Poll: Has a game made you cry?

DRTJR

Aug 7, 2009
The rescue mission of the Exalt Emmeryn in Fire Emblem Awakening.

The death of Legion in Mass Effect 3 and the ensuing peace between Geth and Quarians.

The end of the Wind Waker.

they make me cry every time I reach that point in those games.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
I have a little weep all the time. I enjoy it and it makes me feel more immersed in what's happening. I like to think of them as man tears/

Most recent one was when I played Katawa Shoujo, I adore that game. I had finished Hanako's story arc getting the good ending and it was so touching I had good cry. Listen to this for a sad song...

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Now I'm not a crier to begin with and I've gotten speechless over some game endings.

But I'm not gonna lie, The Walking Dead made me cry a few tears.

That ending. ;_;
Same here. It took me an hour to cheer myself back up to normal.

Hmm...

Before that...

Planescape: Torment came pretty damn close.

The entire game in that case though.

MrRaggaedeman

Nov 18, 2009
I shed a tear at the end of Bastion.
I decided to save Zulf. His background story was just to sad to just leave him there to be killed by the Ura. Carrying him through the onslaught was sad. But then the Ura just stopped attacking and just stood there and watched as I was trying to get him somewhere safe.
But the worst part was when one of the Ura attacked once again and got killed of by a supirior. And just to make things worse:
Zulfs theme.

ShipofFools

Apr 21, 2013
Terranigma on the SNES.
I was fine through most of it, sad and depressing though it may be, but I lost it when the game ended. I've never seen anything like that game before or since, and it's special to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPe7NFns0g4

caselj01

Jun 8, 2010
I teared up a bit in Mass Effect 2, and it wasn't even from sadness, or from anyone dying. It happened after you crash land on the collector ship at the end, and your crew follows you out of the hatch one by one. To think that my team would follow me to the ends of the universe like that, I'm not worthy of such an honour.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
When I was younger, I managed to beat Final Fantasy X 3 times and every damn time during the ending I shed a tear. I think it was mostly the music and that Yuna is my favorute female character ever.

Also, Walking dead, Persona 4 and To the moon made me feel this feeling in your chest area when you are about to cry, although I didn't.

Oh, wait, almost forgot: Mass Effect 3. Mordin's death. Goodbye our favorite scientist salarian.

vid87

May 17, 2010
Being unoriginal, but FF7 Aerith - kudos to Nobuo Uematsu for the perfect marriage of an iconic scene with such a personal song. Also, same game but different approach - right after the botched execution scene when you get the Highwind to search for Cloud. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing and was just flying around, all while the giant Meteor ball-o-death and the doomsday music was constantly in my face. Truthfully, it freaked me out after a while and I couldn't play anymore, which I'm somewhat thankful for because the next events weren't going to be any better for me being as on edge as I already was: possibly wiping out Barrett's home with a train; watching a mother condor die; Ultimate Weapon, Mideel's destruction and...whatever acid trip Cloud was on.

Also, the Kingdom Hearts 2 ending - not just that it was sweet and heartfelt, but because it was actually surprising that they made good on the promise from the end of KH1.

Everyone is reunited and comes home, but with more friends, yay!

Matt Dellar

Jun 26, 2011
Bastion, just before the ending.
Saving Zulf. In all my playthroughs, I've never let him die despite resolving to see all the story branches.

And again, just after the final decision.
If you move on, Rucks never gets to see the world he loved again. If you restore Caelondia, you deny Zia a happy life forever. No matter what you pick, you hurt someone you love.

An odd moment in Grand Theft Auto IV near the beginning.
As Niko and Roman flee Alderney, Roman begs Niko to go back to his apartment. When they get there, though, the apartment is burning. As they drive away, Roman tells Niko that he'd left a ring for his girlfriend in there.
I liked GTA IV's writing, but that was the only part that actually got me emotionally invested. That and
sparing the traitor Niko had been searching for the entire game
, but the latter just made me smile.

VajraDante

Apr 9, 2013
The dlc ending of Asura's Wrath, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 ending, Okami ending and the Walking Dead.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
MGS3.

Such a badass ending!

the way the boss just gets made out to be a pure traitorous *****, she kicks the shit out of you 3 or 4 times then BAM! She was the ultimate scape goat, getting her country out of the shit and dying a hero but nobody except a handful of people will ever know the true story!

Worst of all is you execute her, the game forces you to be the one to put a bullet in your mother figure/mentor/legend

There was a welling tear at that end.

Captcha: Stony-heated. How does it know!?

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Golden Sun, after one of my little brothers friends saved over my almost finished game file after playing it once for 10 minutes without asking. I was already having a bad day and knowing everything I put into the game was gone because some punk wanted to save a game he would never play again got to me.

I can't think of any actual story pieces for a game that brought me to actual tears, even when I get sad I rarely actually cry from it.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Mass Effect 3 and inFAMOUS 2 (Evil Ending)

I was a mess for quite a while after those

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Bioshock 2 made me cry. That might shock the people who look down on Bioshock 2, I liked it as much as the first game.

It's wierd how I empathise so much with a Big Daddy compared to a normal human being. The ending I got the first time, I suppose was what frustrated me the most. Not that it was bad, just upsetting.

Professor James said:
I couldn't believe it but one of the endings of bioshock 2 made me cry.
And I thought I was the only one to see that game as emotionally poignant! Sometimes I get the feeling people would rather not acknowledge it's existence.

Requia said:
Mass Effect 3, when I had to deliver the poem a dead Krogan write for his Asari girlfriend.
You make we want to play ME3 for those feels, now.

KrossBillNye

Jan 25, 2010
Wow no one?

Well so far the most memorable game I played that tugged on my heart strings was the Intro to Chrono Cross.

Those of you who probably played through out the game might understand as to why at 1:50 in the opening intro to the game. Of course first play through it looks normal.

But when I finished the game, then did a new game +, and when that violin music kicks in into that slow melody. I shed man tears.

MrRaggaedeman

Nov 18, 2009
putowtin said:
inFAMOUS 2 (Evil Ending)
Totally forgot this one. Not the ending itself but what you had to do in order to achieve it.

Killing Zeke was really hard and I felt like a bastard afterwards

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
yup, the ones I remember now:
Lost Odyssey
Valkyrie Chronicles

In both cases it was a similar situation, the lost of someone close. In Valkyrie Chronicles also the ending.