Poll: Are you a Lurker?

Helmet

Could use a beer about now...
May 14, 2008
*Compares post count and join date*

Hah! I win, sucker!

And I tend to lurk because the majority of the time, whatever I have to say has already been said by at least one other person. If I don't feel I have anything to contribute to the conversation, I usually don't even bother.

runnerbelow

Feb 11, 2009
Country
Canada
Redlin5 said:
runnerbelow said:
WHOA! First time I've ever encountered the rare Runnerbelow!

[sub]I'd better get my Fastballs ready for action![/sub]

[sub][sub]Yes, it was the Pokemon reference.[/sub][/sub]
Hah! Beware my catch rate of 3!
My moveset is recover, roar, splash, and explosion, and I used pokesav to give myself Wonder Guard as an ability.

sune-ku

Cynical optimist
Mar 25, 2009
Yep, I'm a massive Lurker - I've been visiting the escapist frequently for nearly 3 years...

darth gditch

Dark Gamer of the Sith
Jun 3, 2009
Meh, sometimes. If I have nothing to add, I say nothing. But usually if I'm bothering to view the thread, I will post.

Admiral Stukov

I spill my drink!
Jul 1, 2009

Are you comparing me to this?

Oh you meant the other kind of lurker.
I lurk the SomethingAwful forums, and sometimes here when I simply can't be bothered to write something.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
I lurk far more often now than I did before.

After I post something, no matter how much time passes, I generally don't like to repeat it.

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
I lurk a lot less than i used to, sometimes i just can't be bothered to post and end up just lurking a couple of interesting threads

spiffleh

Jul 12, 2010
I am such a lurker. But for a class I have to join and participate in an online community then 'reflect upon my experience'. Thus the occasional responding to threads.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
runnerbelow said:
Redlin5 said:
runnerbelow said:
WHOA! First time I've ever encountered the rare Runnerbelow!

[sub]I'd better get my Fastballs ready for action![/sub]

[sub][sub]Yes, it was the Pokemon reference.[/sub][/sub]
Hah! Beware my catch rate of 3!
My moveset is recover, roar, splash, and explosion, and I used pokesav to give myself Wonder Guard as an ability.
OH SHI!!

Good thing I've been saving my Masterball!

thylasos

Aug 12, 2009
Well, I try not to comment redundantly, and don't arrive on the forum at times when new threads tend to be started, so my post count's not as high as it would be.

Always_Remain

Nov 23, 2009
Beltom said:
Always_Remain said:
Beltom said:
*Points at forum title*
I'm so good at lurking, I've managed to get a post count into the thousands, without anyone knowing who I am. :p
I actually started posting more often late 2009, so for most of that year I just lurked with this account.
You must be Future Dave then.
I'm afraid I'm either unaware or can't recall who that is.
It is both you. And I. IN HARMONY AS ONE! (dramatic cue)
rekabdarb said:
Always_Remain said:
So for the four people who can actually remember who I am, you probably know I'm a huuuuge Lurker. I hate it. So I'm trying to break out of the habit!

Enough about me though, what about you Escapees? How often do you Lurk? How do you feel about Lurking?
are you kidding?

i've been here for an extra year and i only have 200+ more posts

Edit: or 500... damn when did i get 1300?!
Well I didn't really lurk for the first 400 or so haha

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
I lurk occasionally, but I still post a healthy amount too. I used to lurk more, but I post pretty often now for some reason.

Canatrix

Feb 10, 2011
I was a long-time lurker (didn't even have an account on the forums) but after seeing a thread I wanted to give my own two cents on something. So now, I suppose I am not a lurker. I may go back to my corner though.