Poll: Can you outgrow videogames?

Kagim

Aug 26, 2009
Yes, because outgrowing something has nothing to do with maturity, simply that your interests have grown and video games just are not important to your new interests and hobbies.

So yeah, you can outgrow them. Just like you can outgrow anything.

Will I? Eventually. I have already decided to quit gaming till my child is 8-10 years old. If i still want to go back to the games once my child is older and doesn't need as much attention, kids do like to be left alone as they reach the teens, I will go back to them unless I have developed new interests that i now value to be more important.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
no, you can outgrow certain games and games you used to like no longer are but there will be other games that spark your interest

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
I guess some people can, but I never will.

I'll still be playing video games when I'm too old to move!

EDIT:

D Bones said:
My girlfriend judged me for buying an xbox 360 with my first paycheck from my first real job out of college.She told me that they were for "16 year olds".

So I dumped her ***** ass.
*High Five*

Death God

Jul 6, 2010
Never! Games will always be made for older audiences, therefore I will never get tired of them.

Arduras

Jul 14, 2009
its not really age that will make you outgrow videogames, its outside effects.
Joining the military for instance, really made me stop playing video games, mostly because being on duty or pulling the guts shift makes it impossible to find the spare time to play.
That and family life, etc. all have an effect on time spent playing...

So, I suppose this all comes with age, but age isn't the key factor

MadeinHell

Jun 18, 2009
Yes it's fairly easy.

Create a great vast network of legal hookers and tattoo advertisements on them (like with henna or other quickly disappearing kind of tattoo), people WILL use them and money for advertisements would be huge.

Feel free to use that idea.

Solemn Soup

Jul 27, 2010
No NEVER!!! Games last forever and so do thier viewers!! [sup][sup][sup][sub][sub][sub]that is if you're a true gamer[/sub][/sub][/sub][/sup][/sup][/sup]

V3x

Sep 15, 2010
Depends on how you define "outgrow". If you mean like "getting bored of" or "because it's childish" etc, I think that's just an excuse because there's some other reason behind. I highly doubt someone can outgrow video games in general for real ^^

Schreck157

Apr 14, 2009
Short answer: no.
Long answer: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

mikespoff

Oct 29, 2009
Tastes can change. But I think the medium is sufficiently broad that you can truly be a Gamer4Lyfe.

(yes, I know, that was terrible).

Omnific One

Apr 3, 2010
I doubt it. Maybe grow out of such a love of them, but not completely. I will still play Fallout 14 when it comes out.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
LegendaryGamer0 said:
You can never outgrow awesome.

I think every pokemon game should've ended with you kicking your previous character's ass.

OT: No that would be like saying you outgrew TV. Really? You find dark and gritty shows too kid friendly?

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
I think "outgrow" might be the wrong word.

While many do get seperated from gaming as they grow up I find it rather hard to believe people, who used to love gaming, grow a strong disliking for it just like that.

One problem might be that since games are a growing medium it gets harder to get back into if you've been "gone" for a couple years.