Pokemon Black & White To Feature Only Entirely New Pokemon

BlueHighwind

Jan 24, 2010
I've been following this game's development mostly as just fascination, not really out of any real interest in playing the game. To me, Pokemon has been done to death, and its time for an old fogie like myself to bow out to new players. SoulSilver was my last harrah. But even so, despite declaring that, I still had an interest in how this game was developing, and possibly might have even gotten it despite my objections if they changed something really radically or fixed a major problem (like getting rid of those MOTHERFUCKING random battles).

This is kinda the exact opposite kind of development, something that makes me lose even more enthusiasm.

I can't have Pikachu? I love Pikachu!

You make me cry, GameFreak.

BlueHighwind

Jan 24, 2010
ZeroAE said:
NO GEODUDES OR ZUBATS....WOOOOOO!!!!!
You know they're just going to have different low-quality Pokemon that will show up on every route and ruin your life, right? If its not Zubat it will be "Batsauce" or something.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
DarkRyter said:
Matt Kloepfer said:
I'd have to say that the pokemon series is just going out of style. For all those little kids out there, fucking eh wonderful for them, but to those of us who were born in the age of the original versions, this is just more bullshit. It's about time for the games to stop being created and quit making more pokemon to add. The total number is probably easily over 1000 and the concepts of their design is just pathetic.
Pokemon remains one of Nintendo's most popular franchises, so I have no idea what you're talking about when you say it's "going out of style".

You use the same tired old arguments all nolstalgia blinded former so called "fans" use to declare the franchise ruined.

Oh too many pokemon? Last I remember, you can only carry a party of six. Six. Always have, always will. These complaints all seem to originate from that idiotic notion of "catching them all" that degrades the true concept of adventure and teamwork that the series has pushed for.

That you imply that all those who enjoy the later generations are foolhardy children is rather insulting. There exist devoted fans who have been with the series since its beginning and have remained with it, appreciating the changes that have improved, yes improved, upon the basic formula.

You complain about the pokemon design being so radically poorer than that of the first generation. Pokemon aren't getting worse. They are as inspired as they always have been constantly drawing from even the most obscure sources to create new ideas. So what if your personal design philosophy disagrees.

Oh, and this?
Matt Kloepfer said:
They are starting to take real animals and just slap a suffix on them and call them an inventive pokemon.
Squirtle looks upon you with shame.
*claps slowly* well said... well said

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
BlueHighwind said:
ZeroAE said:
You know they're just going to have different low-quality Pokemon that will show up on every route and ruin your life, right? If its not Zubat it will be "Batsauce" or something.
lol, batsauce, thats a good one. and while that is true, it will still be refreshing to have a new pest jumping up at you every 5 steps (although it will get frustrating again eventually)

DalekJaas

Dec 3, 2008
There will be a geodude, a zubat, a tentacool, a rattata, just with a different name and look. I bet as soon as you get surf, 5 seconds in you will meet the next new pain in the arse :p

Benjirimm

Mar 8, 2010
The fact it comes out in Japan months before anywhere else destroys that whole 'ooooo what?s that Pokémon?' thing as anyone remotely interested will not be able to resist the urge to look up all the shiny new Pokémon that will hit the internet next month.

TheStickman

Dec 24, 2009
Psycodiablo said:
[HEADING=2]HELL F***ING YES[/HEADING]

This has made my day. No longer will I have to deal with bloody Zubats and Geodudes when going true caves, or fecking Tentacools while surfing. This is awesome news. I am just so glad that I wont have to see them until I beat the game.
You realize they'll probably have a different Pokemon just pop up every five seconds steps?

OT: This sounds interesting and might actually serve to make the game better.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
I am happy for this, yet sad there will not be a new Eeveelution. Hooray for a completely new adventure!

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Can someone explain the fascination of Pokemon to me? I've never understood what's so interesting about it.
because! its a whole new world to be in! its a whole new way to win! it a whole new place with a brand new attitude... no.... thats the series 2 theme, but the point still stands! it puts you in a different world where everything is new and undiscovered! and even after you know the world inside out, theres a charm in raising pathetic weaklings to be allmighty fighters as your trusted compaions! and nintendo releases new generations so people can experience the first thing again

ZeroAE

Jun 7, 2010
BlueHighwind said:
ZeroAE said:
After 6 years of the same Zubat and Geodude , I just dont care!

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
So..... I guess there wont be a new EEVEE Evolution?

*sits in corner and cries*

I'm good I'm good! But the game does sound intresting even with the lack of eevee.

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
Benjirimm said:
The fact it comes out in Japan months before anywhere else destroys that whole 'ooooo what?s that Pokémon?' thing as anyone remotely interested will not be able to resist the urge to look up all the shiny new Pokémon that will hit the internet next month.
ive been worrying about the exact same thing, the next 8 months or so are gonna be torture as im determined not to ruin it for myself T~T

interspark

Dec 20, 2009
Fox KITSUNE said:
So..... I guess there wont be a new EEVEE Evolution?

*sits in corner and cries*

I'm good I'm good! But the game does sound intresting even with the lack of eevee.
you know they might just relese a new eeveelution at the end of the game, you never know

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
well it's a shame that I can't get pikachu or dratini but atleast no more ZUBATSHIT,RATTATARD AND GEO...poo? sorry I just hate them all, I mean the only one with decent stats is geodude but it's either ultra resistant or 1 hit KO. though honestly if you look up on seribii and check the pokémon like I did you can probably already devise a decent team, for me-
1.grass starter \
2.fire starter (For the 3 I'll pretty much hunt someone down who has a copy of the game)
3.water starter /
4.kibago(dragon)probably the first dragon type that will be available early in the game
5.wooguru(flying)let's face it this thing could be the new pidgey if it can evolve
6.either shimama(electric) or one of the cover legendaries

Baby Eater

Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
Aug 27, 2009
ZeroAE said:
Pfff.... Who needs that. I can just import them from Diamond.
That kinda defeats the purpose. Don't get me wrong, it's fine to have one or two imported but if you have a team of oldies it gets rid of the mystery coming with all new pokemon. You'll know their attacks,when they evolve,the best strategy,ect.

I personally will use absolutely no old pokemon to get a new experience.

Willis_D

May 27, 2009
TheStickman said:
Psycodiablo said:

This has made my day. No longer will I have to deal with bloody Zubats and Geodudes when going true caves, or fecking Tentacools while surfing. This is awesome news. I am just so glad that I wont have to see them until I beat the game.
You realize they'll probably have a different Pokemon just pop up every five seconds steps?

I do, yes, but at least they'll be bloody different Pokémon! That is reason enough to be delighted!

TheStickman

Dec 24, 2009
Psycodiablo said:
TheStickman said:
Psycodiablo said:

I do, yes, but at least they'll be bloody different Pokémon! That is reason enough to be delighted!
Indeed! I just wonder what they'll be.

Baby Eater

Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
Aug 27, 2009
Darth Pope said:
Too bad all the new Pokemon suck.
Have you seen Magneton?
Magnemite x 3 = evolution?

But I agree that it seems they lost some creativity.