Pokeball Button Combos

Bagaloo

Sep 17, 2008
Down + B for me. Feels unnatural when I don't do it.

Looking forwards to doing it again when my copy of Soul Silver arrives within the week :D

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Hold down and mash A, it works I tell you!

The thing is even though I know it doesn't do anything I still do it,even when I've thrown 20 pokeballs during the same encounter, it's something thoroughly ingrained in me.

Maybe it's a nintendo plot, so that one day thier mind control device will launch, and it requires pokefans to mash buttons to launch, and they show a pokeball capturing a pokemon to them.

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Down + b, pressed at exactly the moment, the pokeball closes/flashes, and released instantaneously. Guaranteed to work. If it doesn't, clearly I've just pressed it at slightly the wrong time. It has to work!

nicholaxxx

Jun 30, 2009
epninja said:
I use a + b and Down. Its just became apart of when I catch Pokemon now, it feels weird if I don't use the button combo.
pretty much this, but then I hacked one of my games for infinite master balls....good times...

Darkblazer

Dong Mauler
Jun 16, 2009
Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B Down + B

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
if its a particularly intense battle ill sometimes throw the pokeball and the run away and put my fingers in my ears, wait and then slowly look at the screen, resulting in either

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMIT!!!
or
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *victory dance*

although usually i settle for a mixture of select and B timed with pokeball throwing, flashing and shaking pretty randomly

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
if you do nothing you feel as if you cant TRUST the game to catch your pokemon and that you have to step in and take matters into your own hands with your magic button pressing

Nikxz

Apr 18, 2009
I used to change it depending on the ball thrown. Down + B for pokéballs, Up + B for great balls and Up + A for ultraballs

Saargston

Feb 17, 2010
Well, lying wouldn't be a ballsy thing to do, so I'll go safari to say that since I first played blue version, I honestly believed that pressing B just as the ball shakes every time would make it easier to net the pokemon.
While at first, it can be hard to timer the presses, when you repeat this method so often, it becomes a walk in the park, but even though I've gotten great at it, It's failed more often than not.

I can be sure that an ultra secret method to ensure capture is a luxury that we just don't have, though I can see why the idea of one is allureing, such an addition would really throw off the playing field, and it would no longer be level. We can Poké around as much as we want, but we'll nest-ver find a way to ensure a quick catch. If you just love to use a method just for sport, by all means go ahead, but if you're going to dive off the deep end and look for a trick that really works, you should know that there could be heavy consequences.

That being said, even though I know it dusken't do anything, sometimes I'll catch myself, once in a blue moon trying the B-button method that I cherish so. While I try to curb the habit, it seems that I can never truly master a great enough effort to stop. It's no walk in the park, ending old habits.

As a final note, my friends, if anyone tries to tell you of a way to make captures easier, he's just trying to pull a fast one. (Of course, if you tell him that, heal vehemently deny it.)

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
You're all wrong, nothing works. I know we must live by the die. We're living on the edge, and you can only pray.