Poll: How would you punish a rapist?

Arfonious

Nov 9, 2009
The only civiliced and sane option is rehabilitation.

I do however feel that a longer prison sentence is in order, a few years at least.

zzkill

Nov 12, 2012
I haven't read the answers before mine, but to throw in my two cents, I chose Rehabilitation, but I need to add something: CASTRATION! You can't keep your sexual desires under control? Then you're better without it. I'm not sure about the penis itself, but the testes can go to the swines for all I care. I think it has been done before, and eunuchs existed since ancient times, most common in the Ottoman Empire, the guards and male harem caretakers. And the rehabilitation afterwards for integration in society.

This falls in line somewhat with my view on killing other people. You can do it, sure, it's your choice, but don't expect to have a hold onto your own life afterwards. You take a life, you forfeit yours, no bitching if someone does the same to you.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Like it or not, rapists are still human. The only thing we as Society have the right to do is remove them from our midst and keep them where they can't be a danger. If it's possible to rehabilitate them, rehabilitate them. I don't believe that you're making the victim's life any better by torturing, or castrating, or executing their attacker.

Have you considered the fact that rapists were born just the same as us? That they have parents, and brothers, and sisters, and friends. Do you think the victim wants to be blamed for the death of their loved one? The treatment victims get from other people after admitting to being raped is already nothing short of abysmal, but can you imagine if there was more than a prison sentence as consequence?

It's pretty interesting to see how your conscience would justify being raped if telling anyone would lead to your attacker being killed or tortured.

Dec 14, 2009
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Speak how it has no place in a civil society, people like that have no place there either.
Says the person who advocates the torture of prisoners.

As soon as a person stoops to the level of petty revenge, then they're no better.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
Well provided it wasn't the kind of rape that was the guy being 15 and the girl being 16 (or vice versa(if that seems odd its because the legal age here is 16 if you didn't already know)) and it was horrible and not consensual then murder. Kill the fucker, they don't belong in society. No prior imprisonment before death, if they're guilty with out a doubt then just turn up at their house and blow the fuckers brains out...

If the rapist feels guilty, horrible and truly repents then I'd be fine with just then being beaten mostly to death but not fully...

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
My answer would likely get me banned and possibly arrested. In short: a lot of acid, cheese graters, bicycle pumps, and only after the rapist has suffered more than every human combined will I permit him to kill himself with a rusty razor.

Speak how it has no place in a civil society, people like that have no place there either. Violence is an effective deterrent. If others know what will happen if they are caught, they will be MUCH less likely to do it.

"Shoot them if they break the law. In fact, shoot one now, so that they get the message loud and clear."
You're assuming it a man while that may not be the case-women are capable of rape [although it's less likely it still happens and is equally horrible-also males are less likely to report if they have been raped so that screws up the actual numbers] and before you say but he got an erection he must have consented-erection are involuntary-there are drugs that force an erection-strap on can be used-Not all men are hound dogs who enjoy any type of sex-female rapeing men tend to lead to the males gentals being mutilated-just some food for thought for you and everyone else who is assuming rapist=man.

Op:prison and sterilization for both male and females rapist's.

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
Not everyone who enacts retribution is a monster. Dale is a good man who went overboard in protecting his daughter.
How in the fuck is that protecting your daughter?! If her attacker is on his knees begging for forgiveness that isn't fucking protecting shit, it's cold blooded murder. That is no more protecting his daughter than shooting a robber in the back who is fleeing out the front door - defending your property. If someone can snap so viciously because of their emotions, then I'd damn well say they are unfit to be in a civilised society.

Dec 14, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Speak how it has no place in a civil society, people like that have no place there either.
Says the person who advocates the torture of prisoners.

As soon as you stoop to the level of petty revenge, then you're no better.
When it comes to revenge, I have a quote that means a lot to me:

"I don't see it as taking time away from you, but giving back time to those who will not be hurt because you cannot hurt them."
So what? You're a seer now? You can see the future?

A person can do terrible, horrifying things to others, but in failing to try and understand what led a person to do such things, that is also a crime against education and understanding.

Understanding something allows us to combat it, and it allows us to rehabilitate those who commit such crimes.

Amaury_games

Oct 13, 2010
BiscuitTrouser said:
Rawberry101 said:
Anyone who answers that it should be a capital offense isn't quite thinking this through. Say you just raped somebody, and if you're caught you get a death sentence, what do you do????? I mean come on, the number one and likely only witness is right there and in maybe the most vulnerable position in their lives.....

See what I'm getting at? If rape was a capital punishment then rapists would actually have incentive to kill their victim to get off.
Pretty much this. Thankfully a lot of people who make laws understand this. If we subject rapists to anything cruel or mallicious or death they would do ANYTHING to avoid that fate. Like kill their victim without a second thought. If they know its bad now, but would be WORSE if they kill their victim, they have motivation to leave their victim alive. So lets say we make rape/murder together a capitol punishment and JUST rape a life sentence. Now rapists wont have absolutely zero reasons not to murder their victims.
The poll need more options, like "Life sentence", "Castration" (maybe with two options for this), "Harsher punishment if the person does it again", etc.
I am conflicted with this, because part of me wants them to suffer. Castrate them or just kill them because people like these have no place in society, and frankly, if they chose to disrespect the basic rights of others, then maybe they should have their own rights taken away (which would mean that you aren't violating their rights when you punish them, when technically they don't have such rights anymore).
HOWEVER... the logical part of my brain kicks in and I think I agree more with the guy I'm quoting: Life sentence for them (because their crime was heinous), and maybe they can get out, if we find a way to prove they won't repeat their crime. If they do it again, or if they ever murder and torture their victims (even more than penetrating them against their will, I mean, like beating them within an inch of their lives or cutting them just to give them even more pain, etc), if they kidnap in order to rape them, then the rapists can be penetrated by a needle with a lethal injection. Hum... now I seem to have hit the same wall as before (the person has nothing to lose if he/she kills the victim)... maybe the death punishment could be worse if the rapist did something like that, but I guess my way of thinking is flawed already... Goddammit!

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
When it comes to revenge, I have a quote that means a lot to me:

"I don't see it as taking time away from you, but giving back time to those who will not be hurt because you cannot hurt them."
If we are to take that quote at face value, why not simply kill the offender painlessly rather than the elaborate torture? Either way they aren't going to hurt anyone-else afterwards, so all the torture will achieve is causing needless pain to satisfy one's urge for vengeance.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Prison, a good beating then rehab.

Prison lets them think about there act.

Beating lets them feel the loss of power and physical suffering.

Rehab gives them the chances to control themselves in the future.

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
Oh thats good I'm glad ^_^
[sub] Perhaps a better choice of words next time[sub]we really need a gender neutral term[/sub] just a suggestion[/sub]
Question:Would your punishment still apply to female rapist's

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
The man who fathered my two cousins (Dale) (never married my Aunt) is in jail now. My cousin, his daughter, was raped by a classmate. The classmate came to him, and begged for forgiveness. Dale told him "You are brave for talking to me before the police. You are also stupid as hell." Then Dale beat him with a golf club and left the kid to die in the front yard.

When he was arrested, at his trial he told the judge: "Given everything I know now, and what I felt in these past days, I can tell you that in the same circumstances, if I could do it again... I would do exactly what I did every single time. And have zero regrets about it."

The boys mom tried to hit Dale on the way out of the courtroom. He is serving the rest of his life in prison.

Not everyone who enacts retribution is a monster. Dale is a good man who went overboard in protecting his daughter.
First of all i understand your story and i think what im saying doesnt apply.

Dale acted in rage. A fit of rage for someone he loved. Thats understandable. Thats not sadism. Or a love of torture. That's a purely emotional response. He didnt choose to feel no empathy. It was forced on him by circumstance. So i wouldnt judge as i judge those who say "I WANNA SAW OFF A RAPISTS COCK AND MAKE HIM EAT IT" because that just glorying in the suffering of others. Its a little demented and marks them as a sadist. I wouldnt say dale was a sadist. Id say he was angry. So angry. It was a calculated torture. It wasnt reveling in suffering. It wasnt an outlet of justified rage. Of course what he did was wrong. But its human emotion that drove it. Not the lust for pain and suffering.

Also he didnt protect his daughter. Hurting that boy didnt make her safer. It wasnt an act of protection. It was one of revenge and anger. Im not going to call him a monster for it. But lets not pretend it was done to ensure her safety since the classmate was going to admit and take punishment for it. It didnt help anyone or make any situation better whatsoever. Sure from his perspective he feels better. But from the outside who is better off? Is anyone safer than they were before? How can he protect her now?