RAGE QUIT!!!1!11!! >:(

Xannidel

Feb 16, 2011
Hmm I have raged plenty of time whether it is alt + F4 or shutting a game down to fume for a while but one rage that I had as a kid broke my GBA (I do not have a picture but I did keep the GBA in my room to remind me to not let a game beat me. I was playing some game that my mom's friend brought to dinner and while they were finishing eating I was playing it and I died and head butted the GBA and cracked the screen. I have never broken a controller or a monitor or anything like that but something in me snapped that night and I never want it to happen again.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I was playing through Majin and the forsaken kingdom (which you should pick up, its pretty cheap now) the game has no autosave and it froze maybe about an hour or two, but the thing that triggered the most rage is that I wasn't just playing through...I was collectible hunting :(

fwlzdxil

Jun 9, 2010
RJ 17 said:
One of my better ones was when I realized that playing Soul Calibur 4 online was like trying to stuff a cactus up my ass because everyone that plays it uses the same cheap/unavoidable move (I'm looking at you, Darth Vader...) that just murders the fuck outta you and there's nothing you can do about it. Evidently Taki has a move where she just does a quick little swipe with one of her blades down at your ankles. This is enough to cause you to stumble for a moment, which is just long enough for her to do it again, effectively stun-locking you if you get hit once by it.
Don't know about Vader, but wasn't Taki lowest tier in SC4? (unlike Natsu, who is fucking everyone's shit up now) That move is probably only abusable against inexperienced players.

I only pulled the plug once, when I just started playing MK9 online. I don't remember details, but the situation was similar to yours: I didn't know how to defend against the attack he was abusing. Since then, whenever somebody's playing like a douche, I just stand there and don't press any buttons. If you want to win so bad, here's your win.

rob_simple

Elite Member
Aug 8, 2010
As an aside to the sanctimonious prats saying 'if you rage quit you're doing it wrong': it's worth remembering that there is a difference between giving up because a game is intentionally difficult and giving up because of piss poor design, which brings me to my story...

The only game I have ever properly rage quitted (as in, given up on entirely and never played again) was Jak II. I loved Jak & Daxter but it was painfully obvious how envious they were of the success of the Ratchet & Clank series so they did a complete overhaul of their own sequel and turned it into a shitty GTA rip-off with run and gun mechanics instead of the classic collecta-thon that made the first game so enjoyable. This could totally have worked if it hadn't been for two things: you could only take four hits before dying and checkpoints were miles apart. So in sections when you had twenty to thirty guys all firing at you at once you had to get through while avoiding all there hits with no chance to get your life back or upgrade it over time. Fuck. That.

As a slightly milder but more destructive RQ: I played FFIX for about five hours before getting a game over and discovering my save had corrupted for no apparent reason. I launched my controller across the room and watched it shatter into pieces against the wall. It's probably the first and only RQ that left me-No wait! Did the same thing in Lost Planet 2 after I spent literally fifty minutes fighting a boss by myself only to run out of time and die; having to do the whole fucking act over again.

Rallus

Mar 28, 2011
I've rage quitted Mount and Blade: Warband many times. When you've worked your way up to being a king of your own kingdom and sitting in a prosperous nation... Then all the other factions declare war on you, destroy all your cities and then hunt you personally until you have no armor, no weapons, no money and have essentially become less than you were at the very beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRamaCzY0x4

everythingbeeps

Sep 30, 2011
Zelda: Majora's Mask.

Near the beginning of the game, there's this optional (I can't stress that word enough) mini-game where you have to whack posts with your sword. It's optional. You can get a piece of heart or something for completing this optional mini-game that there's no time limit on and it's OPTIONAL.

Couldn't do it. Stopped playing MM forever. Traded it in the next day. Never looked back. Honestly, if I were the type who broke controllers (or cartridges, for that matter), I'd still be picking shards of plastic out of the floor.

Ledan

Apr 15, 2009
Assassin's creed. The controls can be very... frustrating.
Hey there's a chest let's pick it up... or start climbing the wall.
Okay, im just going to run on the rooftops, oh wait! Ezio decides he wants to jump off to the right instead of straight at the building in front of him. Worst of this was altair at the docks. Stupid armored assasin.

Navvan

Feb 3, 2011
Personally I don't have any rage quit stories worthy of sharing as my particular form of rage quit is just the quitting with the occasion curse. However I use to have a roommate that would rage quit just about every day at some game. Particularly at LoL when he first started playing.

One of the many times that he raged he literally punched out a window and got his hand shredded. Other favorites were tossing controllers or his mouse pending on what he was playing on. I'm fairly sure he went through like 5 mice and a couple of controllers during the course of the 10 months I lived with him.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
Alternative said:
that and this Mother Fucker right here

I remember my first night in Minecraft. I had made a tiny shelter like the guides said but I didn't make a door or block it up with dirt. I figured I could just hang out in the doorway hitting zombies. Then a creeper shows up and blows everything sky high.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Without a doubt, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.
I enjoyed the story, it was a neat take on the original Silent Hill. However, on the Wii, the action sequences were damn near unplayable.
One time, I was nearing a staircase with a door at the top, a door which I knew led to escape from the frustrating chase sequence and more plot development and puzzles, and most of the Raw Shock were a fair bit behind me. Well, Harry was apparently so stressed that he missed the staircase entirely, looked up at the sky, and began spinning around in circles. It was at that point when A: I got jumped by about 4 different enemies, and B: I slammed the Wiimote against the ground to go do something else.

Oro44

Jan 28, 2009
Was playing Skyrim when I ran into good old Krosis the Dragon Priest. Well, I was low level and had forgotten to save. Lost two hours of gameplay.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
I was playing Bayonetta and I was dying... I was dying a lot and every time I died I would wait a couple of minutes to respawn and then I'd die... I was really early on in the game and those angel things fucked me up bad... After playing for an hour and getting further than I had before with no checkpoint I died... It loaded for 3 minutes and when I respawned that music started grating on my nerves so much I hurled my controller at the cat, stood up and threw my chair out the luckily open window... Then I respawned...

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
fwlzdxil said:
RJ 17 said:
One of my better ones was when I realized that playing Soul Calibur 4 online was like trying to stuff a cactus up my ass because everyone that plays it uses the same cheap/unavoidable move (I'm looking at you, Darth Vader...) that just murders the fuck outta you and there's nothing you can do about it. Evidently Taki has a move where she just does a quick little swipe with one of her blades down at your ankles. This is enough to cause you to stumble for a moment, which is just long enough for her to do it again, effectively stun-locking you if you get hit once by it.
Don't know about Vader, but wasn't Taki lowest tier in SC4? (unlike Natsu, who is fucking everyone's shit up now) That move is probably only abusable against inexperienced players.

I only pulled the plug once, when I just started playing MK9 online. I don't remember details, but the situation was similar to yours: I didn't know how to defend against the attack he was abusing. Since then, whenever somebody's playing like a douche, I just stand there and don't press any buttons. If you want to win so bad, here's your win.
It's effective against casual players such as myself who don't have the flawless, split-second timing to pull off that super shield block move where you block at the perfect time to send the oponent stumbling backwards. I pulled it off once or twice during that fight, but SC was never my favorite fighter to begin with, as such becoming a master of it was never my goal........mainly because the concept of Ring Outs was something that I found to be incredibly lame.

Also, I never experienced it because Vader wasn't out for the 360 by the time I was done with SC IV, but a buddy of mine had it on PS 3 and Vader had this move where he can essentially stun-lock you with his force moves, keeping you all the way across the screen the entire time.
Think it's like a force choke-slam, then force lift you back to your feet. Or maybe throwing the lightsaber and then lifting you back to your feet only to have the lightsaber thrown again. Something like that. All I know is that once he got started it was basically impossible to break out of.
n00beffect said:
RJ 17 said:
Having had enough with these bullshit players and their bullshit tactics, I stood up, threw my controler, and turned around to punch a hole in the wall. Turning back around, I see that my controler had found its way into my TV set, requiring that I get a new one.
LOL. I had a simillar expirience once. It involved me, my foot and my oldest, boxy monitor. You know, the kind of monitors you never see any more, the proper old-school ones. Also, the back of my wall, which apparantly had been made out of cardboard, because when I kicked my monitor, it lodged itself right inside. Should've taken a picture, but as I would soon find out, I was suffering what I now understand to be some puny, teenage attempt at a nervous breakdown. Got as far as the door before I collapsed, waking up a couple of hours later in my bed. I forgot to mention that almost all of my equipment was destroyed in the whole 'accident'. Keyboard was snapped in two over my knee and now there were buttons all over the room; the mouse had lost its cover and now you could see the inner workings of all of the wheels as you moved it.

It was rather embarassing, really.
:p The best Rage Quits always involve some property damage. May I ask what game you were playing that made you flip out like that?

:p And of course it's a bit embarrassing, they're ALWAYS embarrassing. That's why I opened up my OP with "I've done it, you've done it, we've ALL done it." No judging going on here, just a sharing of stories that, hopefully, we can all "look back and laugh on".

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
zidine100 said:
Black Arrow Officer said:

Just look at all the holes in his room! I also love how he blames the keyboard and monitor for him messing up.
thats the sort of guy who shouldn't be allowed money to spend on things like that, i really hope that place wasn't rented.

guh sorry for going of topic, but that just makes me rage, well i guess i better punch a hole in my wall. /sarcasm.
I have punched a dent in my wall once. That is what taught me to properly control my anger.

Artful_Gamer

Apr 30, 2012
Fighting Shao Kahn at the end of Mortal Kombat. This fight is especially annoying since
You have to play as Raiden and his moves all suck ass

I had won the first round and the CPU did its usual RAWR round 1 lost! Time to cheat suddenly play far better than possible normal. Berserk mode

Third round seems to be going OK 'till he lands an X-Ray instantly dealing 53% damage. He then procedes to use that BS unblockable hammer move that stuns you 3 times in a row. (I was completely helpless after getting hit by the first one) When I finally get an inch of breathing room I try and jump over him only to get hit by that stupid golf swing that hits in a 270 degree arc. One OP shoulder barge later I'm staring at the Retry screen...

Needless to say that was my last attempt of the night

Tell me I suck 1 more time Kahn! Don't think I won't just snap the disk

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
gmaverick019 said:
Dead ringer is about the same level as invisa watch, both can be used in different ways, they both have their downsides
Best knife is vanilla by far
The ambassador can be good if you make those headshots, but it's slower firing speed makes it harder to land the second bodyshot to finish them off

Meatspinner

Feb 4, 2011
Zetatrain said:
Yesterday I was playing World of Tanks and was trying to get the 3x exp bonus for the AMX 12t. Basically, each tank's first victory each day grants you the bonus. So, when I lost three games in a row I was like, "Alright no biggy this has happened before". After losing six games in a row I was like, "alright this is getting a bit annoying but surely I'll win the next match." After losing nine games I was like,"OK what the fuck game this is really starting to piss me off." Finally after losing twelve games, "Fuck this shit I'm done."
That's non-premium in a nutshell.

"What you say? Standard tank? Well we'll just put you as the lowest tier tank in this match"
"Whats that? Can't afford to resupply your high tier tank after a match even though you got 5 kills? Well you better buy a premium tank then. They get a discount... oh did I mention you can buy premium ammo that's much better then standard ammo"

F*ck that game and it's mother