Rumor: Halo: Combat Evolved Remake Likely in 2011

-Ulven-

Nov 18, 2009
In Yathzees word. Beat the dead horse with a bat, the spastic movements will at least give some sence of activity.

Sheez.. I thought we were done with this franchise to get something better going.

Noctis_XZ

Jan 26, 2011
-Ulven- said:
In Yathzees word. Beat the dead horse with a bat, the spastic movements will at least give some sence of activity.

Sheez.. I thought we were done with this franchise to get something better going.
That's exactly what this is. And it's hilarious because the same kind of people who moan and groan that the Final Fantasy series should go off into that good night will loudly and gladly shout from the mountain tops how great of an idea this is.. since it's Halo of course

-Ulven-

Nov 18, 2009
Noctis_XZ said:
-Ulven- said:

That's exactly what this is. And it's hilarious because the same kind of people who moan and groan that the Final Fantasy series should go off into that good night will loudly and gladly shout from the mountain tops how great of an idea this is.. since it's Halo of course
At least the FF series tries out with different characters, story line, plot (well kinda). Halo is the same überguy vs. aliens... again, and again. It reached a conclusion wit the 3'rd then they milked it into an prequel and people loved it. And now they are going to do what movie studios does... "revive the classic"

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
standokan said:
Wolfram01 said:
standokan said:
I'm gonna go ahead and say what everyone thinks LAME.
Yep. This isn't exactly a good thing. I'm sure fanboys and girls will scoop it up, afterall that is the only people they can target with this type of thing.

This is one of those times that I think gamers really need to make a stand and speak with their wallets.
When the revolution starts, you have my bow.
And my power as a Relaity Warping immortal demon. Against the Halo fandom, youre going to need it.

OT: In case you didnt figure it out from what I already said, I think the mere premise of a remake is pants-on-head retarded.

Fun fact: Pants-on-head retarded came from Yahtzees review of Halo 3.

Sentox6

Jun 30, 2008
Woodsey said:
Is this to show people that they really have been playing the same game for the past 10 years?

I mean, WHY? If you insist on carrying on with Halo, do something new with it for once.
Perspective is an amazing thing. I despise Halo: Reach for the myriad of ways in which it destroyed classic Halo gameplay.

Anyway, if they add competitive matchmaking to this, it'll be the best thing to happen to Xbox LIVE.... well, ever. Otherwise, it'll be non-event for me.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
The remake is said to be in development at Saber Interactive, known for Timeshift [http://www.amazon.com/Timeshift-Pc/dp/B000HMQE8S/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1296840935&sr=1-3].
Aaand, my interest is lost.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Timbydude said:
I hate to say it, but the original Halo is held on a pedestal by most people purely because of nostalgia. The subsequent games were far superior to the original.

I just don't see the point of this remake. Maybe if they change up the level design and balance, then it'll be on par with recent entries like Reach. But otherwise, this seems somewhat frivolous.
Speak for yourself. I still enjoy playing the game from time to time.

Sean Strife

Jan 29, 2010
ZeroAE said:
Gonna buy it.I just get my 360 last year , and I am in love with the franchise. Maybe they will add content from the books. Havent played Halo 1 or 2 yet , so I will wait for the remake.
Dude, you can buy the original Halo on XBLA for download.

Anoson

Dec 10, 2010
Oh goody good good. If this is the case, I have to make the choice between Halo and Skyrim for my birthday. Halo is spot on the day and Skyrim is just four days before. Truly a new moral dilemma?

Murais

Sep 11, 2007
Cool. Can we keep out the stupid weeaboo bullshit like energy swords and gravity hammers? AND DO I GET MAH PISTOL BACK?!?

Blank Kold

Aug 24, 2010
Not really anything new; they've remade ce 3 times now. This time they just won't bother changing the name.

cthulhumythos

Aug 28, 2009
Noctis_XZ said:
If this article has any merit to it than I find myself seriously wondering how stupid 343 thinks the Halo fan base is..

I'm not here to bash on Halo all day but a game that's barely 10 years old being remade.. let alone a game that isn't exactly what those who worship it claim it to be, it's absurd. I just don't understand the mindset that the people who absolutely love this game have. But than again I'm a die hard Final Fantasy fan but at least I can acknowledge it's flaws and don't fawn over it. Come to think of it.. Halo is going to be the Final Fantasy of the FPS genre!

Ever since the second Halo game I've said many.. many.. many times that Bungie should just quit the act and release the game for all it really is, multiplayer. Don't try and justify a $60 price tag by tagging on a mediocre single player game that doesn't last that long at all. 343 should do the same.. just release a multiplayer version of Halo with the original maps with the not so upgraded.. upgraded graphics and charge $30 if you have to do it at all. But than again over the span of the Halo games I've found myself with each new game finding myself playing on maps that seem oddly familiar.. like I've been there before..

That is all!
and what about us fans who aren't hugely into multiplayer...?

it seems to me, when it comes to halo, is that you either love it, or you hate how theres so much praise going to such a bland, mediocre game.

that said, i don't know if i'll buy this reanimated carcass because it reminds me of the deceased game franchise i had loved. and theres a chance it would rot and stink up the place. (tad bit of a strained metaphor, but you get my meaning)