Poll: POLL: Sci-fi bodymodding. Bio or Mech?

nuqneh1

Aug 15, 2010
I would want to be something like a transhuman metrushka doll, Human on inside, mech reincforcement, and externally biological.

Oh and while I am at it, I would like a tail please. Preferably with a big-ass machine gun on the end.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
I'd rather have Bio. Enhanced, speed, jumping, acuity, balances, all senses increased, strength without any messy, or painful, bio surgery which could fail, or be rendered inert with an EMP.

Plus with Bio modding you can be like a Biotic in the Mass Effect universe... if that's allowed.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Bio. Partly because I just don't like the look or feel of cyborg stuff. And partly because with bio I can have a real tail and cat ears...

ReaperzXIII

Jan 3, 2010
Mix but I'm not letting anything touch my brain so that I could potentially be controlled by some random man at some random time so what I mean by mech is something like exoskeletons (that do not touch my brain! Leave ma precious alone).

I would rather have biological enhancements with mechanical armour, like make me stronger, faster, smarter, more agility, improved senses, thicker skin to take bullets, then I would have robot armour like Iron Man.

I prefer biological to mechanical mostly due to the fact I am over protective of my brain, also I do not want to have nanomachines inside me because machines can be hacked and I do not want to be hacked.

ZleazyA

Aug 23, 2010
I definitely wouldn't confine myself to one or the other, but I'd probably go for more mech upgrades.

Enhanced fiber-optic nervous system for quick reaction speed, increased muscle strength as well as skin and bone durability enhancements, mind-computer interfaces, and a general streamlining of my immune system to make me immune to disease and poisons. I'd probably want to still look human though.

ICanBreakTheseCuffs

Jun 4, 2010
crudus said:
Ithos said:
crudus said:
Bio. Fuck getting my ass beaten by an EMP.
hahah :p there's ways to shield stuff from that you know. but valid point.
thank you for the vote and feedback :)
Shields can fail though. To be truly immune is to not have transistors.
there's also metal that can protect from that because I think the White House is protected from emp.

OT:mech,why?more durable,easily replaced,cool looking,as close to immortal as you can get,also I would survive when the terminator apocalypse came because I am half-man,half-machine

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
I want to mix and match, boost bio's with mechanics and vise versa some will make things worse but improve other attacks...

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Well, I don't see anybody actually undergoing painful surgery in order to 'upgrade' themselves unless they actually needed to.

But in the long run I picked 'To cure a disability - Mix'.

I mean I'd rather have biological eyes than mechnical. Especially if I get to pick the colour (pastel pinkish-purple! ^_^).

But that being said bionic parts would be kinda cheaper in the long run I reckon ... because they can be mass produced and if there are any complications you can just get a new one right? Whereas a biological upgrade (I'm guessing some form of controlled mutation or symbiotic organism?) I think there'd be a greater risk of failure ... not without mentioning a greater risk of death accompanied with it.

Albeit that being said a symbiotic organism like a replacement skin that allowed the ability to change colour on command... that could come in handy o.o

Not only that but it wouldn't show up on metal detectors would it? n.n Unlike extensive cybernetics.

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
I just can't NOT get some Bato eyes!

I'd also want to get some leg muscle augmentations, or maybe some muscular augmentations all-round.

Ethylene Glycol

Sep 21, 2010
I've never been one for brand loyalty or voting a straight ticket or things like that. I want the best option for the task at hand. Mix-n-match all the way.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Mix and match. I know BIO would mainly be used for male "enhancements" so it kinda creeps me out.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
captaincabbage said:
I just can't NOT get some Bato eyes!

I'd also want to get some leg muscle augmentations, or maybe some muscular augmentations all-round.
Tachi eyes would be more useful. Install one in the top of your skull and you'll get perfect 360 vision.

Overlordjack

Jul 14, 2010
replace 90% of my body.
http://www.alexandgregory.com/images/General_grievous.jpg
only with quad legs(like the arms, only with backwards joints)
one of these built in somewhere http://world.guns.ru/sniper/dsr1-308-1.jpg
CoD style UI
brain will be the only thing that is organic.

Overlordjack

Jul 14, 2010
Grey_Focks said:
crudus said:
Bio. Fuck getting my ass beaten by an EMP.
Mech. fuck getting my ass beaten by everything.
agreed. besides, if your heart & brain are organic, all you need are a few replacement parts and your golden. " Oh No! I lost my tail! Time to bleed to death!" < the prob w/ bio