Opinions you have that most people don't agree with.

mandaforever

Feb 16, 2011
Hot Topic is not a horrible franchise stealing everything you love and pandering to the masses. People like it, so do I, and although it's a little overpriced, it's not evil! Their products are good for the most part. People need to make money, by the way.

Scott Pilgrim, though I can see why people dislike it, was an artistically GREAT movie that a lot of people can relate to.

Graphics and 3D modeling as a whole are extremely overrated (in movies, not video games), 2D animation is awesome and can be just as visually great if not more so. Though 3D, if used right, IS awesome and amazing, come use it as an easy way out to "make arts" and make movies. But like I said, if used right, with talented artists and game developers, 3D modeling is great too.

I hate it when men are intimidated by the fact that I am a woman with opinions. Yet they are, all the time. Man up, women have opinions too. Deal with it.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
I think paintings and sculptures etc are the worst form of art, I think that now if something is a painting or sculpture then it is heralded as art when so many other games,movies and comics try so hard to be art but just because there what they are theyre.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
I personally think that Jim Carrey is an overacting unfunny twat that has no business being in movies and no one seems the be on the same page as me.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
mandaforever said:
I hate it when men are intimidated by the fact that I am a woman with opinions. Yet they are, all the time. Man up, women have opinions too. Deal with it.
As a guy, I can agree with that statement whole-heartedly. Too many men need to grow some balls.

icame

Aug 4, 2010
I hate mass effect 1. It is a horribly mediocre experience. Too my suprise the second became one of my favorite games. Just goes to show you how one can learn from their mistakes.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
ZeroMachine said:
Skullkid4187 said:
The government will enslave you if you legalize marijuana, prostitution, and take away guns.
That's... interesting.

Considering the thread I would never challenge that assertion, but I'm curious as to why you think that.

(I can see where you'd be coming from with the "taking away guns" part, just not the marijuana and prostitution part.)

EDIT: If you'd rather not explain in the thread itself, go ahead and PM.
Well they set up drug and whore houses...once you're addicted, the guns away, they will take it away and you'll do anything to get them back!

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
mandaforever said:
Hot Topic is not a horrible franchise stealing everything you love and pandering to the masses. People like it, so do I, and although it's a little overpriced, it's not evil! Their products are good for the most part. People need to make money, by the way.

Scott Pilgrim, though I can see why people dislike it, was an artistically GREAT movie that a lot of people can relate to.

Graphics and 3D modeling as a whole are extremely overrated, 2D animation and games are awesome and can be just as visually great if not more so. Though 3D, if used right, IS awesome and amazing, come use it as an easy way out to "make arts" and to make games. But like I said, if used right, with talented artists and game developers, 3D modeling is great too.

I completely agree with all of that, especially about Avatar, it was Pocahontas with blue people

icame

Aug 4, 2010
ABLb0y said:
I genuinly like Splatterhouse. And Kane & Lynch. And Final Fantasy. And WET. God, i really am the opposite of Yahtzee, aren't i? Oh, and I hated Mass Effect 2. Especially Miranda. And I hated Citizen Kane. And Portal. And Half-life 2. And Minecraft.
YOU ARE NOT HUMAN. GET BACK DEMON!

(But seriously, your entitled to your opinion.)

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
mjc0961 said:
Terminate421 said:
Apparently on the escapist you either hate or like Pokemon. Unfortunatly I am subject to Harrasment when I say the Phrase, "I like the 5th generations" and I tend to get angry when people Harrass me.

Its odd to because they say there aren't any good 5th gen pokemon but they fail to even point out one that even KINDA looks cool or is close to their opinion of liking.
They're just too busy talking about how great 2nd gen was, despite it having a hell of a lot more bad Pokémon than 5th gen did. Hell, the only reason so many of the 2nd gen Pokémon are worth using today is because 4th gen changed how moves are special or physical attacks based on the move itself rather than its type.
Believe it or not my Favorite Generations are the 2nd and 4th. Why? Because they gave the most amongst the rest of the other generations and they had the most interesting pokemon amongst the others.

5th gen is tied with 3rd generation

but the 1st gen while I like has sort of grown off of me. I guess its the fact that the only actually useful (And Fair, no Ubers) pokemon from that generation are:
Zapdos, Starmie, Vaporeon, Jolteon, and Gengar

This is my opinion but its more of a design thing. I like the newer designs they have (I still like the old ones as well) but let me give an Example:

Would you prefer this:

Or this:

I would definitly prefer the latter because, not only does it look cooler but I can tell what it is, Scolipede is a Giant Centipede with a fat belly and eyes that make it look like it doesn't care which makes it somewhat sexy (Did I just say that?) while Pinsir is a walking tree stump that feels the need to copy Megalon and have a vertical mouth. But then again that is my opinion which unfortunatly some people attack ME for. saying that I haven't "Seen the light" when I've been playing this shit since it first hit U.S. Shores. (By the way I have yet to actually find a pokemon "sexy" the above phrase for Scolipede was a joke)

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
Skullkid4187 said:
ZeroMachine said:
Skullkid4187 said:
The government will enslave you if you legalize marijuana, prostitution, and take away guns.
That's... interesting.

Considering the thread I would never challenge that assertion, but I'm curious as to why you think that.

(I can see where you'd be coming from with the "taking away guns" part, just not the marijuana and prostitution part.)

EDIT: If you'd rather not explain in the thread itself, go ahead and PM.
Well they set up drug and whore houses...once you're addicted, the guns away, they will take it away and you'll do anything to get them back!
Alright, I can kinda see that logic, though for the record marijuana isn't really addictive. Cigarettes and alcohol are way more addictive (and that's coming from someone that doesn't condone pot smoking).

Tentickles

Oct 24, 2010
I enjoy Lady Gaga for her unique style and okay music. She is a breath of fresh air in a land of mediocre artists.
Hate Linkin Park.
Football is a horrible game. So is baseball.
An armed society is a polite society. You would keep your mouth shut if someone had a 1911 in your face.
Lawyers should get the same sentence as their defendants.
I think hitting children is an acceptable punishment.
The Disney Company needs to burn and die.
Being Prejudice or Racist is okay as long as you dont act on it, because EVERYONE is alittle of both.

tobi the good boy

Dec 16, 2007
I hate Jack Black, he's a crude unfunny moron and I wouldn't feel bad at all if i inadvertently was a reason for his demise

MysticToast

Jul 28, 2010
Thought of a few more (this thread is fun :D )

The "green" movement is retarded and I want to throw up every time I hear a company go "We're going green!!!!11!!!lulz!1!11"

Rap isn't music and photography isn't art. I have much more respect for a person who can draw than a person who can point a camera at a pretty thing.

Naturality

Feb 23, 2010
Whateveralot said:
I like microwave lasagne.

Not a lot of people agree with me on this.
You've got my backing!

Personally, I absolutely abhor, detest the entire Star Wars franchise. It is a disgusting, useless stain on the genre of science fiction.
I also hate Apple (I know I'm far from alone on this, but most people I speak to do disagree with me). To quote RMS, "Apple is about as nasty as exists in the world today".
Conversely, I'm okay with Microsoft. I mean, I don't love them, no one does, but Microsoft as it operates today is actually not bad by my standards.

Finally, poetry is a woefully ineffective way of purveying a message.

A lot of people hate me. Especially artists.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
I should also say that I am attacked whenever I say Halo does have Character and is probobly one of the best games ever. (The entire franchise takes the #2 spot on my top ten list) but yet I can't say it with out getting the Doom or Golden Eye argument.

Shadie777

Feb 1, 2011
remnant_phoenix said:
Krantos said:
God exists. Jesus was the son/offspring/part or God. The Bible is almost completely wrong.

Beat that.

Christians and Atheists hate me.
I can't beat that, but I can join it. I unquestionably believe that God exists and loves me and that the man we call "Jesus" was the purest expression of that love.

I also believe in evolution, that the Earth is 4.6 billion years old, and that the vast majority of the Bible is meant to be taken figuratively or contextually, if not outright ignored.

You are not alone.
Yay for people that share my view.
I believe that God could exist (I hope he does), that the Bible is mostly wrong (and has a lot of contradictions), that religion can be used for good and that the only thing wrong with religion is the bad people within it.
I believe that both religion and science is an important part of the Human race!

In terms of other stuff, I found Red Dead Redemption boring.
In my opinion I found Fallout New Vegas is better than Fallout 3.
I actually enjoyed playing Resistance 2.
I do not like Naruto or Bleach.
I find the new generation of Pokemon to be awesome and is actually better than most of the original Pokemon. Just look how awesome this thing looks:
[http://media.photobucket.com/image/garchomp/marioalvarez_2007/Garchomp.png?o=7]

unicron44

Oct 12, 2010
I thought Scott Pilgrim was just 'okay' and that The Expendables wasn't as bad as people said it was.

Liking something obscure trying to make more people aware of it doesn't make you a "fucking hipster". Only when you look down on others for it that makes you not just a hipster, but an asshole.

I have no idea what nearly 90% of people talk about on this site, that's not really an opinion but I thought it sort of fit into this thread.

I also find Extra Credits really annoying at times, along with the whole games as art debate, because sometimes it feels like people only think that the only games that can made are games like Shadow of the Colossus and Bioshock and that games that are just fun action games are bringing down the industry.

Whoatemysupper

Aug 20, 2010
I don't find WoW addictive (quit due to boredom at 72) and Communism is greater democracy than the US' system.