Poll: Lying to get laid is OK?

cydvis

Mar 2, 2011
Lying to get what you want is totally fine (If it's a one night stand, someone you like or whatever).

Everybody lies, but it doesn't matter 'cause no one listen.

edit: "lying" doesn't mean "made some stupid stuff anyone with a brain will see" of course.

rutger5000

Oct 19, 2010
Like almost all moral questions it deserves to be looked at case by case, but in general.
Define lying, really we all lie constantly. We can hardly help it to twist the truth slightly in our favor. So as stated above it is about the degree of the lie. Imagine walking up to a very cute but incredibly stupid brunnete. If you say something like: "A madmen is holding my parents and siblings hostage and says he'll kill them all unless you'll have sex with me." (As I stated she is incredibly stupid) would be very bad.
On the other hands there are plenty of small white lies you just tell to keep a nice flow in the conversation. She's doing the same.

electric_warrior

Oct 5, 2008
Lying to trick a drunken floozy in a bar- fine
Lying to trick someone who actually cares about you- not fine
Lying about your job, hobbies, skills- fine
Lying about having a spouse or an STD- not fine

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Lying to get laid proves you have no skills in getting a man/woman to be attracted to you. I put no moral judgement on it, I just think it's lame.
No one with real game needs to lie.

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
Just because you have the ability to do something, doesn't mean you should do it.

That's a lesson the folks at Aperture Science didn't learn, and look where it got them: dead at the hands of a mad computer.

Fleeker

Jan 24, 2011
If you need to lie to get laid you have no integrity and not game and you deserve to get an STD and beaten up by her boyfriend.

If you need to lie in general you have no character, no accountability and clearly are doing the wrong things.

I life my life by the following don't do anything I won't admit to.

BabySinclair

Apr 15, 2009
Well everyone lies on some level through changing some minor traits (lipstick, cologne, make-up, high heels...), tweaking facts without lying directly, or by failing to mention something (lie of omission) so I can't hold that against someone.

Now more egregious lies, STDs, marriage, and shit like this however, I can hold against people but then again I don't like douchebags and am of the opinion that if you want something, you need to earn it without cheating.

ghostalker.cepo

Dec 31, 2008
Fleeker said:
I life my life by the following don't do anything I won't admit to.
As do I, thing is I have very little shame, and to be frank, people let you get away with all kinds if things if you're not ashamed them.

Klarinette

May 21, 2009
No. (Having been on the receiving end of a lie) Lying for the sole purpose of having sex makes you a douchebag and a creep.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
You can... if you want to be known as "that dickead."
It's even funnier if you fancy one of her friends and want to go somewhere with her, we'll tell our friends how much of a dick certain men are and they'll spread it around and girls will start avoiding you.
Of course it depends on what sort of lie. Something silly like I flew to the moon on a pink octopus might make me laugh. Lying about anything important is a massive no-no.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
Sure why not.

ezeroast said:
you mean like saying "I love you"

well then call me a lier
this is how I meant lying btw.

although I see no problem with telling a girl you're a cosmonaut...if it works then you deserve it!

Phoenix Arrow

Sep 3, 2008
Well. If you're on a night out, exaggeration is par for the course. It's not lying, it's just bending the truth to make you look better.

But if you're lying about something big then I don't see what the point is. All it does it prove that people want to have sex with someone who isn't you and isn't that kind of sad? Surely you want people to find what you are attractive as opposed to some made up version of you. Not to mention, it could all fall through and if it's a proper relationship, it definately will.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
The underlying point is: do you or do you not have a shred of integrity? Yes? Then don't lie.

9Darksoul6

Jul 12, 2010
As in everything, if your lie is inconsequential, yes.
Not all lies are inconsequential, however, even more so in the relationship cenario, so I'd advise a fair amount of 'brain usage' to people who want to try this (OP?); plus, some people are terrible liars, and being constantly caught - whether your lies are consequential or not - will sooner or later have a negative impact, and is therefore consequential.

Leonartheinsane

Jun 20, 2011
Depends. Whether you've got an SDI... Nope... Your name on a one night stand... Yeah sure why not, go and knock yourself out

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
As a rule, one night stands, ok usually (though some lies are a case by case deal), but if you're in a relationship, I don't think it should be necessary.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
I think it all depends on how white or harmless the lie is. If your just exagerating a personality trait (which the majority of people do anyway) or if your just using these kind of lies:

BringBackBuck said:
"I haven't seen you in this bar before [LIE] Do you come here often?"
"Not really [LIE]. Thanks for the drink though, this cocktail is my favourite [LIE]. And thans for buying a drink for my girlfriends too"
"Oh yeah, I love this drink too [LIE]. It's no problem [LIE]. Your friends seem really nice [LIE]"
"Yes my friends [LIE], they are not usually like that [LIE], Mary has had a couple of drinks too many [LIE]"
"This music is awesome [LIE], but I can barely hear you [LIE], do you want to go somewhere quiet to talk? [LIE]"

And so on and so forth.
Then its okay in my opinion. I think its when you get into the true devious, deceitful stuff that it gets pretty scummy. Like lying about your dog dying for a sympathy screw. Lies are contextual, they're not clear cut or absolute. Some times lying can be the better option for both parties. Some times its a devious thing to do depending on the lie and the situation.

That and a lot of us lie whether we really acknowledge it or not, its just smaller lies that aren't going to harm no one. I hate the idea of just putting lying as a whole under the scumbag area without giving a thought to context.

LuckyClover95

Jun 7, 2010
I said "Only if you're really desperate", not because I think that but I think if you're desperate and it's a small lie, like a teeny lie you'd tell anyway, then whatever.

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
If your absolutely 1000% sure that this is only gonna be a 1 night stand or that you will never see the person who your talking/lying to get to go along with it again then by all means...but one should be ready to face any and all consequences should the lie in anyway backfire