Rebecca Black is gone.

enriquetnt

Mar 20, 2010
Zulnam said:
Is it really that great of a feeling to pick on a teenager that made a wrong choice in her life? I mean, honestly, who didn't want to do a retarded thing when he/she was 15? The only difference is we were couldn't and/or where stopped.
She didn't have somebody to stop her, or even worse, she had somebody who encouraged her to create what can be described, at best, as a mediocre song. She's not the real monster, the people who promoted her are. This kid might end up with serious psychological issues because of this song and the general opinion it got.

Also, saying the song is bullshit is debatable. As shitty as it may be, she's probably made millions of bucks while we're on a forum talking about her video. Somehow I think the roles here aren't that clear.
THE difference is that our collectives messups werent filmed on video and put on youtube for the whole wolrld to laugh at us (EVEN if it makes her a ton of money id rather have my dignity)

intheweeds

Apr 6, 2011
Odbarc said:
It's Saturday. Yesterday was Friday.
hahaha! *presents award*

On behalf of the Ecapist Forums, I am pleased to present you with this award for 'forum joke of the week'. You have surely brought honor your family on this day!

GingieAle

May 2, 2011
DesiPrinceX09 said:
Excellent! But I'm afraid it's not over my fellow escapists, another great evil (dare I say GREATER evil) still resides on youtube. The song I am talking about? My jeans...Which in my opinion is even worse and even more stupid.

Click if you dare...and judge for yourself which is worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DwT_2QQU64
I still think she's trolling, there's no way anyone can be that horrible... or god help us.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
So now I can't bother my friends with that awful song? Aww, what a shame. I'm not sure how removing it from youtube is going to make anyone forget her though.

Rasputin1

Don't panic
Apr 6, 2010
DesiPrinceX09 said:
Excellent! But I'm afraid it's not over my fellow escapists, another great evil (dare I say GREATER evil) still resides on youtube. The song I am talking about? My jeans...Which in my opinion is even worse and even more stupid.

I think I just lost some of my IQ from watching that..

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
I feel a little sad that I never actually listened to the song all the way through... Or maybe I should count myself lucky?

Also the title of this thread makes it sound like she passed away :p

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
Zulnam said:
Is it really that great of a feeling to pick on a teenager that made a wrong choice in her life? I mean, honestly, who didn't want to do a retarded thing when he/she was 15?
Can you really call it a retarded thing to do though? It doesn't matter how many people laugh at you, for the money she must have made I'd have the whole world think I'm a dick. But yeah I agree, hate the song not the singer. Although I've not seen anything negative against Rebecca Black herself in this thread.

littlebunnyfifi

Jul 12, 2010
TheYellowCellPhone said:
I feel bad for Black, a teenager whose only bit of fame will be that she created what many call the worst song. At least she could acknowledge the fact, until she finally removed it.
I seconded this. I actually don't like her parents for thinking it was smart to waste a ton of money to make a music video of their child who really can't sing that well. You need to give them lessons first and then maybe do that.

monkey_man

Jul 5, 2009
Hamhandderhard said:
Eh, it was just a terrible song and it feels like yesterday I had this dark and terrible feeling when I heard it the first time. Now I pity Ms. Black and I wish her the best in her life. I mean, imagine, no matter how well you do in life the rest of the world just remembers you as a person who did a god awful song. What a shame.
Today's saturday. So yesterday .. I couldn't help noticing
Cunning bastard.
You win this day, YOU WIN THIS DAY!!

Anyway, I say good riddance. Now Bieber has to go as well, with all the other YouTube sing stars. and the internet will be safe(r).

AgDr_ODST

Cortana's guardian
Oct 22, 2009
Irridium said:
LobsterFeng said:
She's already got a ton of money, seriously Friday went Platinum.
Not surprising, considering how much her haters advertised her song.
its funny actually people discovered it and were like "WTF this is shit" and told thier friends....who watched it.who told thier friends....etc so ultimately she has the haters to thank for her success. all in all i call that shit funny X3

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
TheYellowCellPhone said:
I feel bad for Black, a teenager whose only bit of fame will be that she created what many call the worst song. At least she could acknowledge the fact, until she finally removed it.
Nah, there's a worse one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DwT_2QQU64
The other song was just stupid. This one is actually creepy, not just for how bad it is, but for how this twelve-year-old girl unintentionally sexualizes herself with some of her lyrics.

Jegsimmons

Nov 14, 2010
muahahahahahahhahahahahahahah!!!!!!! if only justin bieber would give it up now. we can reclaim music again!!

AquaAscension

Sep 29, 2009
v3nge said:
Black wanted it removed as the record label were trying to charge per view or something ridiculous. Trying to extort money from the viral hit. Well 'viral hit' might not be the best wording...
Nah, just fine. It hit like a damn virus.

DesiPrinceX09 said:

Why? Just why?

What bugs me about this atrocity beyond the fact that it is literally a song about being so stupid that you think cause and effect is backwards (they're wearing clothes just like me rather than the truth of you're trying to copy them, poser)... what bugs me more is the camera work and such young girls objectifying themselves. Great. Also putting fashion... okay so no one is stupid enough to be influenced by this video and I'm just over reacting, right? Right? Someone tells me it's all gonna be okay. Or give me a lot of alcohol.

Odbarc

Elite Member
Jun 30, 2010
intheweeds said:
Odbarc said:
It's Saturday. Yesterday was Friday.
hahaha! *presents award*

On behalf of the Ecapist Forums, I am pleased to present you with this award for 'forum joke of the week'. You have surely brought honor your family on this day!
A thousand honors upon me by a thousand honorable viewers. I am grateful to have served.

saphirekosmos

Dec 25, 2008
DesiPrinceX09 said:

Wow. I think this has to be the worst music video ever. It was so bad my computer BSODed just so it didn't have to play any more of it. >XD

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Here's a question: did this song get persistent airtime, or did you all just go and watch it on YouTube whilst thinking dark thoughts about the human condition?
Because I never once heard it on the radio, and it's hard to see how she has 'polluted' anything. Sure, she embarrassed herself. But she probably also made a lot of money in the process by doing something she enjoyed.