Poll: Stupid, offensive and misspelled gamer tags

ThePlasmatizer

Sep 2, 2008
Slightly ironic when the TC is called Crazybuddha.

I think gamertags should only be changed if they are blatantly offensive, if someone decides to have a silly gamertag and look ridiculous it's their prerogative.

TheVoyager

Aug 13, 2008
The only thing that really irritates me is stuff like xxPRINCESSxxOOxx the things with the hearts. They are sort of stupid.

jake09050

May 14, 2008
i just hate it when a person has so much s**t goin on in their gamertag i have to actually look at it for a couple of seconds

King wiL

Jul 28, 2008
i know someone whos gamertag was "Mr Gaymer" because Gaymer is in fact his surname. Microsoft Deleted his account with stating he was violating terms of service for the offensive name and refused an appeal. he lost all his achievements and had no refund for the several months he had remaining on his live subscription. Ridiculous. microsoft didnt even wanna know.

Bane07

Sep 8, 2008
Free speech is free speech eh

If people want to be "cuntpuncher69lolmstrchiefsucksmynuts" that's fine with me. If it were my little brother or sister or future son or daughter, Id smack some creativity in to them, but that's another matter entirely.

Sweet_Jesus48

Sep 10, 2008
i voted no for one reason
sure, i hate these gamer-tags
they are really retarded
but in a way, its easy to see why
maybe its because they just don't care
maybe its an inside joke
maybe the gamer-tag they wanted was already taken (that happened to me)
so i hate it, but its whatever she wants to do

Wolfwind

May 28, 2008
Unless it's some disgusting name or difficult to read (riddled with X's, alternating upper and lower case, "leet speak"), then it doesn't really bug me. I barely remember people anyways, much less names.

I don't really have a problem with numbers, although I do find it pretty damn lame when people stick 117 or 69 or whatever. And speaking of 117, I think what I find lame in gamer tags is when it's obvious that there's absolutely no originality or thought put into it.

That goes too all the Master Chief's and Solid Snake's and SSJ Goku's and ESPECIALLY the goddam McLovin's! I've met like ten of those guys, the movie wasn't even that good!

*composes himself*

Anywho... I don't even bother with those players cause they make it pretty obvious through their tags alone that they're either kids or simple minded.

Najos

Aug 4, 2008
The name Crazybuddha56 could very well be considered offensive to Buddhists. I think you should change it.

Blazing Angel

Sep 5, 2008
stupid gamer tags should be kept to the console and NEVER brought to an online game. I mean your in the middle of a fight and all of a sudden some guy comes up with a name like"i b jack-A" and then your dead so please KEEP STUPID GAMER TAGS TO YOURSELF!!!!!

SecretTacoNinja

Jul 8, 2008
They really irritate me, not just on XBL but Youtube and Gametrailers too, I once saw someone called, 'smashbrojunke', or something like that, he was trying to write SmashBrosJunkie...
-_- I weep for this generation...

My gamertag is DeathTrousers does that count?

Aeviv

Jun 13, 2008
Numbers annoy me, and so do fluctuations in the status of wether your name has capitals or not. But what pisses me off more than anything, ANYTHING, in the gaming community, is when you get people with insulting, sexist, racist etc names. Once playing BF2, i had a guy called n***akilla join my server. He got kicked pretty damn switfly

jake09050

May 14, 2008
kanada514 post=9.70262.739604 said:
My name has 514 because kanada was already taken. (For my emal adress)
So I added my phone area code.
I didn't mean to offend or get people angry really.
same here if i could just be jake that would be wonderful but my email came out to Jake09050 and it just kinda stuck