Pokemon Gets Gritty in Live Action Pokemon Apokelypse

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
I'm impressed =) That is one well-imagined video. And I agree about the trips to the pokemon centre - if I limped in with 4 fainted pokemon, one paralysed and one poisoned, I always half-expected the Nurse joy to be like 'I'm calling social services'. Or Poke services. =P

Ariene

Sep 22, 2010
I REALLLY don't understand what are in American's head
do you all really think this crap is cool?!
it's an insult to pokemon!
and you all think it's awsome? that Pikachu look like a FROG! what is Pikachu? it's an electric mouse, ?d?C?l! not a frog!
and who IS that old men? why are all the characters look SOO old in the trailer?
this thread really make me disappointed, when I first watched this trailer, I laughed, and thinking everyone will think it's ridiculous. but what I actually saw is people saying 'GOD DAMN THIS IS SO COOLL!'
now, I understanded one thing, that is ********************!

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Uber Waddles said:
Half of me is shocked and offended, the other half is like "omg well done".

B class acting aside (as I think thats what it was going for =p) the special effects were awesome.

Just be careful though, I can see Nintendo just saying LOL NO and taking this off YouTube for "copyright infringement", like they did to Serebii and PokeBeach
I thought they only do that to anything that can make money. They seem to support simple fan stuff, but when its something sold (ie if they made and sold a real movie) is when they strike.

And why did Wheezing have fur?

jaing1138

May 25, 2010
Why is not being made? Nintendo should jump on this idea it would make so much money and would be a refreshing change of pace from the games and tv series. Even remaking the tv series in this style would be quite cool.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
I'm sorry, but this is just cheesy. And not in the good way. I'm no fan of the Pokemon franchise, I do enjoy Red and Blue, but this... no.

Turning a bad cartoon into a cheesy "gritty" live action show is just... ugh... no. I got shivers when I saw the trailer, and not the good kind.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
While I normally hate it when things are made "Darker and Edgier" (especially things aimed at kids) that really was cool.

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
Outlaw Torn said:
And to think that The Escapist could have had a series like this but somehow was left with a good knight's quest. The only think I don't like about the video is that some of the pokémon look a little strange, even by pokémon standards.
Wow, that was also my first thought when I saw that vid.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
SnipErlite said:
Hey, that looks pretty cool. I'd go see it.

Wait, was that Mewtwo forcing suicide using telepathy? Damn.

And the use of a Magnemite as an instrument of torture? Woah.
You missed the voltorb carbombing.

Cxizent

Jan 14, 2009
"Man, I love the gritty/dark redisign of something I loved as a child! Pikachu looks different though, that's retarded."

This was sublime. The chessy lines from the show just made it shine.

Better than Saturday Morning Watchmen.

MajoraPersona

Aug 4, 2009
Twilight.falls said:
As an avid Pokemon fan, I find this trailer to be hilarious.

But who said Pokemon is all happiness and rainbows? Sure, on the surface it is to keep a light hearted feel, but it definitely isn't childish.

A good amount of Pokemon are stated to actively hunt people's souls, for example.
Some people ask why someone gives up their criminal plots when they're beaten in a pokemon battle by a ten-year-old kid.

Said people neglect to think about the fact that the ten-year-old kid just commanded a dragon to wipe out the pokemon they use in their criminal activities. Which, back in Red and Blue, included the occasional murder. If they were to try something, they'd better hope to have life insurance.

At some point, most of the western world seems to have come under the impression that shows aimed at kids avoid things like death. Between Batman, Spider-Man, and Pokemon, there's plenty of death in so-called children's media. Because, surprise surprise, Ash has died no less than twice, and half the pokemon movies have characters (usually pokemon) dying.

Is it designed for kids? Yes. Just like Star Wars.

RandallJohn

Aug 21, 2010
I wanna know why the heck Gary isn't in this. I freaking love that guy annoying catchphrases and all.

Smell ya later.

MetalGenocide

Dec 2, 2009
It's funny, how a fan-made trailer, to a currently non-existing movie is better, than most actual movies today.

Let me correct myself.

It's funny, how a fan-made trailer, to a currently non-existing movie is infinitely more awesome, than most actual movies for the last 10 years.

The Real Sandman

Oct 12, 2009
This would've been an awesome follow up to There Will Be Brawl.

Everything about it just had me bursting out laughing...well, say for Pikachu getting the shit kicked outa him :(

EDIT:
Ariene said:
I REALLLY don't understand what are in American's head
do you all really think this crap is cool?!
it's an insult to pokemon!
and you all think it's awsome? that Pikachu look like a FROG! what is Pikachu? it's an electric mouse, ?d?C?l! not a frog!
and who IS that old men? why are all the characters look SOO old in the trailer?
this thread really make me disappointed, when I first watched this trailer, I laughed, and thinking everyone will think it's ridiculous. but what I actually saw is people saying 'GOD DAMN THIS IS SO COOLL!'
now, I understanded one thing, that is ********************!
I'm pretty it's not just Americans who find this cool. This is a big site.

Anyway, go look up the phrase "parody".

Also, welcome to The Escapist!