Poll: Would you go for a Warhammer 40K(dawn of war) movie?

masterkang5

Nov 1, 2008
What...

All of them have appeal well besides maybe necrons but even necrons you just dont focus on unimportant stuff just focus on X killing Y it makes for a good movie trust me

your saying an avatar fighting a chaos prince wouldnt be a good watch?

LewsTherin

Jun 22, 2008
Yechezkel said:
Who would the good guys be? Think about the factions in Warhammer 40K. Which one do you think can be made to appeal to the masses?

If you answered none, you win a car.
I think you could *possibly* do the IG, as they are the most "human" of the lot, and theremore the easiest to identify with.

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
This entire thread is pointless because wether or not we'd want one or not it will never be made, any GWS fan worth his salt would know that we will be in our cold cold graves before they actually finish a movie.. there determined to Torment us!, they should've given us that fan made movie that was actually finished. Its better than nothing, if only it wasn't made in Germany.

Yechezkel said:
Who would the good guys be? Think about the factions in Warhammer 40K. Which one do you think can be made to appeal to the masses?

If you answered none, you win a car.
The imperials are the closest thing to a main race for the masses to rally behind because they are human, all others would be considered to alien or sadistic.

and i doubt a Dow movie would live up to its potential.. no no they'll do what they did with Sherlock homes, throw the history and the feel of the that stories universe and give us something "modernised" for the masses to gawp at for an hour or so.

masterkang5

Nov 1, 2008
The whole jist of the W40k universe is there really are no good guys the closest would be the spacemarines or perhaps eldar except the eldar often try to avoid conflict altogether a good plot would be needed to involve them as for spacemarines in lore they peform exterminatuseseses on whole planets which isnt exactly good.

A shitty plot would steal work with the epicness of the titans.

Dagodweezl

May 27, 2009
oliveira8 said:
You missed the thing...

WH40k is an over the top universe. Were everyone is trying to be bigger than the other. Its the equivilant of 300 in space.

Pretty much every character in WH:40k is itself a character, the nature of the thing doesn't even take it self serious. The whole thing is ridiculus when you remove the overglorified deaths.

Its not something that translates well to movies.

You haven't learn anything from Video Game movies? Even comic book movies took them years to become solid and taken seriously.
Well even though they don't transfer well know neither did the comic books, they needed people to stick with them and now they're some of the most popular ones released now.
We just need people to actually try.

Also for those discussing what races would be in it, it would almost have to be Imperium for at least the first movie. after the public gets more familiar with the series than the less human races like the Necrons, and Tau could be added in with a biger role.

And to the post above
FOR THE LAST TIME I MERELY SUGGESTED DAWN OF WAR AS A POSSIBLE TITLE FOR THE MOVE NOT BASED ON THE PC GAMES, JUST A NAME

Yechezkel

Jul 29, 2008
The Imperial Guard are the most human. Unfortunately they are also sadistic religious fanatics. Does anyone remember the phrase: "Hope is but the first step down the path of disappointment?" Kinda sums up the Imperial Guard right there.

The most non-sadistic and creepy faction is probably the Tao. But the Tao have that whole "ruthlessly efficiency in destroying humans" thing going against them.

Valiard

Feb 26, 2009
You could Call it Imperium, make it about the Horus Heresy, have a few space marines (force commanders,librarians,ect). Lots of imperial guard, chaos demons, Eldar and Orks, and watch as people spend money to watch the emperor pwn all.
*edit* actually Khells post is a better idea.

Chris^^

Mar 11, 2009
not Dawn of War, it doesnt explore enough of the actual background of the universe

a proper 40k movie would have to be based on one of the novels or a series and would probably do best based on the IG.

a gaunts ghosts series would be so incredibly epic, although the ultramarines series is pretty good, space marines would probably assure wider appeal.

either way DoW = nono for a movie

Dagodweezl

May 27, 2009
OH OH OH
I know just thought of it

Dawn Of War:Rise of the Imperium(or maybe the Great Crusade)

You can satisfy the masses with lots of action and keep the fans appeased. Not sure but I don't think there's that much detail on that time period. The overall time line is there but I don't think much work has been done on it. Plus since it's not in the Games normal time line the producers could still put in subtle changes (that show up in most movies)to please the masses without directly contradict current materials.

A Dawn of War prequel

(edit) also to the post a few above- Imperium: The Great Crusade

Jaedon

Feb 8, 2009
I'd love to see them try. It's saddening that so many of you have the 'fiction/game made into movie = instantly bad' mentality. I'm honestly shocked that nothing has been made of it, everyone.. and I mean, everyone knows what Warhammer is.. If it was made into a movie it'd be no less geeky than going to see Star Wars, granted though, that is. Even if it turned out to be crap I bet it'd be a total blockbuster money for whoever dared to make it.

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
I'd just like to see a proper 40K film, regardless of weather it was based on Dawn of War or not.

Utarefson

Apr 15, 2009
i'd like to see a movie which tells one short story but multiple times from the view of different races...

or a miniseries featuring the imperial guard would be nice,too

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
Jaedon said:
I'd love to see them try. It's saddening that so many of you have the 'fiction/game made into movie = instantly bad' mentality. I'm honestly shocked that nothing has been made of it, everyone.. and I mean, everyone knows what Warhammer is.. If it was made into a movie it'd be no less geeky than going to see Star Wars, granted though, that is. Even if it turned out to be crap I bet it'd be a total blockbuster money for whoever dared to make it.
No. Not everyone doesn't know what Warhammer is.

masterkang5

Nov 1, 2008
warcraft = bad rts made good by icefrog
world of warcraft = a mmorpg if you imply they plan to turn that movie then thats just awesome.. i bet some deadshits would go see it but really all of blizzards new material has been awful wow is just grind at its core.

OMFG OMFG BEST IDEA... EVER!@#!

a diablo movie

*DISCUSS*

wewontdie11

May 28, 2008
Well I know next to nothing about the 40K universe but if it was lots of dudes kicking the crap out of other dudes and/or aliens, in space, I'd be tempted to check it out based on that. I think those types of movies are best suited to heavy CG out of the options in the poll.