Pokeball Button Combos

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
I've heard if you mash A really fast you can smash your expectations!

Hikaru CF

May 28, 2009
A and B held down as soon as the Pokeball opens (timing is everything) and held down until the Pokeball clicks.

TheColdHeart

Sep 15, 2008
I used to (well...still do) hold down on the D-pad and hold my breath as soon as the pokeball closes. Don't know why, it just became one of those weird habits

Shepard's Shadow

Don't be afraid of the dark.
Mar 27, 2009
Press A and B rapidly, hold the Select button and press B/A rapidly, press B rapidly until the Pokemon is inside the Pokeball etc. Funny thing though, most of those suggestions came from one person.

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
For some reason, I twitch my eyes, starting with the right one whenever the ball twitches.

Now that's odd.

kaziard

Oct 28, 2008
Soylent Bacon said:
Ball is flying, press nothing. Ball is rolling around with a Pokemon inside, mash A like my life depends on it.
i am also a firm believer in this method

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Timer balls are Arceus' gift to man. (See what I did there?) Have 50 Timer Balls, 15 Ultra Balls (throw those first to pass the time) and a Smeargle with False swipe, Spore, Recover, and Foresight- You will be able to catch anything.

Threewave

Sep 7, 2009
Down+B was always a classic, but what I actually do now is:

Use Pokeball in menu - continue to hold A
Pokeball appears in the battle scene - release A
Pokeball snaps shut - Hold A
Pokeball reaches the ground - Hold A + B

Probably does nothing, but I do it.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
Down b. It feels like I'm holding hte pokeball close, even though it does nothing. Meh. I hate the inactiveness and powerlessness of throwing a pokeball.

apelsz

Mar 15, 2010
With the old games, I turned my GB to another direction, turned the sound off, and waited. When that didn't work, I would mash A like crazy.

With the GBA and DS games, I would close my SP/DS slightly so that I don't see it, turn sound off, and wait. Then, mash A like crazy again.

If all else fails, in any game, I follow the ball with my eyes EXACTLY, only blinking at the exact moment the ball clicks to tell me I caught it.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
Glademaster said:
RikSharp said:
i've never done any of the crazy things cos i figured they was all lies. turns out i was right.
Seriously you think that's complicated try the EV training that is so complicated too Jesus I can't believe the actual hidden depth in the game.
i dont think that equation covers everything, for one thing it doesnt mention relative levels. think of it this way, at the start of the game to catch a ratata you have to use a tackle or two right? come back later with level 60s and jobs a good un! shake shake shake click! dont even have to battle

Jun 11, 2008
interspark said:
Glademaster said:
RikSharp said:
i've never done any of the crazy things cos i figured they was all lies. turns out i was right.
Seriously you think that's complicated try the EV training that is so complicated too Jesus I can't believe the actual hidden depth in the game.
i dont think that equation covers everything, for one thing it doesnt mention relative levels. think of it this way, at the start of the game to catch a ratata you have to use a tackle or two right? come back later with level 60s and jobs a good un! shake shake shake click! dont even have to battle
It doesn't but that just goes to further show the actual hidden complexity in the game that people miss or ignore. I knew Pokemon wasn't for kids.