Poll: Who do YOU think has the most elite military unit in the world?

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
I'd have to say SAS. The SEALs and SAS both have the same degree of training in all fields, but the SAS works closely with MI-5 and MI-6 for counter-espionage. Being the industry standard that all special forces model after doesn't hurt either.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Hmm, yes, the SAS would've been my second choice, I was torn, but in the end I voted for Delta Force, mostly because I know more about them and their training, and I would struggle to believe that the SAS would be put through training as difficult as the Delta Force men are.

mitchell271

Sep 3, 2010
The British SAS are pretty awesome, but they can't hold a candle to the Israeli Special Forces (don't remember the exact name) are the best of the best of the best. All the groups you listed are pretty top notch and definitely professionals, but damn those Israeli bastards are crazy

Porygon-2000

I have a green hat! Why?!
Jul 14, 2010
You know who I think? The New Zealand SAS.
Seriously, outside of the British, who has taken over the country once in its history? Even the Australians are kept at bay, and they're pretty badass themselves!

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
Conza said:
and I would struggle to believe that the SAS would be put through training as difficult as the Delta Force men are.
They aren't.

DELTA training is longer and more grueling, and the terrain that they train in is SHIT. SAS does train in some weird places, though.

Soluncreed

Sep 24, 2009
I think the Spetsnaz as they are trained how to parkour WITH GUNS. Plus that guy from deadliest warrior who was taking those punches. Kinda scary.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Well, I have done almost no research on the subject, but the Israeli Mossad/Special Forces (don't actually know how much the two overlap) are pretty damn hardcore. Really intense training paired with extremely advanced weapons and equipment. They pull off reconnaissance missions, rescues and assassinations all over the world on a regular basis. The raid on Entebbe in 1976 [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Entebbe] was especially impressive.

Dan Steele

Jul 30, 2010
the ninjas, nobody ever sees them coming.

In all seriousness though I would say the NAVY SEALS. There is a veteran on my street that is a Navy Seal.He talked about the training they had to go through. The training itself was brutal and the missions the Seals had to go on made the training look like kiddie games.

Comando96

May 26, 2009
The difference between the SAS and the SEALs is a very simple difference.

The Seals kill everything that moves.
The SAS kill everything that moves... quietly.

Their most common mission is where they are sent in, watch for a long time, then quietly sort out the situation, commonly not even alerting anyone to their presence until someone stumbles across their bodies.
SEALS... kill everything that moves... short, sweet, you know exactly what is gonna happen.

The SAS are equal to the SEALs in typical skill but they have stealth and that is to their ultimate advantage.

Elementlmage

Aug 14, 2009
th3xile said:
EDIT: It's mostly known that Russian Spetzsnaz is on par with our Army Rangers, who are blown out of the water by the SEALS. Unless you're using some really weird credentials for what makes one of them the best, in terms of effectiveness, the only competition is between the SEALS and SAS.
They fill the same role as the Rangers (well, more like Marine Force Recon), however, the training they receive is more on par with the SEALs/SAS. I am loathed to use this as an example, but did you ever see the episode of Deadliest Warrior: Green Berets vs Spetsnaz? Yes, their testing and "simulation" is a complete joke. But with "inferior" equipment that Spetsnaz operator made a complete mockery of the Green Berets in one-on-one testing. If that isn't some decent proof I don't know what is?

That's Funny

Jul 20, 2009
The SAS, but I am British, so yeah I am a bit biased.

The truth is my knowledge of the SAS only extends to Andy Mcnabb novels.

KoalaKid

Apr 15, 2011
my vote is for the Kitkwai Zong Kus-wea. The Kitkwai are a nomadic individual sovereignty and Zong Kus-wea translates to "horrible wild-head". Why the Kitkwai Zong Kus-wea you ask? because its impossible to expect what your unaware of.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
the gsg 9 does not belong up there, they are a counter terrorist police unit that also operates outside Germany on occasion because we our "do not use the army for police work" thing very seriously.
if you want a German military unit use the KSK, those guys area badass, although slight slowed down by the fact that the whole parliament has to authorize each and every military action so we don't overrun Poland again.

regarding the poll i would have to go with whatever Israel has, simply because they are more literally fighting for the survival of their country than anyone else.