Poll: Body modifications?

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I have quite a few.

30 piercings and 7 tattoos. This is my latest one I got done 2 weeks ago Saturday, just for a laugh really.
It's from my mobile, and I took it from my Facebook, guess why it's so oddly small.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
ZehMadScientist said:
Nope, I'm just a boring natural. I've been thinking about getting a tatto though.

Also, as soon as mechanical enhancements a la Deus Ex: HR hit the markets, the pre-order button will be pressed to oblivion.
Agreed. I want robot arms!
OT: No, I don't have any and I don't really plan on it either. However, something like this would be really awesome:

DOOMGUY '93

Aug 15, 2011
Don't have any because right now i legally cant, but i will be getting a piercing and some tatoos here and there when i can and have the money

tokae

Mar 21, 2011
Hmm, my history with it, and the state now are quite different so I'll begin with a recap:
Piercings that I have had (and that are now removed):
Septum, 4mm.
Right Eyebrow (my right that is), had three.
Both ears: stretched to 12mm, both almost fully healed.
Left ear: Helix.
Right ear: Industrial.
Privates: Scrotum.
Nipples, both.
Lips: Labret, Snake-bite and Medusa, removed because I prioritize my beard and moustache.

Piercings have been removed because I didn't want them anymore, they were from a part of my life that I only want to forget and not be haunted by anymore.

Piercings that I still have:
Privates: Five-part Jacob's Ladder

Tattoos:
I have two memorials to dead friends (will be uploading pictures later tonight.)
And I have just started a Haida-project on my body. Did the outlines for an Orca Whale on my left calf a couple of hours ago. In three days it will be coloured and I will start on a Grizzly / Owl - full sleeve.

The piercing I still have is because.. Well, because! People get very interested I can tell you!
And my tattoos, as I said: two are memorials for dead friends. And my Haida-project is because I really enjoy the art-style and I find it really intriguing to paint.
It's nice to have friends that are tattoo-artists and piercers, so much cheaper!

Tyzamar

Apr 13, 2010
Avalanche91 said:
I do wear glasses, and if I could glasses like Adam's in Deus Ex I would.....Or a lot other deus ex-ish modifications.

Tattoos and such.....not my thing.
Yeah man. This is exactly what I was thinking. If I could have sunglasses built into my fucking head I totally would do that shit. Also I'm very surprised at the amount of people who said "none"

tokae

Mar 21, 2011
MassiveGeek said:
Anyway, I just got my first facial piercing ever, a septum. I don't plan on getting any other facial piercings for the moment, though I do want a tattoo right below my neck eventually.

That septum piercing fits you really well actually, ever thought of a Medusa? Looks like it would be very pretty on you.

Rodrigo Girao

May 13, 2011
I bet there's a ton of circumcised guys here who don't even realize that they had a body modification done on them without consent.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
10 tattoo's which I will continue adding to till the day I die
(I get a buzz from tattoo's)
My most recent

(no comments about gaming tat's I love em!)

Spacelord

May 7, 2008
Had an eyebrow piercing at one point, but the silly intern bint that set it failed to account for swelling. After a week or so, my eyebrow swelled up and the top bit of the bar sank into my eyebrow. Got ugly really quickly and took it out after a month or so. It was enough to turn me off body mods forever. :)

EDIT Escapists have some badass mods up in this *****!

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
I've got almost a full sleeve on my right arm (a complete half sleeve and then a forearm tattoo on the underside) that I plan on completing next may. I also have two tattoos on my calf.

I've had my septum done for 8 years now and I got it pierced with a 10 and stretched it to a 6.

I've toyed with the idea of gauging my ears, probably to about a 00, but no larger than that.

I think that Tattoos are awesome when they hold meaning for the person and are not trite (see also: "Hey, can you tattoo that random picture of the Tazmanian Devil on the wall onto my biscep? That'd be so cash")

I also loathe when scratchers come over, admire my work and then show me their horrible prison ink. Ugh.

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
Satsuki666 said:
Viirin said:
and also want to get a Jacob's Ladder (I'd describe it just in case my terminology is wrong but I don't wanna get banned).
But I dont know what that is and now I am really curious. I couldnt even find anything about it on google either.
I'll describe it just in case someone on the 7 + pages hasn't yet. And I'll be polite and respectful while doing it.

It's essentially a series of piercings that a male gets on their genitalia that resembles a ladder.

Now was that so hard :p

I knew a guy who had that done, it wasn't pleasant from what I heard... =/

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
Vicarious Reality said:
I shoved a hot knife into my leg once because i was bored
Does that count
Always. I mean, in essence that's how they do scarification. Why not?

Did you make a design?

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
CLEVERSLEAZOID said:
I have 5 piercings, and 6 tattoos at the moment. Currently planning on getting a half sleeve on my left arm in the theme of H.R Giger.

Yes, I'm pulling a silly face! Fairly drunk at a concert queue! The other 3 piercings are all ear piercings.

The Kanji on my right arm [between the Egyption hieroglyph and heart] is Nightmare, and the Kanji on my left arm is from the cover of a Dir en grey album, roughly translates as Devil's Funeral/Ghost of the Devil]

Just so you know, that's katakana not kanji :p
Naitomea (what you have in katakana on your arm) is still used in Japanese, but the native Japanese word for nightmare is akumu. Akumu is the one that would be in kanji.

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Two piercings that have most likely regrown by now, haven't had anything pierced in my ear for some years now. Want a tattoo but not 18 yet, but as soon as the 21st of April the 2012 rolls around I will get my first.

CthulhuMessiah

Apr 28, 2011
I got all my skin tattooed lime-green.

For srs, though, nothing with no plans in the future. If anything, I'd get chain links tattooed on my wrists (yes, this is a BioShock reference).

Mosesj

Sep 19, 2010
MassiveGeek said:
Been a while since I made a thread on here(and this has probably been made before but lol whatevs).

Anyway, I just got my first facial piercing ever, a septum. I don't plan on getting any other facial piercings for the moment, though I do want a tattoo right below my neck eventually.

So, Escapians, do you have any body modifications? Piercings, tattoos, whatever? Why/why not? And could you show the rest of us? :)

Here's mine:

looks pretty cool.

hmm, I'm going to have to get glasses, and I have a lot of scars on me. I'll get a tatoo one day

dracomanm

Nov 21, 2009
My right ear is pierced in the lobe and the top, other than that, no modifications. Thinking about tattoos, but nothing concrete