Rumor: New WoW: Cataclysm Playable Races Leaked

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
NekoiHiokans said:
How do furries have any thing to do with Blood Elfs??????? And I don't play WoW, but I have a hatred of furries.
Is it the whining, "PAY ATTENTION TO ME" type you hate, the "lol yiff lol" type, or just Anthropomorphic creature designs outright?

Just curious. I strongly dislike both of the former, and yet consider myself a fan of "furry" character designs. I like the styling of non-human humanoids, be they based on an animal or alien. It's all xeno-human to me. That is... I like "furry" characters, but rarely their authors, roleplayers or "lifestylers".

Du Jour Jaricho

Aug 10, 2009
NekoiHiokans said:
Du Jour Jaricho said:
NekoiHiokans said:
Du Jour Jaricho said:
NekoiHiokans said:
hansari said:
NekoiHiokans said:
*sigh* Do really need more WoW??? And why in the hell is the Alliance getting furries, can Blizzard not see that furries are not wanted?
There tapping into a brand new market...of furries lovers...
I can't wait for /b/ or Encyclopedia Dramatica to get a hold of this...Blizzard is slowly going to kill the internet.
You don't even know what you are talking about...WoW already has a race with fur, and it's one of the most popular horde races in the game. (There is fact another race that supposedly also has fur, though it isn't entirely clear)
I know that there is a race with fur, I referring to the fact that now the Alliance freaks are going to get furries...the internet is going to die that this officially announced...
You're reasoning fails to explain the Blood Elf pandemic...
How do furries have any thing to do with Blood Elfs??????? And I don't play WoW, but I have a hatred of furries.
Then how do you have any ground to stand on in this argument if you've never played? What the fuck do you think is going to happen? Do you think all the furries will come and play Alliance with this new race? That same thing can happen with Tauren! Or do you think Alliance players will play the Worgens and do "weird things"? Blood Elves prove this wrong, when they were released they attracted a lot of the idiot twelve year olds from the Alliance to the Horde. What really should happen is that Tauren players would be interested in playing Wargens. I hate people like you, people who have never played WoW but think they know everything about it because they've read about it on internet forums...And I especially people who stereotype the Alliance...

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
swaki said:
goblins? as a former horde member i must say that sounds sad, the alliance gets werewolf's and they get smaller orcs.

on the other hand the female werewolf's will probably look like something from weird pron, so yer small orcs sounds slightly better.
Aside from the fact that goblins had been part of the horde since warcraft 2, making them the second oldest horde race after the orcs.

Du Jour Jaricho

Aug 10, 2009
Asehujiko said:
swaki said:
goblins? as a former horde member i must say that sounds sad, the alliance gets werewolf's and they get smaller orcs.

on the other hand the female werewolf's will probably look like something from weird pron, so yer small orcs sounds slightly better.
Aside from the fact that goblins had been part of the horde since warcraft 2, making them the second oldest horde race after the orcs.
I've read through a lot of the WoW forum and Goblins are actually one of the most wanted races to join the Horde as a playable race...

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
theultimateend said:
The fact they never added a Neutral race disappointed me. It is very easy to create a shallow war game story, which they ended up doing. When you add in a third party "The scissors to the otherwise dull game of rock vs. Paper." it puts in a paradigm that helps keep things rather on edge.
When Burning Crusade was announced, I was really hoping for a third "outsider" faction of Nagas, Ogres, Goblins and... somebody else, I've forgotten now. The We're So Pretty Blood Elves were an obvious gambit to give the Horde a "beautiful" race, and the spacegoats Draenei were the balance (even though they're about 25% on the Furrymeter, as opposed to the Tauren's 75%). The Light being a product of alien crystal people was... honestly, I just don't know where that came from.

I would love to see the Alliance finally suffer a schism based on King Varian Wrynn's batshit insanity and revenge-fantasy hatred of the Horde. To put it in terms of Disney cartoons, the Alliance has always been the Gummi Bears (la de da, we hold hands and sing songs together because we get along soooo well) opposed to the Horde's Gargoyles (we eat internal strife and self-doubt for breakfast). Allowing a distrusted faction of therianthropic (that's werewolf for the vocabulatory-challenged) outcasts into the Alliance could shake things up storyline-wise.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
I want my Murloc shammy!

Also why would we whine about Alliance getting furries. We already have a leathery cow counterpart (That's right....The Trolls.)

Deometran

Mar 8, 2009
Finally Alliance furries and Goblins! Enough to make me start playing again..
I expected Furblogs..

Twilightruler

Jul 3, 2009
Well if this is true then im definitely going to congratulate Blizzard for further screwing with Warcraft lore....Swear to god Blizzard's developers team must have a superior hatred for everything they ever worked to accomplish..Can't wait for the pink bunny boss that shoots you with magic rainbow rays of happiness and friendship. Thank god I quit...

Stevato

Oct 3, 2008
Du Jour Jaricho said:
NekoiHiokans said:
BobisOnlyBob said:
NekoiHiokans said:
Is it the whining, "PAY ATTENTION TO ME" type you hate, the "lol yiff lol" type, or just Anthropomorphic creature designs outright?

Just curious. I strongly dislike both of the former, and yet consider myself a fan of "furry" character designs. I like the styling of non-human humanoids, be they based on an animal or alien. It's all xeno-human to me. That is... I like "furry" characters, but rarely their authors, roleplayers or "lifestylers".
I hate the "PAY ATTENTION TO ME!" type, they are the ones who have a special place in hell reserved for them. The "lol yiff lol" are easy to ignore...I just have a thing against attention whores really...
Du Jour Jaricho said:
Then how do you have any ground to stand on in this argument if you've never played? What the fuck do you think is going to happen? Do you think all the furries will come and play Alliance with this new race? That same thing can happen with Tauren! Or do you think Alliance players will play the Worgens and do "weird things"? Blood Elves prove this wrong, when they were released they attracted a lot of the idiot twelve year olds from the Alliance to the Horde. What really should happen is that Tauren players would be interested in playing Wargens. I hate people like you, people who have never played WoW but think they know everything about it because they've read about it on internet forums...And I especially people who stereotype the Alliance...
Do you realize the more you hate me, the happier I get...so yes, hate me...entertain me...you annoy me cause you are defending a game that needs to die...it doesn't need any more damn expansion packs...
You are an idiot.
This is perhaps the shiniest example of pure unadulterated ignorance I have seen in a long time.

WoW needs to die? If i re-call millions of people still play and ENJOY it. So it must be crap if it it attracts that many players....

Jesus people, I was under the impression that this was a discussion about the rumored new classes. Keep the WoW hate out

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
theultimateend said:
I've always looked at WoW as the shining example of quality control. They force all other competition to actually do something new and fresh.
Yet no company has put out a game that is innovative and polished since WOW's record subs. No game is considered to be successful by new corporate standards. There isnt even 1 western MMO that has over 1 million players besides WOW much less their Truth like statistics of over 11 million. Almost every AAA game since has been a clone of some degree.

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
Goblins? Oh hells yes! I was getting worried that they were going to saddle Horde with another publicity stunt race and make BC happen all over again! But now we get the goblins as formal allies? Bring me the tech, you green bastards, and paint it red to go faster! This actually works out awesomely, as Horde didn't really have a tech race until now, and alliance have been whining about not having a brutal, bestial race for ages. It will be interesting to see how many people shift faction to go wolf. It also makes sense why you're seeing taller goblins around the place, as they're reworking the model to make it playable and fit lore (They're dwarf-sized, not gnome-sized).

That said, I can see the rogues days of being the least played class (Look it up, it's true) are over, as every worgen and his dog form are going to be rolling rogue for sheer WTFPWN factor.

Nothing replaces skill however, doggies, and i'll gut you like I gut all alliance scrubs!

This is good, good news for all.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
And yet another reason for me to rejoin WoW is revealed. I'm more interested in the goblins than the worgen, honestly, but any mention of new WoW races is enough to get me interested. I'll have to keep an eye on this one.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
tehroc said:
theultimateend said:
I've always looked at WoW as the shining example of quality control. They force all other competition to actually do something new and fresh.
Yet no company has put out a game that is innovative and polished since WOW's record subs. No game is considered to be successful by new corporate standards. There isnt even 1 western MMO that has over 1 million players besides WOW much less their Truth like statistics of over 11 million. Almost every AAA game since has been a clone of some degree.
What AAA game? As far as I've seen every other MMO has fallen to negligable subscriptions. It's not AAA to me unless its successful. However you proved me point (well ok you didn't but you supported it). There has been no successor since it came out, because nobody has tried to make something better, they may say they tried but their products show a complete lack of such things.

Once an MMO comes out that breaks the mold in a fun way it'll be super popular. Until then you'll just see a bunch of dead MMO's around WoW :p.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009
Delmar Wynn said:
unacomn said:
Great, furries. Now everyone from Second Life will join the alliance.
I fail to see why this is a problem? Alliance and Furries seems like a perfectly normal course of action. And honestly I would prefer that everyone from Second Life join the Alliance instead of the Horde. That way we can slaughter all of them and take cheap vinyl tails covered in sticky fluids that we shall remain willfully ignorant to as trophies.
Fixed it for you.

Also, I think it may be time I put some extra hours into my Horde characters.

If I so much as hear two worgen "yiffing", I'm deleting all my Alliance eighties immediately and suing Blizzard for psychological damage.

Jenkins

Dec 4, 2007
I only ever see myself EVER playing WoW again IF both AION and KOTORO fail >.>

lewiswhitling

May 18, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
not a zaar said:
The game that won't die continues not dying.
And why should it? People still enjoy it and still enjoy playing it.
Enjoy?! ENJOY!?! can't put it down more like.. what would middle earth have done if it hadn't recognized the difference? i put it to you sir.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
SODAssault said:
Delmar Wynn said:
unacomn said:
Great, furries. Now everyone from Second Life will join the alliance.
I fail to see why this is a problem? Alliance and Furries seems like a perfectly normal course of action. And honestly I would prefer that everyone from Second Life join the Alliance instead of the Horde. That way we can slaughter all of them and take cheap vinyl tails covered in sticky fluids that we shall remain willfully ignorant to as trophies.
Fixed it for you.

Also, I think it may be time I put some extra hours into my Horde characters.

If I so much as hear two worgen "yiffing", I'm deleting all my Alliance eighties immediately and suing Blizzard for psychological damage.
Why not sue the wargen furries for psych damage while you're at it? Blizzard probably has more than enough competent lawyers, but the furries....

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
Du Jour Jaricho said:
Harbinger_ said:
Thank god I never got into it. This sounds horrible.
In what way? Which furthers my belief that the Escapist community is completely biased against WoW and MMOs in general.
You wouldn't be too far off, it seems. In my time here, I've noticed that a vast majority of members here - most of whom are avid gamers, otherwise - act the same way towards WoW that someone completely uneducated in gaming would, with unnecessary disdain and sweeping generalizations. Just once, I would like to be able to look into a WoW thread without the first page being filled with "WoW sucks and should die, it's so boring, etc." comments.