Poll: SPOILERS Dead Space 2 has gone too far.

TheFPSisDead

Jan 3, 2011
inFAMOUSCowZ said:
Its a game, and its brutal, I dont think it went too far. Only way for this game to go too far is if someone started having sex with the necromorphs, but thats just my opinion.
Phhht, that shit would still be hilarious.... even if it was too far. :p

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
HotFezz8 said:
had i known in advance there was this sort of content i would probably not have bought it.
You obviously haven't played a Visceral game before. Dante's Inferno had the unbaptized babies and DS1 introduced the Lurkers.

Did you expect Dead Space 2 to no break a few moral barriers if it meant being the best survival horror game of 2011? If so then you have a much to learn.

Feylynn

Feb 16, 2010
If you don't want to be playing it then I say that's a good thing.
It's supposed to be a horror game and I didn't like Dead Space 1 because it wasn't very horror as much as third person shooter with really ugly guys that jump out of broom closets.
Heard a lot of hype for this one correcting the problem I had. That plus this thread has convinced me it's worth the play.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
I don't think that's going too far. Hell, I'm sure a whole bunch of games could be improved with a liberal addition of exploding demon babies.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
I thought that chapter was good fun to be honest. Excellent way of conserving ammo ^^

Squidwogdog

Jul 8, 2009
HotFezz8 said:
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

you have been warned.

basically, im playing thorugh Dead Space 2 now, im about 3 hours through, and i'm shooting babies. i've already shot about 60 children no older than 12, but im now walking thorugh a nursery, listening to crying children and shooting mutated babies, which explode.

fuck MW2's airport scene, fuck Medal of Honours Taliban, this strikes me as over the line. had i known in advance there was this sort of content i would probably not have bought it.
Its unnerving you, so I would say that as a horror game its doing a good job. Before you counter me just know that it is following the horror game formula, in this formula, by having the player doing something that makes them uncomfortable or tense, it makes it all the more memorable and horrific. For example the heart breaking ending in Penumbra overture ( if you finished it you know what I mean). The CSI moments in condemned 2, many moments in Heavy Rain etc. I dont think they were trying to be controversial but in a game with that amount of gore and where you can watch yourself get sytematically dismembered without feeling sick or uncomfortable, I dont see how killing mutant/parasite/alien things that happen to have children for hosts is that much of a step up

dementis

Aug 28, 2009
I like that they include the children, in a society there aren't only going to be adults, there's going to be children and babies too and an alien virus isn't gonna have any moral issues with taking over them.

HijiriOni

Jan 26, 2010
I just see it as realistic. If the necromorphs reanimate human bodies and humans have babies and children then it's only inevitable that the necromorphs would also reanimate those at some point.

Just like how I shot Spaniards in Spain in RE4 and Africans in Africa in RE5.

Zombie movies have started adding the children and baby zombies too, it's now really a new thing. It's more like the latest push to make the genre more disturbing and scary.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
If an evil necromorph baby is attacking me, there is no pity. I'll aim for the head (but hit the torso) and kill that baby-monster.
Nothing in games disturbs me because they're just games, and if Mortal Kombat taught me anything from my years and years of playing, it's that killing things in really horrific ways is fun.

Jun 11, 2008
But in the original you shot fetuses. Why did you buy the game if you didn't want over the top violence and going too far? I thought the ad campaign and the previous game made that perfectly clear.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
What babies? All I saw when I played the game were things that USED to be babies and children, but are now mutated into mindless blood-thirsty monsters by an alien pathogen. Anyway, did you really think that a game about mutant zombies could be set in a civilian population and that the children would somehow not be hurt? And how is killing monsters that used to be children worse than the mass murder performed on perfectly healthy adults that characterizes so many other action games?

darkman80723

Jul 1, 2009
I wasnt going to bother playing this game, but with killing babies I might just have to rent it and commit some infantcide

Metazare

Nov 1, 2010
I tried really hard to think of something witty to say about the OP but everything about them just makes my blood boil. The kind of person who actively goes out looking for things that offend them so they can make a scene. I'm glad you're offended, now stop trying to ruin what good games we have left with your overly sensitive self.

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Honestly, if you'd have done any research into Dead Space 1 you would have easily found about 100 videos of people stomping babies. In that sense, I'd say it's entirely your fault for buying the sequel to Baby Stomping 1.

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
It's a game, why is a death of a baby so shocking? It's not a baby, its a graphic image that the programmers etc. made. And I don't think that people who play this game will build their own plasma cutter to kill babies with. You're seriously overreacting. And actually, I thought it to be funny that you say that you will mow down mercenaries, civilians and other humans, but a baby? Oh no!

Anyways, I thought killing those babies was both amusing and satisfying. Then again, I use public transportation daily.