Remove one game from existence

TheDrunkNinja

Jun 12, 2009
Aurora Firestorm said:
Final Fantasy 2, so Square/Squeenix would have GONE ON TO OTHER THINGS DARNIT. (Like making that real sequel to Chrono Trigger.) Alternatively, FFVII, just to spite all the fans who are causing Squeenix to pump out endless weird extensions of that game. Why has this one game spawned so many freaking side games?
Actually, since much of the mechanics and inspiration from the subsequent Final Fantasy sequels went into making Chrono Trigger, the Chrono Trigger that you know wouldn't exist either and instead be replaced by a new beast entirely, whether for good or ill. See how hard this is?

TheSteeleStrap

May 7, 2008
My biggest disappointment in gaming has been Blacksite: Area 51. I've stated this many times. If Blacksite never existed, I wouldn't have to think about it when I remember the old Area 51, one of my top shooters ever.

aguspal

Aug 19, 2012
I honestly cant think of any game that made me THAT angry so I can delete it from history just like that, simply because I know for a fact than some other people like it.

All of the games have a purpose, I belive. Even the horrible ones like Superman 64, Big rigs and whatnot are good for a laugh or two for some people. Same as ET, althougt this one playing a big part on the videogames crash makes it the closest to a game I would like to delete from history, but still, we dont know if videogames would necessarily handle better without ET simply because we dont know how the story would progress from there.

So yeah, I dont wish to delete any game from existence, even what I consider the absolute most horrible, boring, overrated game that I have ever played ; Dragon Age: Origins (You have SO dissapointed me), But still, theres people who like that stuff, then let it live, why should I kill it?

And COD dosnt deserves to be killed either. No game does IMO.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
I'm going to have to say Final Fantasy VII seeing as that was the main point when JRPG's tried to make everyone of their characters as angsty as possible and started making games with more cutscenes than actual gameplay.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
Rapelay.

it's a game that hasn't had much impact in the world (I think) and a game entierly about rape just shouldn't exist.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Well I could say something that's well known as being horrible, such as ET or Big Rigs, but you have to remember that without them, there would be no hilariously bad games to make fun of.

I say Call of Duty 4 then, I enjoyed it, but since it's came out, online gaming in those games are full of trickshotters, people with too many Xs in their names, and quickscope montages.

Byere

Jan 8, 2009
So many to choose from.. but straight off, Call of Duty.

No, not the 4th one, I mean the first one. Without it, none of the others could be created. All round win if you ask me.

Burig

Nov 8, 2010
Fallout: New vegas.
Was just miles behind Fallout 3, it's only redeeming thing was the DLC Old World Blues, which I suppose was worht the money, but when I finished that, I just felt incredibly bored by going back to the dead landscape with unlikable characters.
I am aware that it may not be the worst game made, however the worst games even have some redeeming features - they are considered the worst, and thus allow game devs to know what to avoid doing, thus actually being helpful, while NV was liked by a fair few people, and thus is worse. I just hope FO4 isn't going to suffer the same fate.

Captcha: They ate it.

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
BoredWalker said:
Definitely Metroid: Other M, along with any ideas to make it the new direction for the series.
THIS! It added nothing to gaming, the controls were terrible, the story was garbage and it assassinated the reputation of gaming's strongest female lead and creating possibly the strongest example for sexism in video games.

This game needs to be removed from existence 5 minutes after Team Ninja's 2 week waterboarding session for perpetrating such a crime.

Theres alot of bad games out there but this one was purely destructive.

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
I'd probably say Duke Nukem Forever, it just seemed better when it was still just a joke in development hell

PrinceOfShapeir

Mar 27, 2011
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, one of the most vile things to ever touch the Star Wars brand and -that- is saying something.

BytByte

Nov 26, 2009
I'd pick Starcraft to see how competitive gaming evolved, hopefully with less RTS.

Danoloto

Sep 10, 2008
Djinn8 said:
Danoloto said:
i see your Golden Eye,

and raise you Wolfenstien 3D

FPS's don't even GET to exists :D
Technically if you're going that route you would need to get rid of the early dungeon hack games like Alkabeth, which in turn inspired ID to create Catacomb 3D (action oriented dungon hack), which in turn led to Wolfenstein.

My choice however would probably be Diablo 3, because when all is done, the seven seal are broken, the angels sound the final horn of judgment and my life is laid bare before me, my purchase of that game will stand as a black mark damning my eternal soul to the very pits of corporate hell it was concieved in.
Witchcraft. How did you quote me, when that wasn't even what I had typed in the first place?

Also, I find playing Diablo 3 with some friends hilarious. Especially because the wizard in our group never plays games apart from the sims and rollercoaster tycoon.

My word, I typed myself into thinking what would happen when The Sims franchise would disappear. That would leave the whole casual gaming scene as we know it to day very differently.

Lancer873

Oct 10, 2009
I love how everyone forgot the first Modern Warfare was actually damn good and wasn't at all a gun-obsessed crying eagle of a pure "'MERICUN" game. The second one, however... Well... Even if it wasn't made, there'd still be the trend. Maybe if I could make it so that it simply sucked hard and therefore bombed in terms of sales, that'd certainly change history.

Otherwise... Hrm... I think I'd... wait a second. *puts on armor* I'd go for a Final Fantasy game, possibly FF7. Not because they weren't good games, but because I wish Japan hadn't gone overboard on the turn-based RPGs (my least favorite genre) business when they made some of the best platformers and action-RPGs (my two favorite genres) that there ever were. TBRPG has become the Japanese equivalent of the American FPS and I am not fond of that, so if I could stop that from happening you better believe I'd do it. That's just my opinion though and I know I'll get flamed to hell because of it, but there it is.

Upon further reflection, I'm unsure... It would indeed decrease the proliferation of TBRPGs, but then again it might have killed off some of Square's great Action RPGs like Legend of Mana... I guess I would've gone for FF2. Keep the success but kill the series.

Blood Brain Barrier said:
Diablo. Began the real-time action RPG genre and killed off anything turn-based.
... Hello, my nemesis...
Even though we're talking two separate action-RPG genres... We should seriously call Diablo's genre "RPG-action" or just "Real-time-RPG."

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
Aris Khandr said:
Goldeneye. And just like that, the console obsession with FPS games is gone. I wonder what this generation would have looked like in that world.
Thing is, a different "Goldeneye" would have been made. It was only a matter of time.

Also, by eliminating Goldeneye, you also potentially eliminate or at least change Banjo & Kazooie

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Ohhhh I've got one that'll really piss people off.....

Final Fantasy 9. If they cut the series off at 8 by never making a 9, none of the games made after 9 would exist either.

***** all you want, but do the math and you'll KNOW I'd be right to rid the world of every FF after 8. :p

And really, I would have said 8, but I let that give that one a pass as just being the START of the downhill slide for the series. My only real complaints are that the junction system made it ridiculously easy, and that pretty much every character in the game was an over-acting emo. The card game was fun, though, once you get a handle on the ridiculously complex rules...or just make it so that the entire world only plays by the rules you like.

I would have said 7 just so it'd rid the world of a lot of fanboys/fangirls. >:3

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
AndrewF022 said:
ET for the Atari 2600.

Just because of its importance in the industries crash in 1983... sometimes I wonder what would have happened if that game was never made...

Like would Atari still be making consoles? Probably not, but its interesting to ponder haha.
I second this. It seems like the only non selfish answer.

Aurora Firestorm

May 1, 2008
TheDrunkNinja said:
Aurora Firestorm said:
Final Fantasy 2, so Square/Squeenix would have GONE ON TO OTHER THINGS DARNIT. (Like making that real sequel to Chrono Trigger.) Alternatively, FFVII, just to spite all the fans who are causing Squeenix to pump out endless weird extensions of that game. Why has this one game spawned so many freaking side games?
Actually, since much of the mechanics and inspiration from the subsequent Final Fantasy sequels went into making Chrono Trigger, the Chrono Trigger that you know wouldn't exist either and instead be replaced by a new beast entirely, whether for good or ill. See how hard this is?
...I have always kind of resented the idea that "Chrono Trigger is just another Final Fantasy game." But fine, I'll go with killing FFVII. Or at least whichever Final Fantasy has the stupid equip-spells-as-items system, because then maybe Chrono Cross would have had a *decent* battle system...