Poll: Favorite Foreign Language

yuniesan

Dec 24, 2010
Japanese and Korean mainly because I like the TV Drama's from those countries and I'm getting sick of reading subtitles so I would like to learn them.
And Italian mainly because I played Assassin's Creed 2 one to many times and think that when Ezio speaks it's the most romantic thing in the world.

NovaCascade

Oct 2, 2010
Fleischer said:
Finnish!!! There's a reason why Tolkien based the Elvish languages off Finnish: it's flow and usage of gentle vowel sounds make it so appealing to listen to.
Finally!! Someone else who agrees with me. Finnish is an amazing language, I really want to learn how to speak it. I first came across it on YouTube when I found a few users who had posted subbed versions of old Disney songs and I thought the Finnish versions sounded better than the English originals.

Adam Galli

Nov 26, 2010
I like German because I'm of German desent, but I honestly think that Arabic is an interesting language. I hope to become fully fulent in both German and Arabic.

TonyVonTonyus

Dec 4, 2010
Italian because I can speak it and other people who AREN'T Italian don't understand it and Icelandic, why? Because I like Vikings...

Varanfan9

Mar 12, 2010
Latin Because it is a language built around violence. There is like 50 different words for kill.

Sep 14, 2009
well i've taken a few years of german

so

Ich spreche deutsch.

alas, russian would be awesome to learn, although i don't want to have to go through all the time of learning all the new letters and whatnot..

so i'll just stick to english and german.

i do know a few spanish phrases though..i've been getting highly annoyed lately with all the spanish only citizens we have around here and its ridiculously hard to communicate with someone who doesn't know a single thing of English.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
your poll is sucks. russian, german, russian or german!? then 3 very unpopular ones. this topic really should not use a poll

there are too many large ones to list.

OT: italian.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Russian's a terrible language. Don't get fooled. It has many terrible grammar rules that no one likes.

Don't fall for it sounding awesome.

OT: English, I'm guessing?

It's foreign for me, alright.

Romidude

Aug 3, 2010
Tie between Russian and French, mostly because I can speak French fluently and am learning Russian.

Skobvs

Nov 26, 2009
German for its ease of use, and that as a language, it makes sense, especially if you are learning it, but I do love the sound of Russian..

BeepBoopBrother

Jan 26, 2011
I picked Arabic.
It's the most useful thing for career I'm choosing, and it sounds like nothing else.
Well, besides Swahili like someone said.