Poll: Guys: would you give up your seat on the last lifeboat to women and children?

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
No.
I enjoy my life and I would not give away my candy to a stranger, much less my life.
And why is there no option for women to give their life for men?

Buschmaki

Apr 16, 2009
I'd say no, but it probably wouldn't happen to me as I would probably choose to sit in the seat farthest from the ship. And if after I refused someone started whining about chivalry I'd just say, "That's a good point, now get the hell out Sir Dumbass."

X10J

May 15, 2010
Yes*

*I'd probably give it to a man as well, but that wasn't mentioned.**

** >_>

metacree

Aug 3, 2009
The Rogue in me says to let them all die in the murky depths and take the life boat, but the Paladin in me says save everyone and Smite the Ocean.

lumenadducere

May 19, 2008
I don't think the men back then gave their seats up for the women and children, I think it was more "women and children first" onto the lifeboats, with men having last priority. Unless you were a man of status or something.

As for me, I think I'd give up my seat for a child...but probably not a woman. Well, not most women. A mother, maybe, depending on how old her children are.

Hader

Jul 7, 2010
Out of the fact I'm probably too nice a guy to say no. But I feel no obligation to based on my gender. I think just about anyone would for a child though.

TBH though, I probably wouldn't be someone waiting to get on a lifeboat in the first place. I'd probably be doing something helpful. Maybe stupid and dangerous, but helpful to others on-board.

Con Carne

Nov 12, 2009
I would give it up, for both women and children. I have the moral dilemma of whether I'd do it unconditionally. For instance, what if a woman was a complete C*** ? I'd consider letting her go down with the ship, but I'd probably give in and give her my spot anyway.

Tsunimo

Nov 19, 2009
Women? No. As previously mentioned, you want equal rights, you got.
Child? No. They could just sit on someones lap.
Besides, I like living a tad too much.