Poll: How Happy Are You Being Single?

IntangibleMango

Jul 5, 2009
I'm perfectly content being single to be honest, I wouldn't say happy, but definitely content. So much more free time when you're single :)

Flight

Mar 13, 2010
I'd say I'm very happy with being single. Romance and the like has never really interested me, though I wouldn't turn it down if it came to the right person. However, I'm not the type to go "looking for love", so I'm content to leave things just the way they are.

Hap2

May 26, 2010
I'd like to find a significant other someday. I'm asexual, so it's not easy finding others who share a lack of interest in sex, and aren't attracted in a sexual manner. Just someone to share my life with, not merely a friend, but someone I can't imagine myself without, and can cuddle/hug. I'm okay right now, but I don't think I can stand being single forever.

Colonel Joson

Apr 20, 2008
Very happy, so very very happy. I consider romance to be pointless for me at my current stage of life. I have no desire for a girlfriend, or sex, or any of that touchy kissy stuff. I've been single for 18 years now, and thats the way it'll stay.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Happy, there is so much that is lost when you are in a relationship, the freedom, the chances, god, even the swagger! Just because you are single doesn't mean you can't get any love, it just varies in its permanence, if you are upset about being single because you are on a dry streak, don't be mad about being single, be mad that you can't seem to get any, being in a relationship is an odd fix to that problem. No offense either way, honestly.

Maybe I'm wrong though, maybe you are just lonely and are looking for connection and if that is the case than I'm sorry and I wish you good luck in finding a special connection. Personally I like being single, I like being able to do what I want when I want, to stand in a corner at a party and oversee the situation, looking for where to dive in, as opposed to having a girl glued to my hip the entire time. If I need someone to talk to, I've got friends and family for that. I'm not ready for a serious commitment, I'm a young guy, when I find HER, I'll know I'm ready. Until then, SINGLE, single, single, single. It can be just fine, in fact great, if you have the right mentality about it. Just try to enjoy life more, every aspect of it.

Apr 24, 2008
Other than when people point it out to me that I'm perpetually single, I don't care enough to give it much thought.

I guess I would like the companionship and solidarity, but I'm not the kind to actually make plans for the future. I'm a hopeless, happy-go-lucky idiot. Luckily, things tend to work out for me.

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
I seriously don't need a girlfriend right now because I need to apply myself to school if I want to go to college. I also can't drive and I don't have a job, so my money is gonna be for my use and person only.

Apparently there's something wrong by being a 17 year old virgin in my senior year, so until sex is no longer a central aspect in a relationship, I'm not looking for one. I am also the oldest and only male sibling in my family. So, already having three younger sisters that have little respect for me, or think that I'm all fun and games, I don't see the need to add another woman in my life.

Other than that, I have never had a girlfriend and I'm pretty sure that I would be at the bottom of a girls list of acceptable dates and last minute dates.

Also, crab legs are fucking awesome. I'm hungry now so I'll go kill one of the mutant crabs knocking on my door.

C F

Jan 10, 2012
I'm happy being single. I'm very happy. It won't always be like this, but for now I'm flying solo. And at this time, there's no other way I'd have it. I've got my entire life to stumble upon this thing called "romance".

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
Happy. I don't ever think of asking a girl out; I just don't care. I have no motivation to be in a relationship.

Cpu46

Gloria ex machina
Sep 21, 2009
Almost 21 and never been in a relationship past friend. All of my female friends are taken or otherwise unavailable, I have met a total of one available girl who shares my interests, and I have a crushing fear of attention. I hope one day I can meet someone but for now I am content.

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
I've never really been in a relationship and have always rather been content being by myself however recently I've been unhappy. My unhappiness is more the result of having a bad cold and not being able to find a job than not being in a relationship.

bowserboy26578

Oct 23, 2008
I'm single and while I'm not exactly happy with it, I'm rather content. I prefer it the way it is for now. Just feel like it's for the best. I leave for college soon, and if I started a relationship, I'd only be leaving them behind, and god knows long distance relationships rarely work. I kind of feel like it's better to stay alone for now instead of hurting someone else later on.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
I'm pretty happy most of the time, although I do prefer to be with somebody : \

*forever alone*

J4RD

I didn't pay for this?
Jan 4, 2010
MidnightCat said:
I'm single and I'm happy.
Am I happy to be single? Meh.
On one hand, it would be nice to have someone. On the other hand, now isn't a good time for me to be in a relationship, I don't know anyone I'd like to be in one with, and I wouldn't bloody know what to do if I was in one.
I'd like to say that I'm happy to be single, but I've never experienced the alternative. Perhaps I'm actually terribly lonely and I'm just deluding myself.
Couldn't have said it better myself. As far as relationship experience goes, I'm behind the curve for my dating pool. That said, however, there's no one I'd really like to change that with in my life at the moment, and I'm not too terribly upset about it.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Single and fairly neutral here. My life is good and I wouldn't say that I'm unhappy just because I don't have a girlfriend, but yes I would like to find someone and I do enjoy being in relationships.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
...Id like to say yes....but in reality.

Fuck no. This being single thing surrounded by happy couples is horrible.

Setrus

Oct 17, 2011
Well...there are times I wished I had someone special in my life, then again I'm sure those that do have such a person sometimes wish to be single or simply alone for a while...

So no, not at all unhappy, then again, being happy or unhappy isn't something that's a fixed condition...

JayElleBee

Jul 9, 2010
I recently broke up with my girlfriend and yeah, I am happy to be single. Not because I get to sleep around now or anything, because I don't. I just didn't enjoy the pressure of being in a relationship. I'm not a lovey-dovey kind of girl, and I don't really have any interest in sex, and relationships seem to focus heavily on both of those things. So yeah, I'm pretty happy to be single.