Pokeball Button Combos

RikSharp

Feb 11, 2009
adderseal said:
I would use my jedi powers. Worked EVERY TIME.
But seriously, it was down + b. I caught Azelf a few days ago by chucking a quick ball on the first turn. I had bought shitloads of potions and dusk balls and felt so cheated that I almost reset, before realizing that would be retarded.
on the first turn a quick ball has a x4 catch rate chance, every other turn its x1 like a pokéball

No-Superman10

Sep 6, 2008
Soylent Bacon said:
Ball is flying, press nothing. Ball is rolling around with a Pokemon inside, mash A like my life depends on it.
Seconded, even after 5 years i can't stop.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
i just drop the game and let my brain wander for a few seconds. it seems most effective. i caught 2 chancy's, a syther, and a kanghastan on my first try that way.

internethobo

Nov 19, 2009
I always held A down when the pokemon went into the ball and held my breath, so I could let my pokeball concentrate. I like to think it worked :D

adderseal

Nov 20, 2009
RikSharp said:
adderseal said:
I would use my jedi powers. Worked EVERY TIME.
But seriously, it was down + b. I caught Azelf a few days ago by chucking a quick ball on the first turn. I had bought shitloads of potions and dusk balls and felt so cheated that I almost reset, before realizing that would be retarded.
on the first turn a quick ball has a x4 catch rate chance, every other turn its x1 like a pokéball
I know, but I tried it on Heatran a few days later and approximately 2 hours, 70 soft resets, and 280 quick balls later I gave up and killed the bastard. It let me go back to my EV training :D and it felt good

Zetero

Apr 11, 2010
Classic is A + B, but then discovered that i catched Suicune by holding B + Up. If none works its holding all the buttons untill you catch it.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
Soylent Bacon said:
Ball is flying, press nothing. Ball is rolling around with a Pokemon inside, mash A like my life depends on it.
That's mine too. The success rate leaves something to be desired, but dammit it felt like I was doing something!

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
jewmaniac said:
up, down, a, b, left, right. i swear to you it works caught mewtwo with a dusk ball. and also every time i dont use it it just wont catch anyhting
You caught mewtwo in a cave with a dusk ball. Catch rate of 3 multiplied by the dusk ball cave modifier of 4, leaving you with a catch rate of 12. A button combo didn't catch him for you, math did. Also, you are just psyching yourself out, you can catch any pokemon without a button combo.
EDIT: also it used to ACTUALLY be a cheat. i have the lvl 70 lugia in a great ball to prove it, as well as mewtwo in a poke ball. idk if it still works in HG and SS but i still do it.
It never was a cheat, and I've got a lvl 70 Ho-oh in a poke ball to prove it. It's luck combined with a few math equations(is he asleep, paralyzed, etc.). Personally, I just got lucky and my ho-oh wasn't asleep or paralyzed or anything else when I tried to caught him.

Jun 11, 2008
RikSharp said:
i've never done any of the crazy things cos i figured they was all lies. turns out i was right.
Seriously you think that's complicated try the EV training that is so complicated too Jesus I can't believe the actual hidden depth in the game.

mklnjbh

Mar 22, 2009
I always got scared that if I touched anything, the Pokemon would escape. Never touched a button...

Teh Ty

Sep 10, 2008
My cousins and I pressed L when the ball leaned to the right, and R when it leaned to the left.