Precipice of Evolution: First Genesis [Closed;Started]

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
Fury Is Me. said:
Yeah, I'm just going to stop the argument here. You win, I concede, I just saw my dogs trying to pee on my curtains so have better things to do than argue with somebody I'll never see the face of.

SamtheDeathclaw

Aug 8, 2009
Fury Is Me. said:
Your arguement is basically "OMG, TIEM PWERS, OPOPOPO GODMOD OPOPOP, WHY DID YOU ACCEPT? THE RP IS RUIND".
And your argument is basically "Let's insult other people as pettily as humanly possible."

Alright, every point you've made against ruedyn so far:
POST ONE
1) Margins: if I remember correctly (and I may not be), it was stated she's working on getting better. Presumably, she can produce more dramatic effects with practice. Not a good point, but a pretty decent one.
2)Momentum: Yes, it won't reduce their force, but slowing things down allows her get out of the way. Which is what ruedyn said, and you chose to ignore. Not a good point, ignores the actual point in question.
3) Speeding herself up: Just dead wrong. If she can slow everything else down and speed herself up, she's functionally moving faster, as the value of "second" in meters per second gets long. Downright bad point, as it's written. It could be a good one if it actaully answered ruedyn's "unless it doesn't work on his/herself", saying she can only slow down a certain number of things at once.
POST TWO
4) No real point in the first paragraph, just insulting ruedyn. Yay. Ever hear the phrase, "ad hominem"? Insulting the other participant does not, under any circumstance, make you any more right. In fact, it makes you look pretty bad. Come on, we're all above that here.
5)The others being op: You're ignoring most of his arguments in favor of fixating on one point you think is wrong. Which is really, really bad arguing.
The thing is, all of their powers are only good for a certain number of things. Time control is useful for a lot more than any of them, although it has limits too. In theory, they all can be used against stabbing. But that's one of three uses ruedyn proposed. You ignored the other two in favor of the one you could show was wrong. (And it is, don't get me wrong. Stabbing isn't something superheroes tend to need tp worry about.)

Anyways, my two cents is the time powers in general are overpowered, but this particular incidence has good enough limits that it won't be a problem.

Congratulations, everyone who made it in, and good luck!

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
BoosterGold said:
Wow this place got stupid real quick didn't it, Ruedyn look bro its to bad Scooby Doo didn't get in but that's no reason fill a page with you foundation-less whining in the hopes that the Twins will get booted and Astro Jetson will be allowed in.
And Counter seriously you just don't stop, like ever do you bro. I mean can you not even wait till we start till you commence with the endless bitching. I'd add to the hows and whys of why the two of you are wrong except the it seems that Fury and Safe already schooled you with the righteous sick burns(aka legitimately excellent arguments.)
But I will say that they are both right there is nothing OP about the Twins, they seem like a great character, but maybe it would be better to wait till this RP started before we start bithcing about other peoples characters.
Really brave of you to hop in after everyone else tries to drop it, just to insult people. Did it truly take you all day to come up with those references to talking dogs?

I don't see any new arguments either, you just tried to bring back other, flawed arguments. Calling them 'sick burns' even, nevermind the repeated poking of holes into them. Hell, I'll try your tactic, look at Sams post! It's nothing but total annihilation of that argument. I only stopped arguing because I had better things to do with my time, but if you feel the need to waste more on this, then lets go, explain to me how we are wrong. Your own words, stop trying to use others.

Safe in the Dark

What is a man?
Jun 5, 2010
The GM, the one running this shit, accepted the Twins full knowing that they used time powers. If the GM thinks it isn't too powerful, STFU, and GTFO.

EDIT: Fury, BoosterGold, you escalated this far past what it should have been. Geeze, if I knew defending someone's usage of a power would do this, I wouldn't have said anything.

2ndblackjedi

Sep 12, 2008
@SitD That may be my new favourite .gif.

Anyhoo, I'm looking forward to getting started...And burning everything >:D

Well maybe not everything. Just most things.

Safe in the Dark

What is a man?
Jun 5, 2010
@Steak: It blew over already, but boy it was sure something. Been awhile steak, how you been?

@Jedi: I can't wait either, and it is my favorite forum related gif.

SteakHeart

Jul 20, 2009
@SitD: Doing well. Playing games. Really, not much has changed since you last saw me.

VaudevillianVeteran

No Comment Necessary.
Sep 19, 2009
avouleance2nd said:
Thanks for considering me and tell me if any positions open up
Any chance for feedback on why people did and didn?t get in in case there?s anything to improve for when new positions open up?
In most cases it was just due to spacing, I received 26 sheets in total and I obviously can't keep an eye on that many characters.
But I'll try to get PMs out to those who didn't quite make it, just offering some critique/praise and double checking if they'd like to join at a later date.

Anyway ladies and gentlemen, after that little...collision, hope that we can step aside from that and the RP can start soon.

VaudevillianVeteran

No Comment Necessary.
Sep 19, 2009
"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen..."
The European sounding voice slinked over the various intercoms around the PRACC facility, the streets of central, the shops, college and entertainment areas opening at the sight of the artificial sunlight as the night cleaners started to return East to rest up in the restricted area. The last few cleaners joked to one another and left the main artificial park as some of the inhabitants started to show up, along with the influx of volunteers and trained guards to their regular posts.
The artificial town itself could be mistaken for a European city-center in design while also had a small-town Americana feel, not making it easy to work out where exactly the facility was placed. Nonetheless it was easy to see the amount of work that the PRACC had done for the citizens.

"It's your usual morning wake-up announcement from me, Doctor Julia Strauss..."
The gentle tones of Strauss' voice came from the mounted intercoms on the street lamps in the residential area and outside of the various apartment complexes. Much like how the center retained a sense of normality, the residential area could easily have been lifted out from a large suburban area. Some were already up and leaving, walking the short distance to town, biking or waiting for transport, while others ignored it completely and went back to sleep. The voice was a regular occurrence every morning, alternating between the woman speaking now and the occasional input from the acting head of the facility for important reminders and news.

"Today is Monday, April 13th, 7:01AM, controlled temperature is 10 °c, 50°f today..."
The bustle of doctors, nurses and scientists changing shifts in the medical center paid little attention to the woman, conversations between groups easily varying between work and leisure. Some immediately returned to their offices, coffee and files in hand, possibly to get some extra shut-eye at their desks. While others went directly to the smaller wards where some of the residents had stayed overnight for one reason or another.

"I'm here to remind residents that any and all who would like to appeal for visitation from outside in these upcoming months are to finish their paperwork and have it handed in at any of the PRACC official buildings, the hall or the college building in Central where it will be passed on and processed. We hope to have some visits arranged in a fortnight or so..."
The announcement was much quieter in the detention building. The sterile area was surprisingly silent and peaceful considering what it was used for. A man and woman walked side-by-side through the main containment hallway as they prepared to speak to the detainees as per usual and process those who were only staying for the short term. This was usually the time they would take to talk to repeat offenders. The cells seemed more lacking than usual but far from empty, recently it seemed that more of the long-term inmates were being moved.

"The PRACC would also like to remind that retail and grocery stores will be accepting requests as per usual and shipments should be coming in tomorrow afternoon. Also please do not hesitate to inquire about volunteer positions in Central. The PRACC prides itself on it's ever expanding range of entertainment and its provisions to you. Being a proud member of our community will only mean rewards and privileges in future..."
The monitoring rooms screens shifted its focus on the entire faculty while a small area was dedicated to monitoring the rooms of those detained in detention. The room was seemingly empty before the sounds of two sets of footsteps, half-jeering walked in and took place in front of the screens.

"Please check with your sent schedules on whether you have appointments in medical this week, it seems that more and more of our tenants seem to be forgetting their meetings with our trained professionals. It's imperative that we have regular check-ups on all of you, for yours and our benefit. Failure to adhere to one of our strictest policies will result in detainment and the medical being performed there. We do not want it to come to that, so please, check your schedules. On a lighter note..."
Several guards lined up outside the sparring/archery area, readying themselves for regulars, while a few complained about wanting to head to the bar for Irish coffee from that "friendly Changed fella" who was already there early, cleaning glasses, he turned on the TV, receiving static, tutting and turning it off.

"We hope to arrange several friendly competitions for the Summer, along with the first annual Summer event, but details of that are yet to be announced. We will be taking suggestions for the competitions, along with ideas for prizes, you all know the places to do this. A new delivery of sports goods will be available at the college from this point on..."
In the wooded area leading to the detention building, footsteps went along the trail, ducking and hiding from the armoured vehicle that passed by into the grounds, seemingly with a few new Changed in the back.

"Finally, we understand that there have been complaints about the new internet and television issues, our maintenance staff are making adjustments as we speak. For now, access to telephones will be slightly lax to make up for lack of other means of communication to outside the facility. Letter and parcel delivery as always will be running, 7 days a week..."

"...Well, that should be the last of the announcements today. Have a good and productive day, ladies and gentleman. This is Doctor Julia Strauss speaking on behalf of the PRACC."
The young woman in the white coat gave a stretch, turned off the broadcast and overlooked the domed city from the observation tower in the restricted area. She gave a weary sigh and tapped her hand against the glass before she was called away.
'Same old, same old... They will all do what they usually do...but how long will this last?'

[HEADING=3]Prologue: Just Your Run-Of-The-Mill Facility[/HEADING]

Fury Is Me.

Oh, Tasty Tasty.
Feb 20, 2010
[sub]Clink Clank... Thunk[/sub]

Clink Clank... Thunk

Clink Clank... Thunk

This was the droning sound that was emerging from personal lab of the Head of the Science department for the PRACC college, Cid Kayfer, along with various other tiny sounds. Always up early, as usual, Cid was busy busy busy, working himself away at one project or another. Inside the room was lit; not well lit, but not dimly lit. It could only be described as the "Science Quota" for light. That eerie dim that you often see in Frankenstein movies, where the rest of the room is dark, but a bright light baths the actual man of science himself. The tall man at work was assisted by his colonies, which extend across the room in all directions, bringing nuts, bolts, screws, wires, wrenches, pliers, tweezers and all other manner of things into Cid's hands, which were busy at work. All around him were schematics of some unknown device and the device in question, a work in progress, with directly in front of Cid, whose face was covered by safety goggles. Where the colonies weren't extending themselves out to bring him supplies, they were lending a tendril or two to assist him, welding a piece of metal here, tightening a screw there, all controlled by Cid's mind. It was the image of the skilled man at hard work... That is, until there came a knock at the door.

"Mr, Kayfer, the school is opening, didn't you hear the announcement?" Said an unknown voice of womanly origin from behind the door to the private room.

All at once, all work stopped, and the silver, prehensile machines set down each item they held back into their respective areas and Cid raised himself from his machine, turned towards the door with a smirk and leaned in. "Yes, i know. Thank you, Jenny." Said Cid to the woman outside.

"Don't be late to teach your class again, Mr. Kayfer. The Students have had quite enough of you being tardy."

"Yes yes, Jenny, I know. But they all know why, and most of them are always interested when i bring in something new every now and then."

"Tardiness is Tardiness, Mr. Kayfer, and we're going to have to start giving you rep-"

"Yes yes, repercussions, Jenny, I've heard ti a thousand times" Cid said to the obviously more business-like woman outside.

"Well, i just wanted you to know. If you don't want to be late for your 7:30 am class, you may want to get yourself ready. Goodbye, Mr. Kayfer." The woman behind the door said, turning and leaving with audible footsteps.

Cid wiped his head in an act of relief and turned to a switch by the door. Flicking it up, he activated the lights in his lab, lighting the rest of the room nicely to reveal that it was in wonderful order, without a bolt out of place, and on the wall hung a very teacher like blue suit, black tie and black slacks combo with a pair of black loafers beneath them. Cid removed them from the wall and quickly changed himself in his personal Lavatory and washed his hands, humming as his nano-colonies brushed his teeth and combed his hair for him. He'd already taken a shower before heading in today and was already clean, he just wanted to be double sure. With a whistle, he opened the door to his Lab and began to walk to his class, deciding on NOT being late today. Cid gave his hellos to all the early bird students who greeted him as he walked the distance from his personal space to his actual classroom, giving everyone a smile on the way. It was 7:20 by the time Cid had planted himself in his chair in his college classroom and had pulled out a book, waiting for the students to arrive, one by one. Today he felt like reading A Brave New World. It was a good read.

SteakHeart

Jul 20, 2009
"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen..."

Jerald opened his eyes slowly. He always hated the morning announcements. Too tedious. Ironic, though. A bland routine meant to help brighten up the bland routine that Jerald himself was now firmly situated in, a ritual he was about to undertake.

First was getting out of bed. An old black blanket thrown off the side of the mattress, along with the sheets, and Jerald sat up, legs over the side. He looked at his clock: 7:00 sharp, as usual. He didn't know why he bothered. He stood up and walked to the bathroom, switching on the light. The mirror was cracked around a central spot, almost as if someone had punched a hole in it in a fit of frustration. Actually, it was exactly that. He still needed to get that replaced. He looked into a portion between two cracks. Yes, his scars were still there.

He stepped into the shower and turned the water on. He stood there, eyes shut, the hot water stinging the burn on his arm. He didn't give a damn about the pain - never did, never would - but it was there, and it was annoying as hell. The soap didn't help much either, but the one thing his body couldn't fight off very well was an infection, so soap was necessary. Once that was over with, he stepped out and dried off with an old, faded towel. He went back into his room and pulled on a pair of old slacks, then a wifebeater, over which went a gray button-down. He smoothed out the wrinkles as best he could. No stains, thank god, although he wouldn't have cared if there were. He was working part-time as a custodian for the university nearby, and custodians aren't typically known for personal hygiene.

He walked to the kitchen and made breakfast, the usual. Three eggs, scrambled, with toast, pancakes, bacon, and a mug of cheap coffee. Regenerative powers require a lot of energy to work, so large meals are necessary. He wolfed it down quickly, then stood up and slid on his coat. Shoved into the inside pocket were a length of fiber wire and a single rubber mask, folded up and wrapped in opaque plastic. The mask was pure white and featureless, save two holes for the eyes and room for the nose and mouth. If all things went according to plan today, he wouldn't need to wear it.

Jerald walked out the door of the apartment complex and into the sunlight, using his hand to block the sunlight from his eyes until they adjusted. He didn't need to get to work until later that day, so until then he figured he would once again return to the bar. He walked off, hands in his pockets, head down, the position of a man trying his hardest to pretend he was normal.

At the bar, he sat down in a corner booth and pulled out a newspaper, reading over the latest events outside of the colony. Nothing out of the usual in society. The usual routine of corruption and deceit, covered up in a mask of well-meaning. How fitting.

Safe in the Dark

What is a man?
Jun 5, 2010
Revis woke in a stupor, as per his usual during his stints in the detainment facility. He laid very still, and listened, hoping, praying, for the hint of a sound. Nothing. Absolute stillness, an unnatural quiet that snaked it's way to his very core. "Goddammit... I would kill for just the faintest hint of sound. Birds chirping.... Something... Even in prison you hear noises." He muttered to himself in an effort to break the silence. He thought back, and recalled in great detail his most recent act that got him thrown in here. Someone pissed him off, he flew into a rage, and there was a fair deal of property damage, but no death, he liked to imagine he had that much restraint. He sighed and sat upright on his bed, slowly coming to his senses.

He ran his right hand over his left arm, his source of power, the thing that allowed him entry to the facility in the first place. "I thought I was going to use it to save my sister... But All signs point to the worst... Not a trace of her..." His arm began to ache and he slammed his clenched fist into the wall. "Not now... Not here.... This thing is driving me crazy..."

He made his way to the wall mirror and looked at himself. Same faded white hair. Same faded grey eyes. Same everything. Rev ran his hand over his arm again and yawned. "Another day... Always just another day." He shook his head, went back over to where he slept and laid back down on his back. He stared up at the ceiling listlessly, his good arm rested over his forehead. "Fuck. Everything." He said finally, remaining like that until the usual daily routine would begin again.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
Isabella rubbed her eyes sleepily, when she heard the morning wake up call. She had a look around the room, and wasn't entirely happy with waking up in her sister's bedroom. At least it was better than waking up in detention, with her last memory being a quiet afternoon in the library.

The bedroom went in black and red, candy paper and clothes were scattered on the floor and on the bed. She had tried cleaning up Gabriella's room once, but her twin had thrown all her clothes on the floor afterwards and broken her arm while giggling. She had been forced to beg her to heal it, and only when she had promised to leave Gabriella's room alone had she actually done it.

She left the filthy room, and went to check on the rest of the apartment. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Her own bedroom was tidy and the interior was mostly white. It hadn't been used recently though, and she couldn't remember if they had done something bad or not last night. Isabella headed into the bathroom, to brush her teeth and comb her hair before breakfast.

Gabriella hadn't done anything that bad, but she thought it was funny to see her sister worry anyway. They'd left the arcade late and gone on a stroll around the facility, to see if anything of interest was happening. She'd returned home after that.

"What are we going to do today?" She asked her sister, who was combing their hair.

"Good morning, I trust you slept well." Isabella answered, and sped up the movements of the comb, so that they could get some breakfast. "Maybe we should finish those papers, so mom and dad could come visit."

Gabriella put the comb down, and left the bathroom. Perhaps it would be nice to see their parents again, if they even wanted to come visit them. She doubted they did.

"What if they don't want too?" She asked, opened the refrigerator and picked up a package of orange juice, which she drank straight from the cartoon. "They were the ones to put us here."

They hadn't visited once since, even if they had talked with them over the phone a couple of times.

"Oh, don't be silly and put that down. We have cups for a reason."

Gabriella considered accidentely spilling some on the floor, just to annoy her twin, but figured it would only delay them further from getting outside and starting the day. She put the juice back in the refrigerator and got the stuff they needed to make breakfast.

Fourty minutes later they had finished their breakfast, gotten dressed, had a shower and left their apartment. Isabella made sure that it was locked after them.

2ndblackjedi

Sep 12, 2008
Alice lay in her bed with her hands behind her head, staring upwards at the roof of her bedroom. On the roof were several burn marks from times she had tried to set fire to the room. It was altered for her to be fire resistant but wasn't completely burn proof. A smile crept onto her lips as she fondly remembered each attempt. Alice's thoughts were interrupted by Dr. Strauss' announcement and she realized how early she had woken up. She sat up and after a long debate, decided not to spend all day in bed. The announcement reminded her that she had an appointment with her psychiatrist today. Alice figured that since the appointment was late in the afternoon, she had plenty of time to kill before 'forgetting' to go.

Alice went to her bathroom and got undressed; trying not to think about how much she disliked being soaked by water in the shower. Her shower water could reach temperatures that would likely be dangerous or harmful for a normal human, but it was only just right to her. As the steam rose around her, Alice tried to recall a dream she had last night. It was the usual one: herself surrounded by rising flames and hearing the mad laughter of a voice that sounded much like her own. There had been something different about it last night, but the details had already faded from her memory.

Alice got out of the shower and heated herself enough to evaporate the water off. It was quicker than using a towel. She threw on her usual attire, and noted the singed sleeves of her favourite jacket. At this rate, she'd have to buy a new favourite soon. Alice fished a small lighter out of her pocket and flicked it open. The small flame inside greeted her like an old friend. She put her other hand just over the lighter and the flame grew straight up. When it touched Alice's fingertip, a similar fire started there. She closed the lighter and looked at the new fire in her hand.

Alice bounced the small flame between the fingers on that hand as she tried to find a way to spend her morning. Returning the lighter to her pocket gave her a free hand, which she used to open a drawer in a dresser in her room. Alice pushed aside a pile of clothes and under it was a small notebook. It was her personal and very private book for writing. Maybe she could busy herself for a while doing that.

Alice looked up at her roof again and the memories came back. She felt a far too familiar urge building in her and the temperature in the room rose. Alice put her finger in her mouth, feeling the flame on her tongue. She closed her eyes and imagined it. A sea of chaotic flames, fuelled by her. Everything burning and combusting until the air itself was incinerated. Then the quietness as only ash remained.

Alice pulled her finger out of her mouth and opened her eyes. She knew she had to keep these thoughts and urges under control, but part of her clearly didn't want to. She absolutely refused to trust the therapist to help her. They didn't understand, no one did, or could. They couldn't see her thoughts, or her dreams. Although in this place, who knows? Maybe someone could.

Alice refocused her thoughts. Grabbing the first pencil she could find and with her notebook in hand she headed out. After locking the door behind her, she put the key in her pocket, beside the pencil and the lighter. Alice decided to head to the library to write there. It was quiet and no one would talk to her or disturb her. Quite a few of the regulars at the library remembered what happened to the last person who interrupted to try and get a glimpse at her book and she still remembered how long she had to stay in the detainment facility because of it. Alice glanced down the street, tapped her pocket to be sure the lighter was still there and started walking.

Black Rock Shooter

Aug 18, 2012
Eve had patiently listened to the morning announcements and had sat still while intently gathering all of what the Doctor had said. Afterwards she stood up on the streetlamp-intercom she had been perched on and uttered a single word to herself,
Code:
"Visitation..."
That meant that some of the others would be visited by their families. She pondered for a second, still perched on the lightpost and finally dropped the train of thought running through her head. She had spent the whole night perched on the lamp, observing the cleaners. It wasn't that she didn't have a residence, it was just that she hadn't seen the need to go back there last night. She turned her head a perfect forty-five degrees and looked at the University, her head shifted back and she saw the first signs of those who had places to be. Eve watched intently, every little motion. Every fidget. All of it.

She figured she would appear rather off-putting to those passing by so she shifted out of observation mode and into Interaction mode. The differences being Observation mode was meant for studying people, reading them. Interaction mode put less of her focus on every minute detail and more into 'Feeling' she could pass herself off as fitting in for the most part, and her studies of those around her helped shape how she would go about interacting with them. She leaped down and began thinking of where to head.

She attended class at the college, but she didn't really need it. She learned the material inhumanly fast and blazed through advanced concepts with relative ease. She attended mostly for the atmosphere, the interaction, and the people there. She was 'fond' of the teachers and other staff members she met, and some of the students she considered 'friends' and 'acquaintances'. She sat on a nearby bench. "Couldn't hurt to go." Eve sat awhile longer still deciding her course of actions for the day.

BoosterGold

Jul 21, 2010
'BOOP BOOP! WHEEE WHEEE BOOP BOOP!'

David Gold awoke to a sound that over the years he has grown to despise, the loud taciturn 'Booping' of his alarm clock. For the past 23 years that sound had been waking him from his gentle slumber and 5:02 am on a daily basis. He brought his hand down on the top of the clock but it did not cease the 'Booping' of the clock. ?Fine, I'm awake...I?M AWAKE ALREADY ENOUGH!? he said following it up with a firm shout, which brought him to full alertness, he then flicked the toggle switch on the bottom of the clock and the noises ceased .

The older man rose from under the covers of his bed and shivered, ?Why exactly does the dome need to have days were its this cold anyway?? he complained to the empty air. He then dragged himself to his kitchen and poured a cup of terrible coffee, it was intentionally terrible because a cup of ungodly awful coffee had become a tradition starting with his first day a student teacher over 25 years ago.

With his first cup of coffee inside him he walked to the bathroom and looked into the mirror and sighed he brushed his teeth and trimmed his beard, having shower the night before, as he always did. He looked at himself on last time and said, ?You look terrible David.? he then chuckled to himself and walked to his room, removed his flannel pajamas and dressed in his traditional teaches attire, his tweed jacket and bow tie, always a staple.

Now dressed for success, he walked back to the kitchen and place a piece of whole wheat bread in his toaster, to make whole wheat toast for breakfast, this was paired with a 2nd and then a 3rd cup of terrible coffee. He then checked his watch and it was already 5:30 am. ?Well looks like its time to go make history.? He let out a huge full body laugh at his joke, and he grabbed his briefcase, which was full of tests he needed to grade and a historical papers about the roman empire and there use of aqueducts as a weapon, it was a rather silly idea but it was worth reading because he really had nothing better to do .

He poured a 4th cup of coffee into his PRACC College travel mug and with thoughts of making the past come alive he left his apartment and walked to the university, he was tempted to use his powers to make the walk take only one step but then he looked at his middle and thought that make a longer walk would be better for him. It also gave him time to see the various people going about there business along the street David always enjoyed watching the community in action, it was like studying future history in action.

He walked through the gates and onto the campus of PRACC College and made his way to the history/social sciences department, and then when he had arrived, he followed the well traveled route to his office, he open the door took a deep breath and crossed the threshold. Inside he was greeted by the familiar trapping of his office, his countless books strewn everywhere, all containing bits of historical fact he was hoping that piece together into a big picture and reveal mysteries untold and unknown. There was also his coffee pot, which he had named Sergeant Sludge. ?Hello my friends, sleep well ? he said into the empty office. He took up a position in his well worn chair and placed his briefcase atop it and took out the tests and began to grade them, a he did he began to hum the opening theme to Histeria!

His Felix the Cat wall clock, told him it was 7:15am, not that he needed it because the daily announcements had just wrapped up. He figured that the kids wouldn't mind if he was a few minutes late, he just wanted to finish up Ms. Eve Reva's test, or at least that was his plan, until there was a rather loud knock on his door, it caused him to jump out of his chair.

?Mr. Gold!? said a rather shrill voice on the other side of the door, the tone of it was that of a teacher getting cross with a naughty student. David sighed inwardly because he knew who this was in an instant Faculty Vice Administrator, Jennifer Ramstand, or as she would always say, ?Call me Jenny.?

?Can I help you Jenny?? said the History Professor in a relaxed voice, knowing full well she was here to check up on him because of his forgetful nature, and tendency to arrive at his classes late, though the students never seemed to mind.

?You know full well why I'm here David, You have been tardy far to often and the students have had quite enough of it? she said sounding rather annoyed, as if this wasn't the first ultimatum she had to deliver today.

David poured a cup of coffee from Sergeant Sludge and turned to Jenny, ?Alright you win I'm on my way, Jenny you know me, not even Mongolian hordes could keep me from my students.? He walked out the door and shut it behind him, it was an auto-locking door, which suited him just fine and made his way to his first class of the day. The students had yet to arrive but that was fine as he started writing some of the notes on the board, and waited for his students to arrive, excited as he always was for the day to begin.