Poll: Why do you swear/curse?

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
I swear for many different reasons, sometimes for emphasis on the sentence, comedic effect, or when I'm angry. They're just words though so I don't see why they affect people the way they do.

Red Bomb

Nov 25, 2009
Habit mostly. I try as much as possible not to. I always think women who swear are really vile and I dont want to be like that. But I still swear far too much.
Wouldnt dare do it in front of my mum though, it would be my death if I did!

Adventurer2626

Jan 21, 2010
I don't make a conscious effort to. I think the root cause is environmental/present company. If it's acceptable in the crowd and done frequently, I will too. I'm beginning to think I'm a superhero and my super power is to be a social chameleon. I never do it to "get the high score" as some people seem to do, cramming as many into a sentence as possible. Unless I'm challenged to by a friend. If I'm angry, injured, scared, exasperated or need it for comedic effect, then I might swear.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Here's a question, why the fuck are we seeing a poll like this AGIAN? I think in the time I've been a member of this site (about a year to a year and a half now) I've seen this question put up on at least 4 different occasions. What? Are we running out of things to fucking talk about or something? What the hell is the problem with this shit?

OT: I dunno... Just swear because I'm bored sometimes... which has been a lot lately.

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
Swearing sometimes becomes instinctual when stressed and/or angry. That's how I curse most often.

ALuckyChance

Aug 5, 2010
I'm thirteen, so cursing is kind of an environmental hazard.

I curse when very frustrated, or for exaggeration. Strangely enough, I curse the most when I'm talking to myself.

Mostly, the only cursing I use is 'fuck.' I call people a bastard when being lighthearted, and I hate calling anyone a *****. I find calling someone a son of a ***** to be acceptable, however.

SalamanderJoe

Jun 28, 2010
Force of habbit. My Dad did a lot when I was younger so I sort of grew up. I do mainly use it for comedic effect whilst expressing anger to make a statement though, but I can't vote for all three now can I?

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
When I'm really angry, I'll curse. When I'm trying to emphasize a point, I'll curse, but not heavily.
...Usually. Sometimes it just slips.

DaJoW

Aug 17, 2010
Just part of my language, really. Don't know anyone who gets upset by it or doesn't do it themselves.