Pokemon

N-Sef

Jun 21, 2008
Shivari post=9.71633.731918 said:
I have always said that if they made a PokeMMOn it would be the first and only MMO I would ever play.
You might be interested in Shin Megami Tensei: IMAGINE. It's an MMO game set in (obviously) the Megami Tensei universe. Each player can summon demon companions to fight for them, but the player can also fight along side them with swords and the like. It's only in Japanese though.

GenericWit

May 16, 2008
Rampage911 post=9.71633.731859 said:
And the game would be in no way repetitive, boring, or unatractive.
... Seriously? I'm a *huge* fan of the pokemon games (with I think the remakes of the originals like leafgreen being my favorites), and I think a lot of it is contributed to the fact that they're dumbed down RPGs. I don't think Pokemon games can exist without battles (repetitive and sometimes boring) and leveling (repetitive and sometimes boring again). I mean, I guess you have, like, "Hey You! Pikachu!" if that's the sort of game you're into...

Rampage911

Aug 14, 2008
GenericWit post=9.71633.732037 said:
... Seriously? I'm a *huge* fan of the pokemon games (with I think the remakes of the originals like leafgreen being my favorites), and I think a lot of it is contributed to the fact that they're dumbed down RPGs. I don't think Pokemon games can exist without battles (repetitive and sometimes boring) and leveling (repetitive and sometimes boring again). I mean, I guess you have, like, "Hey You! Pikachu!" if that's the sort of game you're into...
I was saying my ultimate pokemon game wouldn't be repetitive, there would be multiple gameplay styles for you to switch betweeen from.

GenericWit

May 16, 2008
Rampage911 post=9.71633.732043 said:
I was saying my ultimate pokemon game wouldn't be repetitive, there would be multiple gameplay styles for you to switch betweeen from.
You mean like going from repetitive leveling to a simulation where someone who may or may not look like you takes out the cartridge and replaces it with a similarly shaped one with a different colored label on it? :)

Rampage911

Aug 14, 2008
GenericWit post=9.71633.732058 said:
Rampage911 post=9.71633.732043 said:
You mean like going from repetitive leveling to a simulation where someone who may or may not look like you takes out the cartridge and replaces it with a similarly shaped one with a different colored label on it? :)
you may put it that way.....

Graustein

Jun 15, 2008
Indigo_Dingo post=9.71633.731924 said:
EmperorDude post=9.71633.731866 said:
Sounds like a truely epic game man. Too bad Nintendo will never do anything different with it. Same damn game released every 2 or so years, same pokemon roster with new names and looks, same hoeky small town start, and Team Rocket just gets a name change.
What I want to know is, where the hell was the all-powerful trainer you were controlling last time, and why doesn't he deal with Team Rocket? (Or whatever contrived and retarded gang/terrorist group you're fighting)
In Gold and Silver he was hiding in some desolate cave with his level 80 Pikachu

EternalNations

Sep 16, 2008
Keep in mind, Pokemon is controlled by a for-profit corporation that will not change the game much as long as it continues to sell well. Personally, I prefer it that way because I enjoy the games now and I even watch the tv show. Yes, I'm a total geek but I don't think I'm the only one who loves nostalgia.

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
Graustein post=9.71633.732081 said:
Sounds like a truely epic game man. Too bad Nintendo will never do anything different with it. Same damn game released every 2 or so years, same pokemon roster with new names and looks, same hoeky small town start, and Team Rocket just gets a name change.
What I want to know is, where the hell was the all-powerful trainer you were controlling last time, and why doesn't he deal with Team Rocket? (Or whatever contrived and retarded gang/terrorist group you're fighting)
In Gold and Silver he was hiding in some desolate cave with his level 80 Pikachu
well thats depressing....

M0rp43vs

Most Refined Escapist
Jul 4, 2008
A table top pokemon?
Can wait to see what the stupids will think about that
random arguement man(no relation to escapist forumite):"It's got DND and animal cruelty. be careful for they may use it to learn how to levitate and gamble on animal fights!!"

insectoid

Aug 19, 2008
Don't be hater, you know you love it. I do. Give me your ultimate pokemon game.

Mine would be a RPG/action/adventure. First off there would be a huge world with a thousand places to explore each one different than the one before it. And the story would be something epic and emotional. The gameplay would consist of the old battle system as well as a new live action where you control your pokemon, so dodges and misses aren't random. The game would be polished to a shine, no glitches or errors, the graphics would make MGS4 shudder. And the game would be in no way repetitive, boring, or unatractive.
That sounds like my kind of game!

I played pokemon so much when I was younger. I'm actually scared of getting any of the new ones in case I get hooked again...

Graustein

Jun 15, 2008
josh797 post=9.71633.732091 said:
Especially when you consider that the washed-out former champion, Blue (or Gary if you prefer the Anime canon), was Kanto's 8th Gym Leader while Red (Ash) is hiding in some cave.

Fire Daemon

Quoth the Daemon
Dec 18, 2007
Indigo_Dingo post=9.71633.732171 said:
Graustein post=9.71633.732160 said:
josh797 post=9.71633.732091 said:
Especially when you consider that the washed-out former champion, Blue (or Gary if you prefer the Anime canon), was Kanto's 8th Gym Leader while Red (Ash) is hiding in some cave.
I thought he was the Elite 4 champion. Where was he in the game?
Your thinking of Lance, the mysterious Dragon Master.

Man, I loved Crystal.

ThePlasmatizer

Sep 2, 2008
We all know Game Freak are reluctant to change anything about the Pokemon games, so I would suggest another monster catching game release from them that would be more like a Jrpg: it would have a good plot, bigger worlds and more player-npc interaction.

If they marketed it right there's no reason it couldn't be as big as Pokemon.

000Ronald

Mar 7, 2008
...An epic sort of Pokemon game might work, but you have to ask yourself a few questions.

1) How is it that Pokemon can do the things they do?

2) Why isn't there a police force to control certain things?

3) Why is it that there are only one of certain Pokemon in the world?

4) If there is only one, why isn't it illegal to catch and train it?

5) If some of these Pokemon are so awesomoely powerful, then why is it that they don't go on a rampage and destroy entire countries?

6) How big is Kanto, really?

7) Why don't wild Pokemon attack people? If they do, then how was the planet domesticated as well as it is?

8) How does a Pokeball work? How is it that you can make one out of an acorn shell?

9) If pokemon can do all these fantastic things, why can't people?

10) How would having extraordinarally powerful animals at your disposal change a general society?

If you couldn't tell, I've thought about this. Not really a lot, either; I just notice plotholes within plotholes.

Oh well. I stopped playing after crystal, so it's no biggie to me.

N-Sef

Jun 21, 2008
The_Logician19 post=9.71633.732248 said:
...An epic sort of Pokemon game might work, but you have to ask yourself a few questions.

1) How is it that Pokemon can do the things they do?

2) Why isn't there a police force to control certain things?

3) Why is it that there are only one of certain Pokemon in the world?

4) If there is only one, why isn't it illegal to catch and train it?

5) If some of these Pokemon are so awesomoely powerful, then why is it that they don't go on a rampage and destroy entire countries?

6) How big is Kanto, really?

7) Why don't wild Pokemon attack people? If they do, then how was the planet domesticated as well as it is?

8) How does a Pokeball work? How is it that you can make one out of an acorn shell?

9) If pokemon can do all these fantastic things, why can't people?

10) How would having extraordinarally powerful animals at your disposal change a general society?

If you couldn't tell, I've thought about this. Not really a lot, either; I just notice plotholes within plotholes.

Oh well. I stopped playing after crystal, so it's no biggie to me.
I think logic jumped overboard when kids are using highly advanced matter converters designed only to catch these pocket creatures.

DannyDamage

Aug 27, 2008
I always thought the nurse's in the Pokemon Centres were malicious hags. Upon leaving they'd say "We hope to see you again soon".

To me, this is like going to hospital, getting surgery, then as you're ready to leave the doctors start telling you they hope you get injured again soon. Maybe they're in charge of the organised crime to keep their centres running.

The other thing with the game is "THERE IS ALREADY A SAVE FILE, ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO SAVE OVER IT?" ......... of course I do you stupid game, there's only one fooking save slot you dumb shit! But, every time you got to save your game it asks you again and again.