Poll: How happy (or unhappy) are you with your relationship status?

nerdmeat

Jan 7, 2011
We've been going out for almost 6 months now. It's my first "serious" relationship and me and my boyfriend are very happy with it. Altho, I clicked "Happy" instead of "Very Happy" since, as of late we've been having some extra headaches due to financial issues. We'll get over it eventually. :>

Udyrfrykte

Jun 16, 2008
Taken and very happy.

Moved in with my girlfriend last summer. Haven't been happier in my entire life.
Couldn't (and still can't) believe that all I needed was a proper girlfriend, not screwing about.
I was often times in a bad mood, but ever since my current relationship matured it's been rather unreal how content I've been.

Of course, sometimes I wish I had my "freedom" (sex with whoever I can get sex with), but you can't have everything. She's an extremely cool girl about everything, so she doesn't nag me.

Best of luck to you guys/gals that have trouble finding a good relationship, hope you become as happy as me eventually.

Apr 29, 2010
Well, I've been single my entire life. At the moment, it makes me feel somewhat indifferent, but at times kinda unhappy. Don't get me wrong, it feels great having the freedom to just relax and not worry about the stress associated with relationships. But, that doesn't stop me from seeing every single couple around this damn place and hoping I had the same thing. Such is life. Sometimes it can suck.

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
I'm unsure, I've get the feeling that I want a lasting relationship again sometimes, but then remember how hurt I was last time.

And then I think "You know, it isn't a relationship; it's just sex that I want".

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Don't like being single, but it's not enough to say I'm unhappy. Yeah, I'd rather have a woman in my life, but I'm ok without one.

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
I'm liking being single ATM. I guess I could go for a one night stand or a short fling but I don't really have the will or time to be in a full on relationship right now.

Bravo 21

May 11, 2010
Im single and i really like that, largely because the last relationship I was in ended badly, and she still dislikes me, and I really enjoy the freedom of being a single guy, reveling in the Bro code

SuperSuperSuperGuy

Jun 19, 2010
Single, happy. Never been in a relationship, and I don't want to be. I don't like the idea of spending the rest of my life with someone...

Then there's the whole children factor. I hate the little buggers, myself. I could never take care of one for more than a couple of hours, much less for years.

The Red Spy

Dec 1, 2009
At times I'm content with what I have, I don't feel rushed into getting into a relationship nor do I 'plan' on doing so, yet other times I feel saddened by having no one to share this part of my life with, my friends have been useless in that respect.

A relationship I can live without, what I truely feel unhappy about is the introverted lifestyle my friends lead; never going to the cinema, refusing to ever do something memorable, even shying away from going to another persons house. I know it sounds rather shallow but please know that I've tried so hard to give friends the opportunity to do something other than sit around all day and complain how they have nothing to do in their lives, I've tried for many years and they haven't decided to carry on.

I've never put them in a position where I force something on them, I've always gone about an activity with the thought that I could look back when I'm older and say I had done as much as possible as a kid. I wanted the same for them, I'd conjure up thoughts of them when they're older and questionning why they didn't do anything, I would only hope a true friend would do the same for me if I was in their position.

Now all ties I have with them are broken, nothing at all was said and they haven't even noticed: I've not spoken to any of them for over a month and they've made no attempt to talk.

I don't care much for a relationship, what I really require is good friends.

Mr. Socky

Apr 22, 2009
I'm am single. I am unhappy. Having admitted that to an online forum, I'm gonna cry myself to sleep.

forsinain42

Oct 14, 2009
Misterpinky said:
I'm am single. I am unhappy. Having admitted that to an online forum, I'm gonna cry myself to sleep.
*hugs* :) This thread should so become about setting up the escapist singletons. :D

I'm single and sortof ok with it. I just got out of a 2 year relationship, had a one night stand to clear my head and am now back on the singles path. I'm ok with it and I know I dont have time for a relationship but... well... Dammit, women are hot and fun to be with. I can juggle 3 jobs, looking for a house and a woman right? RIGHT?!

katsumoto03

Feb 24, 2010
Sightless Wisdom said:
Single, unhappy. The last relationship I had was a few years ago and consequently a middle-school relationship(yeah I'm in highschool, I'm really young[16] etc etc). So it was more or less pointless and it ended around when I got into hisghschool. Now that I'm not a complete idiot and I think I actually know how to handle a relationship properly, I'd like to be in one. Sadly all the girls at my school are

a) incredibly stupid
b) bitchy
c) extremely bland

This makes my life very boring.

I've the same problem man. Sucks, mirite?

It's not that I'm that eager to get into a relationship either. I know that at my age it'd be pretty much pointless. Still, it would be kind of nice.

Mr. Socky

Apr 22, 2009
forsinain42 said:
Misterpinky said:
*hugs* :) This thread should so become about setting up the escapist singletons. :D

I'm single and sortof ok with it. I just got out of a 2 year relationship, had a one night stand to clear my head and am now back on the singles path. I'm ok with it and I know I dont have time for a relationship but... well... Dammit, women are hot and fun to be with. I can juggle 3 jobs, looking for a house and a woman right? RIGHT?!
*hugs back*. Thanks man.

I agree with you. I know I really shouldn't have a relationship right now... BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT SUCK ANY LESS.

forsinain42

Oct 14, 2009
Misterpinky said:
forsinain42 said:
Misterpinky said:

*hugs back*. Thanks man.

I agree with you. I know I really shouldn't have a relationship right now... BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT SUCK ANY LESS.
Tell me about it. I'm sitting at home watching scott pilgrim and all i could think of was 'I'd give my left leg for kim right now'. :p

Seriously that movie is FULL of beautiful women.

CroutonsOfDeath

Jan 14, 2009
I'm married, have been for 3 years, and we are both very happy. We've been in a relationship longer than that and it was good too. Truthfully, I'd probably be a bitter, depressed arsehole without me wife, Chie. I suffer from Chronic pain and despite being fairly young, have a frame as brittle as a Nonagenarian whose bones have been replaced with twigs. Not exactly fun being riddled with crap like that, but she makes me happy so I shut up and deal with it.