RAGE QUIT!!!1!11!! >:(

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
Playing the first Naruto game with my brother, I kicked the little cabinet under the TV where we kept our games and broke the doors on it because I kept losing.

Most recently I raged while playing Tekken 6. I grinded my teeth so hard I felt little tooth shavings come off.

Lunatic High

Apr 14, 2012
Gone through 4 controllers in my day but thats just PS3 let alone my 2 a piece for my PS2 XBox/es ( orig and 360) and even a couple gamecube controllers have crumbled to my wrath.....you know I should probly rage quit on my own.......oh ya 2 keyboards 3 mice and 1 television controller.

Most recent fit of rage was Twisted Metal (ps3) fucking x2 juggernaut dollface mission. (no controllers were harmed while playing that game)

Conn1496

Apr 21, 2011
When I just beat in fighting games by assy spammers. It pisses me off, so I usually just rage quit. It's not really helped in Soulcalibur V, where a majority of the "difficult" coms adapt to this method of winning when they start to lose.

targren

May 13, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
Anyway the worse part was trying to killed the boss and he cleary didn't know what he was doing. There is a obvious diret path to the leader with only a few monster about and going around it is far longer and there are many monsters about.
If I remember correctly, you have to take the roundabout route to kill the three mini-bosses to get a Master rating in that mission. Maybe that's what they were after?

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
Just had my first rage quit in awhile playing FF10. The first blitzball match against Luca. F the AI in that game, it cheats like hell. If you have a stat of 8 in something, it can go 50% in either direction (so 4-12 in this example). and yet, without fail, the enemy gets +50% and i get -50% (if im LUCKY, most of the time my players will just outright miss), and the enemy has better stats to begin with. to top it off, they always score a goal even from mid field (with 3 defenders on him) wheras im lucky to get a goal at point blank range with no defenders on me. 5 tries later of sheer utter BS im ready to punch a kitten and break the game disc. It is not a few cases of worst case scenarios, its entire games worth of worst case scenarios in a row.

Alternative

Jun 2, 2010
Ryotknife said:
Just had my first rage quit in awhile playing FF10. The first blitzball match against Luca. F the AI in that game, it cheats like hell. If you have a stat of 8 in something, it can go 50% in either direction (so 4-12 in this example). and yet, without fail, the enemy gets +50% and i get -50% (if im LUCKY, most of the time my players will just outright miss), and the enemy has better stats to begin with. to top it off, they always score a goal even from mid field (with 3 defenders on him) wheras im lucky to get a goal at point blank range with no defenders on me. 5 tries later of sheer utter BS im ready to punch a kitten and break the game disc. It is not a few cases of worst case scenarios, its entire games worth of worst case scenarios in a row.
Fuck the computer is such a cheating cockbag at blitzball,
i mean FUCKING HELL i had 10pass and he had only 5block, HOW DID HE BLOCK IT.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
targren said:
Scarim Coral said:
Anyway the worse part was trying to killed the boss and he cleary didn't know what he was doing. There is a obvious diret path to the leader with only a few monster about and going around it is far longer and there are many monsters about.
If I remember correctly, you have to take the roundabout route to kill the three mini-bosses to get a Master rating in that mission. Maybe that's what they were after?
Nah it wasn't that one, the bonus mission is to killed the two Harbringers located South of the boss which they were inside that fortress.
Even then the direct path is South East from the village but the leader lead us more of an anti clockwise from the village and we didn't get to the Harbringers at all.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
It's not a common occurrence however it does happen, mostly on LoL..... I avoid this by never playing solo queue though, I can't stand the idiots I get stuck with about 70% of solo queue matches.

n00beffect

May 8, 2009
RJ 17 said:
:p The best Rage Quits always involve some property damage. May I ask what game you were playing that made you flip out like that?

:p And of course it's a bit embarrassing, they're ALWAYS embarrassing. That's why I opened up my OP with "I've done it, you've done it, we've ALL done it." No judging going on here, just a sharing of stories that, hopefully, we can all "look back and laugh on".
Worms World Party... yes, the Devil's spawn! Bloody wind, always blowing my rockets into my own worms, seriously like UGH!... Ok, ok, enough reminiscing; starting to get the fits again.

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
Artful_Gamer said:
Fighting Shao Kahn at the end of Mortal Kombat. This fight is especially annoying since
You have to play as Raiden and his moves all suck ass

I had won the first round and the CPU did its usual RAWR round 1 lost! Time to cheat suddenly play far better than possible normal. Berserk mode

Third round seems to be going OK 'till he lands an X-Ray instantly dealing 53% damage. He then procedes to use that BS unblockable hammer move that stuns you 3 times in a row. (I was completely helpless after getting hit by the first one) When I finally get an inch of breathing room I try and jump over him only to get hit by that stupid golf swing that hits in a 270 degree arc. One OP shoulder barge later I'm staring at the Retry screen...

Needless to say that was my last attempt of the night

Tell me I suck 1 more time Kahn! Don't think I won't just snap the disk
That fight annoyed the hell out of me as well until I found an easy way to beat him was stand right in front of him and as soon as he starts to do an attack teleport behind him and uppercut then repeat if he goes invincible for a second teleport again dont try for another uppercut as he will mince you with his cheap ass moves. I only beat him on normal though so this may not work on harder settings.

Oh have you done the challenge tower one with 3 Shao Khans in a row? now that is almost impossible unless you spam the gun and roll move of stryker.

Ryotknife said:
That match took me ages to win when I started playing I just couldnt do it but on my last playthrough I easily won that match the trick is to never let them have the ball because they will score you just want to pass it around your team and waste time until times almost up then score yourself. I agree the comp has some bullshit shots though I remember facing the beast team and they shot from down their goal it reached my goal with a shot value of one my goalie had catch 17+ (cant remember exactly) and the sure hands skill and it still went in, luckily I still won the match though despite their cheating.

The only two times I have rage quit this gen are against Seth in SFIV and Alpha (whatever her name is) in DOA4 I just got so tired of their bullshit it wasnt worth persevering I dont break my stuff though I always have restraint as its my stuff I payed for it im not going to bust it up in anger, no ill just do something else to cool down for a bit.

Patrick Buck

Nov 14, 2011
Creator002 said:
1. Once when playing GTA IV at the part when Roman is kidnapped by Dimitri and is put in a warehouse. I cleared out the entire thing, shot the last guy using Roman as a shield and got Roman out.
When we got into the car waiting for us downstairs, I preceded to drive into a gas container lying perfectly on the ground which exploded, killing me and Roman. If GTA IV had checkpoints, I wouldn't have turned the Xbox off, but I couldn't continue after that until the next day.

2. Dragon Age 2, doing Merril's companion quest in act 2 to get the thing that repairs the mirror. I kept getting killed by the big spider thing.
If the little regular spiders didn't kill my whole party, that thing did because it spawned more regular spiders. I eventually just gave te PS3 version back to my friend (I was borrowing it) and bought it on PC to cheat past that part.
For the GTA4 one, I found a hilarious way to do that mission. Call the police, when you reach the warehouse, then walk in, and DON'T Shoot the gang members. The police then do the work, and you can keep calling MORE and MORE of them. Eventually it reached the point where I could just run straight through the warehouse shooting, and the police did nothing, because they were to focused on the mobsters, and completely ignored me. :') It was a good discovery, because I fucking HATED that mission, it made me RAGE.

Shadow flame master

Jul 1, 2011
When I played Battle Field 3 on the 360, I got pissed because I couldn't kill the guys coming in the 2nd floor of the abandoned mall due to a glitch. All of the enemies have flashlights on their guns, but for some reason, only one of the troopers had a flash light that glitched the game.

Needless to to say, I died (and rage quit) a lot that day.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
n00beffect said:
RJ 17 said:
:p The best Rage Quits always involve some property damage. May I ask what game you were playing that made you flip out like that?

:p And of course it's a bit embarrassing, they're ALWAYS embarrassing. That's why I opened up my OP with "I've done it, you've done it, we've ALL done it." No judging going on here, just a sharing of stories that, hopefully, we can all "look back and laugh on".
Worms World Party... yes, the Devil's spawn! Bloody wind, always blowing my rockets into my own worms, seriously like UGH!... Ok, ok, enough reminiscing; starting to get the fits again.
Ohhhhhhhh dude, the Worms game can bring out some pretty ragey rage quits.

"Yeah, 3 of my worms are already dead and I haven't even had a turn yet. That seems fair."

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
reminds me of playing terraria with the new patch I went to fight the wall of flesh so I can begin the new world I killed him but lost the pwnhammer in a pool of lava (accidently hit the drop button) which then meant I had to fight him again so I went to fight him on the hard world and HOLY HELL WAS HE AN ANNOYING SON OF ***** I mean before he was hard but now he went you're gonna get fucked hard I died so many times and said fuck it after the tenth time never fighting him again my friend just gave a new pwnhammer

also another one of my friends he bought final fantasy 13 and he hated it hated everything but kept playing it he got to the pope boss he said then kept dying it made him so mad he bit his controller (there was teeth marks) took the game out put it in it's case and threw it across the room and then gave it to me for my birthday

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
Patrick Buck said:
For the GTA4 one, I found a hilarious way to do that mission. Call the police, when you reach the warehouse, then walk in, and DON'T Shoot the gang members. The police then do the work, and you can keep calling MORE and MORE of them. Eventually it reached the point where I could just run straight through the warehouse shooting, and the police did nothing, because they were to focused on the mobsters, and completely ignored me. :') It was a good discovery, because I fucking HATED that mission, it made me RAGE.
That'd be really cool if Rockstar added more solutions to missions like that. Like instead of having to race some guy, find out where he lives and get his car towed. Or instead of shooting some guy, plant stuff in his car and call the police and get him arrested.

n00beffect

May 8, 2009
RJ 17 said:
n00beffect said:
RJ 17 said:

Ohhhhhhhh dude, the Worms game can bring out some pretty ragey rage quits.

"Yeah, 3 of my worms are already dead and I haven't even had a turn yet. That seems fair."

Tell me about it! or:

"Well, would you look at that, your worms are all positioned on/next to solid surfaces, with nothing explodable around them, while mine... Ha, well mine are all on floating barels in the water with a big sign on their heads saying 'seppuku my stupid ass'. Oh, what's that? The collectibles just happen to spawn on your turn. Well, that's just *dandy* I guess!"

srm79

Jan 31, 2010
Celtic_Kerr said:
tippy2k2 said:
I'm not 100% that "better" rage stories are good considering the interesting ones are going to involve a highly unnecessary lashing out in anger that's probably not very healthy but I know what you're going for. I hated myself [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/538.361147-So-very-angry] for doing this and have actually been much much better about it since realizing what an ass I'm making of myself but for your entertainment:

I was playing a match in FIFA 12. Someone at EA must be married to Cristiano Ronaldo because I swear to God that if he gets the ball, they'll get a goal no matter what. A shot from 50 yards out? GOAL! A cross with my big man in front of him? GOAL! Goalie boots it forward and Ronaldo dances past five of my guys? GOAL!

I could feel the rage building as goal after goal goes in. Finally, at 6-0, I threw my controller and shut my 360 down. A few chairs get punched and I'm pacing back and forth like a bull. One last kick...

I kick the garbage can, which flies into the bathroom. The plastic garbage can itself cracks and breaks. The can, while flying into the bathroom, hits the sliding door which shatters the wood around the magnetic strips that allows the door to close. The garbage can continues to fly and puts a large hole in the wall.

I'm really sorry, but this must be said...

GOAL!
Perhaps this would do too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDDH9ZdhtRA&feature=related

Karelwolfpup

Jul 5, 2012
First time I ever rage quit was on Soviet Strike for the PSOne, the third campaign level (was about 11, maybe twelve at the time?). Just kept running out of fuel all the time and there was never any around that wasn't the other side of the map from me, surrounded by AAA, SAMs, an orgy of tanks or all of the above. Even worse were those damned SKAR rocket launchers. They'd just chew me up like I was nothing.
I never got past that level honestly (i.e. without cheats) until a few years ago when I dusted off the PSOne and had a crack at it. Beat it second try somehow. Guess I'm a better gamer nowadays? *shrugs*

Anything with multiplayer tends to cause a ragequit or at the very least a cooling off period every so often. You try to be sneaky and skirt around the edge of the map then you run into four or five guys and get owned in a millisecond. In World of Tanks that feeling can be worse due to matchmaker placing me in a light tank designed in the 30s, with less armour than an envelope and a gun that can't do shit in terms of damage nevermind penetration, against heavy tanks from the 50s with 100+mm guns and 200+mms of armour, typically sloped armour at that. If I'm not one shotted immediately, I'm tracked and have to wait for someone to finish me off. My only hope is to run and hide and maybe try for the other team's arty or lighter vehicles.

In terms of ragequiting because of bugs ingame, I'd say Fallout New Vegas was my worst experience of a game that was poorly designed. Even with patches, quests were broken, I got some really weird graphical glitches and freezes and even moments where my PS3 would just suddenly shut itself off and restart. It killed my interest in New Vegas dead. Which is a damned shame, because I actually liked it when it wasn't being weird with me, especially considering how much a fan of the ingame universe Fallout3 made me.

On a different note entirely, why does Bethesda only ever hire something like 3 voice actors per game? (exaggeration on my part, but that's how it feels)

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
The notorious spawn traps in Call of Duty 4 never failed to build the rage