Poll: How Happy Are You Being Single?

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
Yeah I'm fine with it. My last girlfriend was kind of insane, so at least I don't have to deal with her calling me up and telling me she wishes she were dead and stuff. I do miss the sex, though...

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
Well, being single has its pros and cons.

You can focus on your work more, but at the same time, you have no one to focus on, on your spare time.
You will have more money as being in a relationship can be costly, but you'll have no one to share it with.
When you laugh, there's no one to hear. When you cry, there's no one to comfort you. If you want sex, you've only got one option, and that is fapping. (Or rubbing if you are of the opposite sex)

Whichever is more important should decide whether you're happier being single than being in a relationship.Currently I'm single, but that is nothing I can work on; I am charming, handsome and intelligent, but you don't see any line of women queuing after me; nor could I ever make one on my own. The only people I've actually felt connection to have been across the Internet, and that never works out; unless you're that smug couple on the newspaper with the headlines of "LOVE CONQUERS EVERYTHING!" (Personally I just want to beat them in the face)

It would be nice if I could have a significant other to share my awesomeness with, but that is not to be. So, I am left to my own demises, and so far I have improved, improved and improved myself with a lot of challenges, turning me into a greater person; something I could never had achieved, or even noticed the potential, had I been in a relationship.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
I'm pretty indifferent towards the whole relationship thing.
I don't feel like I could manage a relationship at the moment anyways.

Dragon_Nexus

Jul 17, 2008
It's more that I'm reserved to the fact I'd most likely make a terrible boyfriend, so I'm not even bothering.

StarsintheBlood

Oct 12, 2010
I'm genuinely happy being single. I don't want a relationship unless it'll be a quality one, and at 17 my work is probably a wiser investment. I'm also aesexual, so physical intimacy isn't something I'm missing.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Vault101 said:
I dont like the OP's thing where he is essentially saying that single people arnt really happy

I AM

I like to be able to do my own thing and not worry about somone else, I mean mostof the stuff i Like to do is solitary, also romantic crap pisses me off to no end (what is it with holding hands? its stuoid and awkward and makes you look stupid in public)

though there are times I wish I could make that kind of conection with somone..but I wonder if thats what I really want, its not somthing Im worred or freaking out over, I'm fine right now

[sub] though this sex drive thing is getting hard to ignore [/sub]
This guy speaks the truth, in the words of most "gangster" rappers: "fuck bitches, get money". Too bad I'm barely doing either of em...

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Slayer_2 said:
Vault101 said:
I dont like the OP's thing where he is essentially saying that single people arnt really happy

I AM

I like to be able to do my own thing and not worry about somone else, I mean mostof the stuff i Like to do is solitary, also romantic crap pisses me off to no end (what is it with holding hands? its stuoid and awkward and makes you look stupid in public)

though there are times I wish I could make that kind of conection with somone..but I wonder if thats what I really want, its not somthing Im worred or freaking out over, I'm fine right now

This guy speaks the truth, in the words of most "gangster" rappers: "fuck bitches, get money". Too bad I'm barely doing either of em...
Girl..but yeah

"I got 99 problems and a ***** ain't one" ;P

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Vault101 said:
Slayer_2 said:
Vault101 said:

I AM

Girl..but yeah

Didn't know females could be wired that way... Epic.

Or the other version, swaps "*****" out for "dick".

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Slayer_2 said:
Vault101 said:
Slayer_2 said:
Vault101 said:
]
Girl..but yeah

*shruug* there are exceptions to every rule (I dont mean that in a special snowflake in anyway, Im hardly that) feminine "Ideas" have just always baffled me

and yeah, good Adjustment..though I think guys can be "bitches" somtimes as well :p

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Vault101 said:
Slayer_2 said:
Vault101 said:
Slayer_2 said:
Vault101 said:
]
Girl..but yeah

*shruug* there are exceptions to every rule (I dont mean that in a special snowflake in anyway, Im hardly that) feminine "Ideas" have just always baffled me

and yeah, good Adjustment..though I think guys can be "bitches" somtimes as well :p
Of course I've met a few girls that try to play the "not interested in mushy crap" card, usually it's just a poor bluff, though. Most of the time there is some guy they want, but he's too oblivious (or, rarely, not interested).

I'm not that creative, it's an actual song, gave me a laugh. Guys can be bitches, but usually in gangster rap, "*****" is the term for "female" :p

Off topic: Do you game Fallout 3 on PC? (I'm assuming you play it from your name).

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
In my opinion crab legs are pretty over rated.
If by crab legs you mean relationships.

I don't like "playing" dating. Because dating is a game, and I can prove it. On my first date the first thing the girl said to me was "You didn't shave?" and I said "You don't like my beard?" she said "That's not the point." So dating has arbitrary rules that are independent of human emotion (Like the guy always pays and you compliment her shoes and such)

But I have a lot of female friends. (Yes actual female friends) Upon reflection,knowing that it is possible for a girl to act like a real living breathing human being with feelings and empathy while they are around a guy is probably why I can't put up with the psychotic ***** form women take when they get in relationships (Disclaimer: I am not talking about you so shut up) So I'm pretty happy being single.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Slayer_2 said:
Vault101 said:
Slayer_2 said:
Vault101 said:
Slayer_2 said:
Vault101 said:
]
Girl..but yeah

Of course I've met a few girls that try to play the "not interested in mushy crap" card, usually it's just a poor bluff, though. Most of the time there is some guy they want, but he's too oblivious (or, rarely, not interested).

I'm not that creative, it's an actual song, gave me a laugh. Guys can be bitches, but usually in gangster rap, "*****" is the term for "female" :p

Off topic: Do you game Fallout 3 on PC? (I'm assuming you play it from your name).
interesting, perhaps I just havnt met the kind of guy to "bring out the romantic within"..but then again I think still dont like it (again holding hands/public displays of affection, it feels so exhibitionist..and I just dont like holding hands...my last relationship was almost a hilarious role-reversal when it came to the romantic stuff)

and I know..Ive heard my fair share of gangsta rap

anyway yes, I have played fallout 3...and yes again I did play it on the PC...good game

Andalusa

Mad Cat Lady
Feb 25, 2008
I was quite happy when I was single, probably because I'd never been in a relationship before, but I was happy. I'm not sure how differently I would feel if my boyfriend and I ever broke up. Maybe I would be a bit less happy about it because I'm a lot happier now when I'm in a relationship and i would know what I'm missing. Not to say i would be in a relationship for the sake of it, just so that I'm not single. The person I'm dating would have to make me happy about being in a relationship.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
Vault101 said:
Slayer_2 said:
Vault101 said:
Slayer_2 said:
Vault101 said:
Slayer_2 said:
Vault101 said:
]
Girl..but yeah

interesting, perhaps I just havnt met the kind of guy to "bring out the romantic within"..but then again I think still dont like it (again holding hands/public displays of affection, it feels so exhibitionist..and I just dont like holding hands...my last relationship was almost a hilarious role-reversal when it came to the romantic stuff)

anyway yes, I have played fallout 3...and yes again I did play it on the PC...good game
Yeah, I suspect I've met the girl that might get me to retry relationships (my previous two have been huge fails, since I gave them less attention than my friends). I still refuse to degrade myself by looking like a mushy pansy, though. Even if I get back in the game, I'm gonna reserve some dignity.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. (Applies to most multiplayer shooter games.)

You ever run any mods?

FaceFaceFace

Nov 18, 2009
I said "unhappy," but that's not necessarily how I feel about being single in general, it's just that I'm currently so close (and yet so far) to being in a relationship with someone I really like, so I'm obvious pretty unhappy about not being in said relationship.

I'd probably vote unhappy anyway, though. I need the companionship.

Mikeyfell said:
I don't like "playing" dating. Because dating is a game, and I can prove it. On my first date the first thing the girl said to me was "You didn't shave?" and I said "You don't like my beard?" she said "That's not the point." So dating has arbitrary rules that are independent of human emotion (Like the guy always pays and you compliment her shoes and such)

But I have a lot of female friends. (Yes actual female friends) Upon reflection,knowing that it is possible for a girl to act like a real living breathing human being with feelings and empathy while they are around a guy is probably why I can't put up with the psychotic ***** form women take when they get in relationships (Disclaimer: I am not talking about you so shut up) So I'm pretty happy being single.
This is why I've never "dated," even though I've been in three relatively long-term relationships. I only date people I get to know decently well first and every time its just sort of gone, "Well we want to be in a relationship now, right?" without any sort of "first date." And they've never get away with not paying their half =P

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Slayer_2 said:
Vault101 said:
Slayer_2 said:
Vault101 said:
Slayer_2 said:
Vault101 said:
Slayer_2 said:
Vault101 said:
]
Girl..but yeah

Yeah, I suspect I've met the girl that might get me to retry relationships (my previous two have been huge fails, since I gave them less attention than my friends). I still refuse to degrade myself by looking like a mushy pansy, though. Even if I get back in the game, I'm gonna reserve some dignity.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. (Applies to most multiplayer shooter games.)

You ever run any mods?
I think it probably is a bit harder for guys with the hole "dating" thing (then again I dont know much)

this might sound strange but no, I dont have much interest in mods, (not only because I havnt quite worked them out) but because I figure Vanilla game should be enough for me, and thease days its not often I have nothing to play so I move on to the next

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
TheDarkEricDraven said:
Not well. Not. Well. At all. I'm really messed up over this girl I'm in love with who I really want to fuck the hell out of have a deep relationship with. She has a boyfriend, though, and we have barely talked before.

Make your move. If she rejects you, find another one. Best case scenario, she sees you in a new light and you get her. Worst case scenario, you just have another girl.