your orders to go fight the enemy. At any time you could jump to any minion and control it directly to take down the enemy mothership. Some enemies looked like WW I vehicles while others looked like aliens or futuristic.

This sounds like "Urban Assault". Took me quite a while to remember the name myself :) Quite a funny game.

Isaiah Garratt

Sep 25, 2014
I want to know what this game is. Its kinda like a strategy but with BUGS... You start off with an Anthill and you attack the spiders with ants with bazookas on their backs... And there is also beetles and wasps and stuff like that i played it in year 2003 and i dont know when it was made... Please reply

hushus46

Dec 11, 2012
Looking for a game with the following descriptions by two people:

"OK guys here is another i think more difficult one

There was this game a third person rpg.
The game consisted of floating islands and you play a little blond boy dressed in blue, you have a mana and health bar. When you jump of one of the islands you land on a giant eagle which you can use to fly to other islands.I think the objective of the game was to go to specific islands with gates on them and these gates were portals to other levels. In this levels you run around collecting orbs and fighting of monsters. When you are running through a level there is only one way to follow and that was fairly simple, just running and shooting. The games was inspired by the asian culture because the houses, plants, orbs and people were very china/japan looking like. I also think your weapon was shooting energy balls of some kind, hence the manabar...

Can anyone help me i have absolutely no clue left of what it was called but i like to finish it once and for all!"

"Guys, i dont know what to say really

I have this game in mind, finding it again will bring tears to my eyes!
I played this game everyday when i was 8 or 9 (I'm 16 now)

Basically:
Its a PC game
Windows 98 or most likely xp
I dont think it was famous or really that known, my uncle gave it to me on like a burned (not literally) disk
So basically from what I remember
it had a japanese theme to it i think, i might be wrong
I think you started in some dojo
It was a 3d first person btw
you had blonde her i think?
i feel like the game starts with an s
i think you shot fireballs or something
you would ride this huge pink thing or some really weird creature to different islands where there were different types of monsters
im pretty sure there were like potions, and a shop
also im pretty sure u had to buy the game to save, i probably had a demo
It's not a point and click though, its like a shooter in a way
Please help me, i knw it is a vague memory but pleaseee!"

I'm looking for this as well, been many years. Cringing like a ***** to find it.

hushus46

Dec 11, 2012
Looking for a game with the following descriptions by two people:

"OK guys here is another i think more difficult one

There was this game a third person rpg.
The game consisted of floating islands and you play a little blond boy dressed in blue, you have a mana and health bar. When you jump of one of the islands you land on a giant eagle which you can use to fly to other islands.I think the objective of the game was to go to specific islands with gates on them and these gates were portals to other levels. In this levels you run around collecting orbs and fighting of monsters. When you are running through a level there is only one way to follow and that was fairly simple, just running and shooting. The games was inspired by the asian culture because the houses, plants, orbs and people were very china/japan looking like. I also think your weapon was shooting energy balls of some kind, hence the manabar...

Can anyone help me i have absolutely no clue left of what it was called but i like to finish it once and for all!"

"Guys, i dont know what to say really

I have this game in mind, finding it again will bring tears to my eyes!
I played this game everyday when i was 8 or 9 (I'm 16 now)

Basically:
Its a PC game
Windows 98 or most likely xp
I dont think it was famous or really that known, my uncle gave it to me on like a burned (not literally) disk
So basically from what I remember
it had a japanese theme to it i think, i might be wrong
I think you started in some dojo
It was a 3d first person btw
you had blonde her i think?
i feel like the game starts with an s
i think you shot fireballs or something
you would ride this huge pink thing or some really weird creature to different islands where there were different types of monsters
im pretty sure there were like potions, and a shop
also im pretty sure u had to buy the game to save, i probably had a demo
It's not a point and click though, its like a shooter in a way
Please help me, i knw it is a vague memory but pleaseee!"

I'm looking for this as well, been many years. Cringing like a ***** to find it.

jibclimmer

Sep 20, 2014
karsa-mistmere said:
jibclimmer said:
5. A Diablo clone but with a slightly more cartoony or silly aesthetic. You started out as a farm boy or something. The game was pretty silly. I just remember that killing an armored guard got me almost instantly killed and that they used different color-skinned beasts to indicate stronger ones. I feel like it had a one word title. It was for PC- windows 95 era.I don't think it was an a-list title. It was fun though. I think they touted that it was easily user-moddable. Design your own playable modules kind of thing.
Could this possibly be Fate? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuTLv8sbG4c
Definitely pre-fate 5+ years. The game I'm looking for was isometric and sprite-based. The name of the game might have also been the name of the protagonist.

jibclimmer

Sep 20, 2014
raeior said:
jibclimmer said:
3. A hybrid RTS/first person vehicle sim. You primarily controlled a mothership that collected resources from control points and had turrets. Your mothership generated X number of minion cars/helicopters/jets etc on your orders to go fight the enemy. At any time you could jump to any minion and control it directly to take down the enemy mothership. Some enemies looked like WW I vehicles while others looked like aliens or futuristic.

This sounds like "Urban Assault". Took me quite a while to remember the name myself :) Quite a funny game.
BOOM you nailed it thank you.

hentus.pants

Sep 25, 2014
Yeah I've got a pretty obscure surrealist early 2000's platformer that's driving me crazy, but the thing is I can pretty much remember the whole opening cinematic. In terms of art style, think something along the lines of Rayman 3D.

So basically our hero is this small, weedy and nervous alien guy who's in love with an alien girl who apparently has the hots for some other alien guy. All three of the above are on this spaceship that flaps its wings like a bird. Hero mutters to himself in an elevator about this latter guy and loudly exclaims that he's a 'fungus' which two massive goons in the elevator seem to take offense to, probably thinking it was directed at them. In a rush not to get pummelled to a pulp he runs off and locks himself in some kind of artifact room that fits the standard artifact room trope like a glove. Long story short, somehow in his panic a bottle of random green stuff gets dropped out of the ship.

Meanwhile, down below a human drunk with a lantern jaw gets kicked out of some kind of dive bar. He lies on the ground and complains about having nothing to drink. The bottle of green stuff falls from the sky in front of him and he drinks it saying it's not too bad. It's some kind of superpowered magic stuff because it basically turns the world into this weird surreal Alice in Wonderland kind of place that basically responds to his whims.

Our alien hero is taken before some kind of big scary alien tribunal in chains, and he is sentenced to recover our said McGuffin bottle of stuff from the tower the drunkard-cum-ruler of the world is keeping it in. This fails spectacularly due in part to how inept our hero is and he ends up crash landing on the surface of the planet. Aaaaaand that's where the player starts from.

I can't even remember if I got very far in it, but the fact that I can remember this much without being able to find anything about it is really annoying me.

egalomon

Sep 10, 2014
egalomon said:
jibclimmer said:
egalomon said:
Brain Tumor said:
egalomon said:
egalomon said:
Okay this drives me crazy for a long time now.
The game I'm remembering was a car related SNES game. Unlike most of the car games back then, it wasn't driving races on tracks, it was more like a stock car pit fighting thing.
You could choose between like 10-15 different characters, all with their specifications (concerning weapons, health and stuff). I'm not quite sure what the goal was, but I think you had to bump enemy cars off the edge of the "map". Or destroy them somehow.

The characters were mostly not-human, if I remember correctly, but I know I found them hilariously funny back then when I was like 8yo. So maybe they had funny quotes or appearance, I don't really know...
I checked all the lists of car related SNES games I could find, without results. A friend of mine told me you could obtain a trophy in one of the SSB games, that would resemble a character of said game, but I couldn't find anything.

As I said, I checked a lot of lists, so I know it's not Battle Cars. And all the other car games I found where racing simulations, whereas my game isn't a simulation at all.
So maybe someone remembers it, since it's obviously quite unknown. Please, I want to know the name of that game. Maybe it's not even funny anymore, but I just need clarity.
Bump.
And I remember another game. It was kinda like Heroes of Might and Magic (an early one, like 2 or 3), but I swear it's none of them. Does someone know another game series similar to HOMM?
It wasn't Rock n Roll Racing?
No, definitely not. I'm 100% sure you weren't driving a track, it was more like roaming freely in a specific area. And the characters stuck out of the cars like in Super Mario Kart, so that you could see them.
Whacky Wheels or Skunny Cart?
Close, really close. I think the characters were humanoid, but not exactly humans. They were in some comic style drawn, pretty unrealistic.
But they way they stuck out of their cars is comparable to Whacky Wheels. So we're getting closer! As a reminder: SNES. Not Rock n Roll Racing. Pretty sure there were no tracks to drive laps, but drive freely in a squared arena thing.
Bumping once again. Come on guys, this game was hilarious! Someone else must have played it too!

Santis

Sep 24, 2014
egalomon said:
egalomon said:
jibclimmer said:
egalomon said:
Brain Tumor said:
egalomon said:
egalomon said:
Okay this drives me crazy for a long time now.
The game I'm remembering was a car related SNES game. Unlike most of the car games back then, it wasn't driving races on tracks, it was more like a stock car pit fighting thing.
You could choose between like 10-15 different characters, all with their specifications (concerning weapons, health and stuff). I'm not quite sure what the goal was, but I think you had to bump enemy cars off the edge of the "map". Or destroy them somehow.

The characters were mostly not-human, if I remember correctly, but I know I found them hilariously funny back then when I was like 8yo. So maybe they had funny quotes or appearance, I don't really know...
I checked all the lists of car related SNES games I could find, without results. A friend of mine told me you could obtain a trophy in one of the SSB games, that would resemble a character of said game, but I couldn't find anything.

As I said, I checked a lot of lists, so I know it's not Battle Cars. And all the other car games I found where racing simulations, whereas my game isn't a simulation at all.
So maybe someone remembers it, since it's obviously quite unknown. Please, I want to know the name of that game. Maybe it's not even funny anymore, but I just need clarity.
Bump.
And I remember another game. It was kinda like Heroes of Might and Magic (an early one, like 2 or 3), but I swear it's none of them. Does someone know another game series similar to HOMM?
It wasn't Rock n Roll Racing?
No, definitely not. I'm 100% sure you weren't driving a track, it was more like roaming freely in a specific area. And the characters stuck out of the cars like in Super Mario Kart, so that you could see them.
Whacky Wheels or Skunny Cart?
Close, really close. I think the characters were humanoid, but not exactly humans. They were in some comic style drawn, pretty unrealistic.
But they way they stuck out of their cars is comparable to Whacky Wheels. So we're getting closer! As a reminder: SNES. Not Rock n Roll Racing. Pretty sure there were no tracks to drive laps, but drive freely in a squared arena thing.
Bumping once again. Come on guys, this game was hilarious! Someone else must have played it too!
Street Racer?
http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/2011/03/street_racer_retro

It had a battle mode that didn't use tracks as well as the racing; "On offer is Rumble ? a dull affair where the aim is to simply knock opponents out of an arena "

cyber_waster

Sep 25, 2014
Hey everyone,
I'm having trouble remembering a game I played back in 1995 while in primary school. I'm not sure what computer or OP it was but I think it might have been a really old Mac computer possibly from the 80s, or Windows 95.

Anyway, the game involved children, 2 or 3 i think, that solved mysteries in a town, retrieving various items etc.. One aspect that I strongly remember from the game was that the kids finally find the address they have been looking for, but find the house is old and derelict. They go inside and sure enough nobody is there. They can however, travel back in time to a period when the house was in use and people lived in it. So they go back in time into the Victorian age and find the house transformed. But they have to avoid being seen so they hide. They then explore the house in search for clues about who lived in the house. They continually travel back and forth in time in order to advance throughout the house. For instance they come to a room and, upon comparing it to the present day, find a door that did not exist in the past so they enter and find themselves somewhere completely different.

I don't know the name, but this is strongest memory I have of the game. I loved the game but the computer got taken away before I could finish it.

If you think its familiar then please give suggestions, if not its no biggie :)

Glacierwolf12

Sep 25, 2014
ok so when i was a kid i used to play this PC game where you can play as a doctor(or scientist) of some kind and a soldier depending on who you wanted to be but when you are the doctor ( i liked playing him the most) you can make weapons out of things you find around the map and one of the example that i remember is finding a loaf of bread, a vial of green acid, and a toaster. when you combine the bread and the acid you get granade bread and when you put it in the toaster you get (basically) a grenade launcher. i can remember the name of this game but i would love to find and play it again if anyone could help me find the name
also it was not a side scroller it was more like the same platform as unreal tournament

AntonioEd

Sep 25, 2014
Glacierwolf12 said:
ok so when i was a kid i used to play this PC game where you can play as a doctor(or scientist) of some kind and a soldier depending on who you wanted to be but when you are the doctor ( i liked playing him the most) you can make weapons out of things you find around the map and one of the example that i remember is finding a loaf of bread, a vial of green acid, and a toaster. when you combine the bread and the acid you get granade bread and when you put it in the toaster you get (basically) a grenade launcher. i can remember the name of this game but i would love to find and play it again if anyone could help me find the name
also it was not a side scroller it was more like the same platform as unreal tournament
I think its mdk 2 dude,
theres a new version of it from 2011 i guess, they did a very good work on the remake[

gamermole

Sep 21, 2014
gamermole said:
I just had to register as this game has been in my mind since junior/primary school (90s) and probably unknown as it may have been a school game..... I think it was a maths game where a stick figure stood on a ledge and you typed in a number which I believe was the angle and you pressed enter to make him swing on a rope.... The angles you typed in decided whether you made it to the other ledge or not............. Out of all the games I've played this one has stuck with me the most it's odd.

If this helps I'm from the UK just in case it was a school only game

Any help anyone?
Anyone?

Isaiah Garratt

Sep 25, 2014
Isaiah Garratt said:
I want to know what this game is. Its kinda like a strategy but with BUGS... You start off with an Anthill and you attack the spiders with ants with bazookas on their backs... And there is also beetles and wasps and stuff like that i played it in year 2003 and i dont know when it was made... Please reply
Anyone? There was also like black widow spiders...

diablo rules

Aug 14, 2014
Isaiah Garratt said:
Isaiah Garratt said:
Try:

Empire Of The Ants (2000)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0AdbBAEyd0

or

Swarm Assault (2001)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro0RyIXSJRU

Arenegeth

Aug 22, 2014
Arenegeth said:
OK here?s my game from before reworded and added a couple of points I remembered.

I?m looking for an Arcade game, might have being ported to a console, if it has I never seen it.
I played it on a cruise ship back in 94?, so it can?t be any newer than that (looked 90?s).

It graphically looked closer to something like Metal Slug than let?s say Wonderboy, but it might be my memory making it look prettier than it was, closer to 16 bit than 8 bit anyway. I think it was from Taito but I?m not sure.

In the game I think you play as an alien whose UFO crash landed on earth, the first stage is a jungle, there is a chance you fight against aliens and the character you control was a spaceman and not alien (he crashed on a alien planet instead). I distinctly remember that he/it was mostly white in color (with a bit of red maybe) and rode a hoverboard either at some point at the start or all the way through. What is mostly striking in my memory is that the character's head was either round, or an eyeball, what I definitely remember is that at some point, maybe as a special attack a huge eyeball spins with some electricity around it at the center of the screen.

I?ve been trying to find it since then, but never saw it in other Arcades. I tried researching for it online and no luck. If nobody here can help me I?m going to try going through the Taito?s Arcade library, so I can at least rule out that it was from them. Thanks for looking into it.
Re-posting my game from couple of pages back and for the third time? And to add that the game is sidescrolling (very obvious in my mind so I always forget to mention it) and the aesthetics were cartoony not serious.

Seriously at this point I think I've imagined this game.

Isaiah Garratt

Sep 25, 2014
diablo rules said:
Isaiah Garratt said:
Isaiah Garratt said:
Try:

Empire Of The Ants (2000)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0AdbBAEyd0

or

Swarm Assault (2001)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro0RyIXSJRU
DUDE I FUCKING LOVE YOU #NoHomo ITS SWARM ASSAULT THANK YOU SO MUCH

Mohamed ALaa

Sep 25, 2014
Kallie said:
Mohamed ALaa said:
Hello Guys,

The game i search for is a Race game i played it around 2007. the cars in some places of the track can run on walls and roofs. there are some things in the track that when you take them you can use their effects. you can store a max of 2 effects. and as i remember u can use them on keyboard by (1 and 2) buttons. the cars were like they can walk on both sides i mean if the car drop down form the roof it will continue running because it can run on the other side of itself.
Possibly Rollcage [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollcage_%28video_game%29] or its sequel?
Omg man yes it's Rollcage.
ty so much bro

casijuzaku

Aug 9, 2014
Looking for a game
Description:
Puzzle Board 3D Download game
you play as a girl= treasure hunter to college the gems
When youre running out of time a guardian shows up that looks like the grim reaper=pointing a finger at you
played it around 2003-2004
background over water

Vinter

Sep 26, 2014
I used to play this game on the pc as a kid, must've been at least 10-12 years ago.
Though I don't recall many details, I know it was a fantasy game that was turn-based (probably). You took turns moving your character in an overworld, where there were enemies and npcs that you could fight or alliance yourself with. You could also conquer lands? I remember there were some dragons, and maybe you could change what kinda character you played as? For example, you could be a knight or a wizard, among other things. I think. I was pretty young. Any help is greatly appreciated, as I've been looking for this game for years!