Poll: THE ARMY: What Would You Serve In?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
As I am against joining the army under any circumstances, the question therefore applies to me in the manner which I am somehow forced into service. To which, I can reliably saw that I will be stationed in the stockade, cell number three, for the duration if necessary.

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
I see a lot of people chose the Special Forces. I find this incredibly humorous. Anyway, I chose Front-line Infantry.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Regular duty, but I think the friggin Cylons would have to be marching down times square before the armed forces would take me in.

Wadders

Aug 16, 2008
I'd try for the Paras, then if I couldn't cut the mustard I'd just to go for regular infantry.

Or maybe the "Airborne Division", as you call it, which sounds more like what my country calls the Army Air Corps. That would be pretty awesome too :D

I'm considering all these as options irl too, for after I've finished uni :D

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
The part of me that doesnt want to die says air force, the part of me that wants to be awesome says Spec Ops

Lord Thodin

Jul 1, 2009
I voted paratrooper infantry here. Yeah they got a pretty high death toll, and their time of survival once they jump out is pretty low but hey. Ive always liked the idea of landing behind the enemy and taking over a compound while the entire rest of their forces are busy holding their front line.

Golden Gryphon

Jun 10, 2009
I'm practically blind so I doubt anyone would want me in their army. So probably a desk job moving faceless soldiers around.

cowbell40

Jun 12, 2009
I would definitely want to be a pilot. It's just so freaking badass. And, I'd be far less likely to die.

Vetinarii

Aug 17, 2009
Smudge91 said:
I'd be the the persn that runs in the opposite direction from the action :D
Logistics... Although you need to be good at maths... considering you've worked out you have better odds away from weapons that seems likely.

cowbell40 said:
I would definitely want to be a pilot. It's just so freaking badass. And, I'd be far less likely to die.
Than what? Flying a metal box filled with flammable liquid towards other flying metal boxes with guns plus heat seaking missle firing guns.

Survival rate is higher if you set yourself on fire.

megatron2.0

Feb 18, 2009
airbourne if i had to.

i would be one of those guys that sits in nevada that controls the predator unmanned aircraft, yeah it would be just like a video game but im killing terrorists..

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Lord Thodin said:
Smudge91 said:
I'd be the the persn that runs in the opposite direction from the action :D
I hear they have a high survival rate.
Not if they get caught they won't.
Well, depends on what army, but yeah.

Personally I'd want to be in the Artillary.
Not when they fire it, of course, but the idea of throwing high explosive death towards an enemy that's twelve miles away appeals to me.

You never said who's army I'd be serving in though. Can it be the Imperial Guard? Please?

They have such nice hats.