Poll: What do you call it? Soda, cola, pop, etc...

jpblade666

Dec 23, 2010
Tonic. I've lived in New England my whole life. More specifically in the very small closed off towns in New Hampshire and Vermont so I call it tonic when I'm here.

Evil Moo

Always Watching...
Feb 26, 2011
A fizzy drink, a soft drink, a carbonated beverage.

I don't like the terms pop or soda. Pop sounds childish to me for some reason and soda makes me think of baking soda.

Usually I'd just say what the actual drink is (if it's Coke, then 'Coke', if it's Sprite, 'Sprite' and so on), also sometimes more general terms like 'lemonade' for more generic drink products.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
I've always called it, and always heard it referred to as soda.

New Jersey here.

Mr. Google

Jan 31, 2010
THEMILKMAN said:
I'm sure this topic's been done to death but I couldn't find a recent one when I searched so here goes.

Also for more effective data collection please specify where you live since this seems to effect the term people use.

These are all common names I've heard people use (yes a few people refer to everything as coke) except of course the heavenly one, that's a joke option which I like to include in all my polls. Please excuse me if I'm forgetting any other common ones especially those used outside the U.S.

OT: Pop for me. In Ohio.
Yeah being a ohioian or what ever it should be called i also call it Pop. Pretty sure thats the standard

HK-42

Mar 8, 2011
Observation: I call it "Organic-meatbag-liquid-sugar-black-drink". My master called it coke.

Kadoodle

Nov 2, 2010
If it's coca-cola, then I call it coke. If it's fizzy sugar water in general, (sprite, ginger ale, root beer, etc) then I call it soda, or whichever type of soda it is. I'm from New Jersey.

Craig Cameron

Jun 8, 2010
In Scotland we keep it simple "Juice" being the blanket term for every non-alcoholic beverage that isn't water.

Knusper said:
I call it Coke. In England, no one really calls it pop and soda usually means carbonated water, but not necessarily sweetened, at least in the South-East anyway.
and yeah up here soda refers to carbonated water too.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
I like to call it soda. I'm from Northern California, United States of America.

Although on occasion, whenever I'm at a restaurant that serves Pepsi, I would accidentally ask for a Coke and they would think nothing of it and get me a Pepsi.

It's almost like the names of the two brands are interchangeable.

Brandon237

Mar 10, 2010
I call it by the name the company gave it. But coca cola is coke. Everything else is called what it says on the can.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
I call it pop and so does just about everyone I know, but I'll sometimes switch it up and call it soda or something.

I live in the north western part of Pennsylvania.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
In Louisiana, we called it coke. Typically, when one person would go to the fridge, they'd ask "Want a coke?" followed by "What kind?" We used 'coke' as a blanket term for 'soft drink'. In New York, I haven't really found a specific term for it.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
I'm made in England, More specifically Devon. We usually refer to them as Fizzy Drinks or just by their specific brand name.