Poll: Which Starter Pokemon did you choose?

Zaverexus

Jul 5, 2010
Squirtle
Does no one else remember this?

Squirtle.
Chikorita.
Torchik. (lvl 100 Blaziken ftw!)
Turtwig.
Done.

Anaklusmos

Jun 1, 2010
Charmander because I loved the second and third evolutions.

1st Gen - Charmander
2sn Gen - Cyndaquil
3rd Gen - Torchic
4th Gen - Pinplup (I first picked Chimchar but a penguin who's part steel, I mean... you just cannot resist)
5th Gen - Oshawott (looks like I've switched to the other team)

bulbasaur765

May 1, 2010
I first started off with Squirtle because turtles were a somewhat popular animal with young boys at the time. I stuck with Bulbasaur in the following New Game files afterwards.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
back in Gen 1, Charmander, why? Charizard, that's why

Aris Khandr said:
Bulbasaur. It's cute, and I tend to favor the grass starters. I've only varied twice, once for Torchic (because Treeko looked strange) and once for Oshawott (because it was cuter than Snivy).
Treeko was neat, one of the few times (and again in Gen 5) i picked a grass starter, every other time, 'kill it with fire' is the stratagy

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
Squirtle, and i haven't regret my decision...

It was on pokemon Blue, and that dragon on pokemon red, looked kinda weak... and the giant turtle with two big water cannons always looked awesome....

so yeah... squirtle... didn't even waited to make my choice... and Gary (thats what i called my rival), got the bulbasaur... so yeah, char-char is the forever alone in my game xD

Alphakirby

May 22, 2009
Charmander,bitches.
Why,because he is a fire type,what WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE'S OTHER STARTER POKEMON.
Well me and Charmander need to go train in a volcano because I have Raptor blood and Zeus DNA!

WINNING!!!

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Charmander, because its a lizard that turns into a dragon. I love me some cold-blooded killing machines. He does not feel compasion for his foe, HES F'ING CHARIZARD!

Pokédex entry = Seemingly possessed, it spews fire like a volcano, trying to burn all it sees.

Have you tried reading some of the pokedex entries in the pokemon games... some get preaty dark.

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
Squirtle. I went for practicality over style since I knew the first gym master used mostly Rock and Ground types.

Imperiused

Mar 15, 2011
Bulbasaur. Why? Probably the best grass type in the game. Good against the first three gym leaders, along with Geovanni. Also a bamf for the many dungeons in the game.

I know Charmander was always more popular, but I never chose one more than once or twice. Why?
1. Fire types are weak (Good against...grass? bug? ice? Who uses bug? And there are only two ice pokemon in the entire game who aren't also water type. They're also weak against ground, rock, and water types, which are probably the most commonly encountered types in Red and Blue.*)
2. There were better fire pokemon (Arcanine, Ninetails)
3. Charizard picks up flying, which ruins him because it just adds another flyer to your roster that I can take down in one hit with Jolteon...

*EDIT: Besides normal and flying types, that is...

WaywardHaymaker

Aug 21, 2009
What? Bulbasaur, forever alone? Venusaur is badass! A dinosaur with a flower on its back could kick anything's ass!

But if we're talking any game, I 100% must say Totodile. Feraligatr is my favorite Pokemon, hands down.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
Personally I'd go for a different generation but I went with Squirtle in the first generation because Charizard gets insta-killed whenever he goes into combat and is really fat (Which makes him suck IMO), Venesaur has some use as a sleep powder pokemon and Blastoise is Blastoise making him the better of the three.

Heres my pick for each generation:

1. Squirtle
2. Cyndaquil
3. Treeko (I like all three but he's slightly better)
4. Piplup (Favorite of all of them)
5. Oshawott or Snivy

The second and fourth gen have my favorite Starters (Empoleon and Typhlosion) but the third gen comes up right behind them, then the 5th gen and first generation

As a guy who has grown up since the beggining with this stuff, Its somewhat funny for me to realize that I am one of those few people who like newer pokemon over older pokemon as time goes on.

Im quite the water type guy, then grass, then fire. Why? I don't know, I like Torchic and Cyndaquil the most out of the fire starters but then again thats all the fire types I really like. I guess its just convenient weaknesses that ruin them for me (Ground AND Water attacks really hurt). There aren't many fire types that I like IMO.

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
Charmander is my favorite, but Bulbasaur is a very, very close second. I switch off and on between fire and grass starters.

Gen 1- Charmander
Gen 2- Cyndaquil
Gen 3 - Torchic
Gen 4 - Turtwig (I'll be damned if I ever play with that f*cking retarded fire monkey)
Gen 5 - Snivy

So yeah, fire wins by majority, but it's pretty evenly matched. I've liked every single grass starter, even if Treecko was f*cking useless. I'm hate Chimchar and I'm kind of indifferent towards Tepig, definitely not my favorite.

masher

Jul 20, 2009
Where's my "I play through more than once," choice?
Because that's what I do.