Pokemon Global Link Goes Live, Offers Overpowered Pokemon

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
TimeLord said:
SpaceMedarotterX said:
TimeLord said:
I'm assuming that everything you just said still works for Nidoqueen? Snce it was a female Nidoran I got from DW.
With the exception of Crunch instead of Poison Jab (So no STAB but still Sheer Forced) exactly the same
Awesome, thanks for your help ;)
No problem, the Nidoran Family has long since been a favourite of mine and it's nice to see them getting their due.

Poor Farfetched though, poor poor useless farfetched.

I mean it wasn't bad enough it was the worst Flying/Normal in Gen 1, then Staraptor had to come along with Brave Bird and Close Combat.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
SpaceMedarotterX said:
TimeLord said:
SpaceMedarotterX said:
TimeLord said:
I'm assuming that everything you just said still works for Nidoqueen? Snce it was a female Nidoran I got from DW.
With the exception of Crunch instead of Poison Jab (So no STAB but still Sheer Forced) exactly the same
No problem, the Nidoran Family has long since been a favourite of mine and it's nice to see them getting their due.

I mean it wasn't bad enough it was the worst Flying/Normal in Gen 1, then Staraptor had to come along with Brave Bird and Close Combat.
Farfetch'd is an unfortunate dead end failure in the Pokemon world. Although he can learn Brave Bird though.

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
TimeLord said:
SpaceMedarotterX said:
TimeLord said:
SpaceMedarotterX said:
TimeLord said:

Farfetch'd is an unfortunate dead end failure in the Pokemon world. Although he can learn Brave Bird though.
Yes but Staraptor got RECKLESS as his Dream World ability.

Reckless increases the power of Recoil moves by 20% so is the Recoil but Staraptors MO is 'Die Fast as late as possible"

Then there's Braviary. Braviary is a beast with two different "Haha Fuck You" abilities. The first is Sheer Force which we covered, the second is his Dream World Ability Reliant.

See when a Stat is lowered Braviary GAINS 2 Attack, like a Free Swords Dance. It also naturally learns Super Power which is the Fighting equivilent of Overheat. So it uses Super Power, Loses 1 Defense and Gains 1 Attack.

the only thing stopping Braviary and Staraptor from being "OH GOD WAT" Overpowered is they are Normal Flying and not Fighting/Flying. And Braviary not learning Close Combat

If they were the latter.

STAB Close Combat/Brave Bird, and with the Latter GAINING a SWORDS DANCE EVERY TIME IT USED CLOSE COMBAT O GOD WAT.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
SpaceMedarotterX said:
TimeLord said:
SpaceMedarotterX said:
TimeLord said:
SpaceMedarotterX said:
TimeLord said:

Yes but Staraptor got RECKLESS as his Dream World ability.

Reckless increases the power of Recoil moves by 20% so is the Recoil but Staraptors MO is 'Die Fast as late as possible"

Then there's Braviary. Braviary is a beast with two different "Haha Fuck You" abilities. The first is Sheer Force which we covered, the second is his Dream World Ability Reliant.

See when a Stat is lowered Braviary GAINS 2 Attack, like a Free Swords Dance. It also naturally learns Super Power which is the Fighting equivilent of Overheat. So it uses Super Power, Loses 1 Defense and Gains 1 Attack.

the only thing stopping Braviary and Staraptor from being "OH GOD WAT" Overpowered is they are Normal Flying and not Fighting/Flying. And Braviary not learning Close Combat

If they were the latter.

STAB Close Combat/Brave Bird, and with the Latter GAINING a SWORDS DANCE EVERY TIME IT USED CLOSE COMBAT O GOD WAT.
Wow, I should really look deeper onto the mechanics of the game sometime. It seems that you could create a ridiculous team with knowledge like that!

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
TimeLord said:
Wow, I should really look deeper onto the mechanics of the game sometime. It seems that you could create a ridiculous team with knowledge like that!
Like the Funker said, Pokemon is DEEP. A lot of people don't think so but they have no idea. It's 6 Pokemon, all with these various abilities, then with all the different attacks they learn. AND your team has to have Synergy.

For example, Staraptor in Gen 4 served as my scout, I sent him out first, if he was weak to the enemy I would use U-Turn and get him back. In Gen 5 my scout is now Mienshao who gets Regenerator. Regenerator is another one of those abilities that with the pokemon it's on is AMAZINGLY BROKEN. See Regenerator is "When the pokemon is returned to the Pokeball, gain 33% of your HP back"

Mienshao learns U-Turn and I think your following the obvious abuse of Regenerator. Not only that but Mienshao looks badass and has 105 Base Speed. Which means it will most likely outspeed that magical Base 100 Speed that the OU Metagame looks for.

But remember Life Orb and it's "Recoil for Boosted Power"

So Mienshao uses U-Turn, hits with an attack that returns it to the Pokeball for Recoil, and is immediatly healed by Regenerator. And you can now send out a pokemon better suited to deal with the enemy.

Ipsen

Jul 8, 2008
Gawd, I want that Contrary Snivy...

EDIT:Just wanted to add one more poke with a ridiculous dream world ability...

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
I would love to hop onto the Dream World and all of its features and get new Pokemon, but unfortunately my account is bugged and has been processing my registration for over 24 hours now. Darn you and your technical ineptitude, Nintendo!

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
Ipsen said:

Snivy really benefitted the most out of the Unova starters.

Zhang Fei I mean Zhu Bajie I mean EMBOAR Got Reckless, not bad since it boosts Flare Blitz but the guy was really hurting for Sheer Force... and Better defenses.

See Emboars problem isn't that he's slow, that alone isn't enough to disqualify you for the OU, No Emboars problem is that he's a Worse Blaziken. He doesn't have enough defense to be a Tank, he doesn't have a high enough attack to be a Lightning Bruiser or a Glass Cannon. Infernape and Blaziken (With Speed Boost) just make him worthless, had he a higher defense to go with his high attack power, THEN he would be worth while (with Trick Room support)

And Samuwott got Shell Armor, which negates critical hits... which is utterly worthless for the guy who would have done a merry dance for Moxie or No Guard. Also added Fighting typing would have made it a heavy contended for top starter (Seriously the Fighting Type is like the perferct side dish, it is one of the best attacking types of the game for obvious reasons)

By comparison Serperior got it AWESOME

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
xyrafhoan said:
I would love to hop onto the Dream World and all of its features and get new Pokemon, but unfortunately my account is bugged and has been processing my registration for over 24 hours now. Darn you and your technical ineptitude, Nintendo!
same for me... game sync wont even work after taking 2 days to reacharge with a one day waiting period

Reshkar

"Face to Face"
May 18, 2010
Heart of Darkness said:
brodie21 said:
i dont know anything about pokemon, but how is 'drought' overpowered? i read the thing and apparently it just makes the game sunny. WTF?
Weather effects have certain effects on Pokemon and their movesets. Sun increases the power of fire-type moves, decreases the power of water-type moves, makes a move called SolarBeam (one of the strongest grass-type moves in the game) work in one turn instead of two, and drops the accuracy of a move called Thunder down to 50%. Since Ninetails is a Fire-type Pokemon, it gets a boost to the power of its Fire-type attacks (which it already receives a boost through Same Type Attack Bonuses), it nerfs one of its counters (Water-types) down to only about half-power, and it gains a much more reliable counter to its other weaknesses (SolarBeam covers Ninetail's Rock- and Ground- type weaknesses in addition to its Water-type weakness). Sun also allows Pokemon with the Chlorophyll ability to move twice as fast, but that's not something that concerns Ninetails.
And drizzle will increase thunder accuracy with 100%. That's why kyogre is so god damn OP in my opinion.

Zeldafan024

Nov 2, 2010
SpaceMedarotterX said:
Ipsen said:

Snivy really benefitted the most out of the Unova starters.

Zhang Fei I mean Zhu Bajie I mean EMBOAR Got Reckless, not bad since it boosts Flare Blitz but the guy was really hurting for Sheer Force... and Better defenses.

See Emboars problem isn't that he's slow, that alone isn't enough to disqualify you for the OU, No Emboars problem is that he's a Worse Blaziken. He doesn't have enough defense to be a Tank, he doesn't have a high enough attack to be a Lightning Bruiser or a Glass Cannon. Infernape and Blaziken (With Speed Boost) just make him worthless, had he a higher defense to go with his high attack power, THEN he would be worth while (with Trick Room support)

And Samuwott got Shell Armor, which negates critical hits... which is utterly worthless for the guy who would have done a merry dance for Moxie or No Guard. Also added Fighting typing would have made it a heavy contended for top starter (Seriously the Fighting Type is like the perferct side dish, it is one of the best attacking types of the game for obvious reasons)

By comparison Serperior got it AWESOME
Sorry if I'm intruding, but if you think about it... Surperior got it worse.

Flatter would lower it's special attack instead of raising it, nullifying its Leaf Storm boost it could get. And confusing it, giving it a really bad chance of success.

Swagger could do the same except with attack.

And an easy counter for the Blaziken with Speed Boost would be Emboar's support, Trick Room. Making Emboar better and faster than Blaziken. Along with the fact that Emboar can learn Scald to get rid of ground types as well as rock and fire types, Emboar can be an amazing Pokémon. Also learning Wild Charge could help with water types. Head Smash can also help with this. And if there's no Trick Room, then I'm sure Emboar's HP gives it enough to take a hit for you to use Flame Charge, raising your speed.

Eh who am I kidding? All of their Dream World abilities help and hinder them a lot.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Day one got a Ponyta for me. As one of my favorite Pokemon, I'm not complaining. Plus, Heat Body will be nice when I start hatching eggs.

Anyone know how to make friends lists work in the Dream World? I have a few friends in my Pal Pad in game, but I don't see any way to import those friends to the Dream Pals list. I want to be able to visit my friends and water their plants and stuff.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
Reshkar said:
Heart of Darkness said:
brodie21 said:
i dont know anything about pokemon, but how is 'drought' overpowered? i read the thing and apparently it just makes the game sunny. WTF?
Weather effects have certain effects on Pokemon and their movesets. Sun increases the power of fire-type moves, decreases the power of water-type moves, makes a move called SolarBeam (one of the strongest grass-type moves in the game) work in one turn instead of two, and drops the accuracy of a move called Thunder down to 50%. Since Ninetails is a Fire-type Pokemon, it gets a boost to the power of its Fire-type attacks (which it already receives a boost through Same Type Attack Bonuses), it nerfs one of its counters (Water-types) down to only about half-power, and it gains a much more reliable counter to its other weaknesses (SolarBeam covers Ninetail's Rock- and Ground- type weaknesses in addition to its Water-type weakness). Sun also allows Pokemon with the Chlorophyll ability to move twice as fast, but that's not something that concerns Ninetails.
And drizzle will increase thunder accuracy with 100%. That's why kyogre is so god damn OP in my opinion.

Kyogre IS god damn OP, it's been in the Uber tier for ever. This is the first time we've seen non-ubers with drought/drizzle. It's a game changer.

Mana Fiend

Jun 8, 2009
Really want to play this, but as my game won't connect to Nintendo's pointlessly-complex WFC system (my router's not the right type or something) I can't use it. Does anyone know a solution for this?

Mr. Cheese

Sep 29, 2009
Dream World pokemon have got shit on my Porygon 2. Duckings IV will destroy you with a level of resentment that only Satan himself can match, he will tear you apart with the force of a thousand burning suns and cast each part aside like a dirty rag.

Demoliboy2

Dec 21, 2009
You think DW is bad? You think Speed Boost blaziken is bad?

YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE NEW MEWTWO HAVEN'T YOU?

He got, finally, a signature move: Psycho break (japanese name). This is a 100 base pwoer moe (with stab, so 150) that fires off your special attack to the targets PHYSICAL DEFENCE. Coming off a 154 Base SpAttack, the highest apart from deoxys. Oh, and he gets nasty plot (boosts special attack by two stages), aura sphere (the best special fighting move) and ton of other moves for coverage. Oh, and he has 130 Speed and decent defences.

GG metagame

Heart of Darkness

The final days of His Trolliness
Jul 1, 2009
Reshkar said:
Heart of Darkness said:
brodie21 said:
Kyogre's the most broken Pokemon in the game because of Drizzle. He can practically solo any other Pokemon thrown against him. Especially considering his best counter ends up being Quagsire, of all Pokemon.

Pinstar

Jul 22, 2009
Oh don't complain about Drought Ninetales. She's been treading the mediocrity swamp for so long, it is about time they threw her a bone and let her compete with the other overpowered 'mons (Garchomp anyone?)

-Pinstar
Ninetales fan since Gen 1