Poll: Do You Date?

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
I date. I'm actually going on a date tonight. It should go well, I've been out with this girl before and she's super fun.

GabeZhul

Mar 8, 2012
Forever alone! By choice! \(^ ^)/

Yes, I am actually serious about that. I am 23, comparatively good looking (I would give my looks a solid 7/10), friendly, helpful, intelligent (and very humble :p) and, most importantly, absolutely uninterested in romantic relationships to the point where people even thought I was gay.

To be honest, I find the entire idea of "dating" kinda annoying, especially since so many people around me still has this mentality where "getting a girlfriend" is not about trying to find a person you mesh with and with whom you would be comfortable sharing your life but as some sort of social trophy that you must be striving for 24/7 or you are abnormal... Thanks, but no thanks. -.-

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
Colour Scientist said:
Apparently, no one wants to date me!
I'll swing by next time I'm in Ireland. I could use someone to show me the sights anyhow.

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
Nope. I've never ever been on a date in the first place. I'm on the fence about dating, anyway. I mean, if I could find someone perfect to date, then I would, but otherwise I think I'll stay single. Like it or not, my standards are quite high, perhaps even unrealistic. However, I'd rather be alone than with someone and unsatisfied, y'know? If I'm unsatisfied with a relationship because of my own idea of what it should be like, it's not fair for the person I'm with to have to deal with it, either. Compromising is a bit of an issue for me, as well; if I could just compromise my idea of what a relationship should be, then I would have already. Lowering my standards, especially for something like this, isn't as easy as it sounds. Besides, I don't want a "good enough" relationship. That wouldn't be fair, either; no one likes being second best, or third best, or simply just "good enough", and just being "good enough" would mean that my partner would take a back seat to my own fantasies.

TL;DR: I've never dated. If I find someone who fits my criteria, I'd date them, but I'd rather be single than compromise my standards or impose my standards on others.

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
Yeah, I used to. I've been on dinner dates, movie dates, hell I even went on a scuba diving date once. Now that I'm a divorcee though, I have very little to do with women, and dating is certainly not a thing I'm interested in any more.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
23 years old, never been kissed or on a date. I've tried asking women out but it just doesn't work.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
No. I wouldn't know how to go about doing that if my life depended on it. So yeah put me down for Forever Alone.

stormeris

Aug 29, 2011
Never have.
Probably never will.

I'M SO ALONE
Captcha: he loves her, DAMNIT CAPTCHA, LEAVE ME ALONE!!

BQE

Posh Villainess
Jun 17, 2013
Such a delightful of variety of specimens we have here!

Don't worry, I'd love to study/interrogate/dissect each and every one of you!

Such a high proportion of abnormality warrants at least some inquiry. I'd wager that each and every one of that has forsaken relationships has a different story to tell, and I would love to hear it. I have earnest interest in putting research into this phenomenon, particularly when there is such a high degree of commonality between the subjects of interest.

So come, put your faith in BQE and we can do so can do so much science together.

[sub]*sinister eye twinkle*[/sub]

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Funnily enough i've never used a date as a means to initiate a relationship. Only times i've been on what you'd normally call a "date" it's been with a girl i was already in a relationship with. I've more used dates as a relationship reinforcer, really.

obstructor

Mar 15, 2011
I went on one date, while I was in High School it was some dance. It was sort-of fun but not really anything particularly special. I am not very good at social niceties and would sooner do without. So until I get so lonely that I must find a significant other, I am just going to live my life happily forever alone.

I have far more important things to do before I can even think about a relationship, and casual dating sounds pointless and expensive.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Never been on a real date at all. I've had a couple long-distance relationships that I barely count as relationships. I'm certainly not in a hurry to date anyone, but if an opportunity presents itself I'll probably take it. Still enough hope in me to believe there's someone out there willing to put up with me.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
My idea of picking up girls in punching them is the leg and telling them they're smelly.

Hey! It worked for 15 year old me!
I should try that. Last time I tried to pick up a girl I damn near broke my back and stuff.

OT; I don't date, no. I see it as a bit of a waste of time currently. My priorities are elsewhere, basically. I used to, though. Sometimes it was fun. Sometimes it was not as fun.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I've never been on a single date. I've had two relationships worth noting so far. Both started very differently.

Gah, I don't know if I'm a person dating would work for. I don't like formulaic social interactions.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
Not one date. Not one relationship. Not even a first kiss.
So no.
I've got vidya gamez and this more attractive then life dog to fill the void.

That and I'm much more concerned with finishing community college at the moment. I have no time for beautiful wenches, maybe i'll find my type at my eventual 4 years in art school and take her somewhere nice, until then i'm going lone wolf.

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
Nope, and that's completely fine with me. Dating culture hardly exists over here, meaning that if I and another person like each others, we don't have to dance through a set of arbitrary rules before we conclude whether or not we want to pursue a further relationship. We just go with it. Way less complicated that way.

Me and my current girlfriend used about twelve seconds to figure out that "okay, these drunk makeouts aren't just because we're drunk", and things have mostly worked out great. Yay, go us. :3