Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Baby Eater said:
ProfessorLayton said:
Call of Snip:Modern Snipfare
Totally unrelated but I love your avatar. It's almost hypnotising :p

On topic:You can bet they made a counterpart to the annoying pokemon. Zubat is now Dracubat and Ratatta is Megarodent or something.
it will probably be koromiri the bat thing and chiimari as their replacments

Baby Eater

Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
Aug 27, 2009
werewolfsfury said:
Baby Eater said:
ProfessorLayton said:
Call of Snip:Modern Snipfare
Totally unrelated but I love your avatar. It's almost hypnotising :p

On topic:You can bet they made a counterpart to the annoying pokemon. Zubat is now Dracubat and Ratatta is Megarodent or something.
it will probably be koromiri the bat thing and chiimari as their replacments
...I'm just gonna say Dracubat and Megarodent. I have dignity :p

Axzarious

Feb 18, 2010
NickCaligo42 said:
Dragonizer said:
I'm a little sad I won't be able to catch some old favorites
Yeah, but look at it this way: you won't be catching Bidoof or Ratatta again. There'll be some stupid equivalent pokemon, sure, but at least you won't be growling angrily and shouting, "I already caught you in the last four games--go away!"

Shockolate said:
Good! I'm sick of those fucking Geodude's.

Those things are fucking everywhere.
Oh yeah. THAT one too.
Zubat... you forgot zubat.... the pokemon you run into every two steps in caves and at night.

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
Dang, and here I was hoping I could find me some wild Charmander.
Dragonizer said:
Well, this is certainly unexpected news! I'm a little sad I won't be able to catch some old favorites, but it'll be neat seeing a new Pokemon with pretty much every battle.
Man, I get more and more hyped about these games with each new update! And I've still yet to finish Pokemon Diamond or HeartGold. :p
If you've been watching every update for these games, I can't believe you're hyped. Sure, a lot of the new features sound cool, but what's a Pokemon game all about? The freaks of nature you force into slavery, of course! And so far those have been very good at disappointing me. I mean seriously, what the hell is this supposed to be?

Damn it, Gamefreak, I thought we talked about this when you came up with Bidoof.

Don't look at me like that.

jamesworkshop

Sep 3, 2008
Dragonizer said:
NickCaligo42 said:
Dragonizer said:
I'm a little sad I won't be able to catch some old favorites
Yeah, but look at it this way: you won't be catching Bidoof or Ratatta again. There'll be some stupid equivalent pokemon, sure, but at least you won't be growling angrily and shouting, "I already caught you in the last four games--go away!"
I dunno, man. Rattata is actually one of my favorites. :p
Generation 1

Super fang + hyper beam for the win

Super fang + Dig (ghosts immune to normal except superfang)

thunder wave to paralyse the enemy

Kyman102

Apr 16, 2009
Magnalian said:
I mean seriously, what the hell is this supposed to be?

I dunno... What the hell was Jynx supposed to be? Really, I don't get why people are whining and bitching so much about the new Pokemon. There's gonna be badly designed ones in each generation. For every Charizard or Torterra, two VERY well-designed Pokemon IMO, there's going to be at least one Jynx or... Whatever that thing up there is. Some kind of parody of Gothic Lolita mixed with a Lego stack?

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
Wait wait wait, does this mean no fucking zubats and geodudes?!

Hell yes that is brilliant news, caves might become interesting finnaly. I shall spread the word.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
natster43 said:
I am happy for this, yet sad there will not be a new Eeveelution. Hooray for a completely new adventure!
they haven't shown all of them yet there are pokemon sites looking day and night for accidentally leaked pokemon so don't worry

Captain-Giggles

May 21, 2008
All I ask is for more fire pokemon, I remember running through Pearl thinking "Right, I'll have a team of only new pokemon" and could only find Ponyta. C'mon! Even the fire elite 4 guy had only 2 fire pokemon!

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Kyman102 said:
Magnalian said:

I dunno... What the hell was Jynx supposed to be? Really, I don't get why people are whining and bitching so much about the new Pokemon. There's gonna be badly designed ones in each generation. For every Charizard or Torterra, two VERY well-designed Pokemon IMO, there's going to be at least one Jynx or... Whatever that thing up there is. Some kind of parody of Gothic Lolita mixed with a Lego stack?
well on bulbapedia they have a theory on jynx

Leviathan_

Jan 2, 2009
This game seems to actually bring in some good ideas. Even though it saddens me not to be able to play with familiar pokémon, it'll be interesting to actually play with the new pokemon only.

I really like how they are changing the old game formula.

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
Kyman102 said:
Magnalian said:

How could I forget about Jynx? I guess she just doesn't bother me that much; She's part of the original 151 critters, so I consider her A-OK.

Maybe there's still hope for this Pokemon generation, maybe they'll come up with a Torterra-Charizard hybrid. They do seem to have gotten creative with the types, so who knows..

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
Anyone familiar with Pokemon would realize that you can get past Pokemon in the New Games. Zoaurk is unlocked using the Legendary Dogs through a special event...

As for me, I am sad about this news. It will feel entirely different. While every game adds something new, Pokemaniacs like me are USED to seeing Zubat, Geodude, and Pikachu within the new batch of Pokemon, mixxing familiar with old (So many Gravelers and Golbats, so little time...).

This isnt going to stop me from buying the game, but EPIC SADFACE =(. I liked the mixxing of old and new, and it seems like they are trying to shove this new title as far away from the others as possible.

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
Really happy for this. I remember how in Pearl I wanted to see all the new pokemon, walk into a cave, and get my hopes dashed by an onix. Definitely going to get this one.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Uber Waddles said:
Anyone familiar with Pokemon would realize that you can get past Pokemon in the New Games. Zoaurk is unlocked using the Legendary Dogs through a special event...

As for me, I am sad about this news. It will feel entirely different. While every game adds something new, Pokemaniacs like me are USED to seeing Zubat, Geodude, and Pikachu within the new batch of Pokemon, mixxing familiar with old (So many Gravelers and Golbats, so little time...).

This isnt going to stop me from buying the game, but EPIC SADFACE =(. I liked the mixxing of old and new, and it seems like they are trying to shove this new title as far away from the others as possible.
Yeah I have to say while I found Geodudes annoying to run into every five seconds, they'll just replace them with whatever they come up with now. At least we knew what to expect. I guess this means I'll actually use my starter some, instead of just until I can trade over my older pokemon. I just hate that it seems they're going to use the Palpark again. I wanted to be able to trade with Pearl and Soul Silver. This doesn't make it sound like that'll be possible.

Still, I'm sure I'll find me some pokemon that I'll like, and least we'll get a whole bunch of new ones to try out. They're gonna have to work to find me something I like more then Shinx though, lol.