Rumor: No Half-Life 2: Episode 3 in 2010

Aft3rShock

May 2, 2008
Who's to say Episode 3 will have to be episodic in the sense that it will only be 3-5 hours? They have so many things to tie up and explain that HL2:E3 will likely be a "full-fledged" game as far as length goes. There a huge to-do list (which I won't mention specifics as they are almost all spoilers) that Valve has to take care of. They are probably still trying to tie up everything in Ep 3, and after they're done they have to playtest like crazy like they always do.

But it should be in the works. There was an escapist article if I remember correctly that talked abt Episode 3 and sign language. The sign language part was interesting, but what was more interesting was that it showed that Valve actually was working on Ep 3.... at least at some point.

Ben Legend

Apr 16, 2009
Delaying this year, I like to think that it will be Half Life 3, not episode 3. Time will tell.

Superasil

Trapped inside a Game.
Sep 30, 2009
Ok, im really thinking that it will never come out now.

getting depressed, really wanted to play it... oh well.

Here's hoping that it will be really good, with them spending so much time on it and all.

Sep 18, 2009
My view:

Okay Valve, FUCK THE TF2 UPDATES, FUCK LEFT 4 DEAD, AND RELEASE IT! I LOVE YOU GUYS BUT I'M BEING FORCED TO MAKE UP MY OWN EPISODE 3 IN MY HEAD. *breaks down to tears*

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
A long time (sorry I cannot find the reference link) I read that the reason Episode 3 was taking so long was due to a overhaul of the Source engine. So in theory we could see a huge graphical overhaul to Episode 3 which I think would be awesome.

I too am one of the fanboys who was really hoping that after L4D2 was done that I would hear a definitive response on Portal 2 or Episode 3. Guess I'll just go back to playing the various games in my collection still in wrappers....

CptPanda29

Apr 8, 2009
WOO! IT'S DUKE NUKEM FOREVER ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

Seriously they have different teams working on different games, otherwise they'd be no updates to TF2 while L4D2 was in production.

amppi1236

Jul 27, 2009
Furburt said:
You know what? I don't care. I'm trying very hard to not care.

However, if it turns out that the game gets released on the same engine, with minor graphical upgrades, a couple of new enemies and no new guns, then you'll be reading about the infamous 'Valve Corporation Massacre' very quickly.
If it happens, I want to be the guy who shoots valve peoples heads off with a shotgun.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
a FFS! L4D(2) isnt that bad but I realy would like to see an end Valve Soft in a few years people will make jokes similair to the DNF jokes about EP3

Hashbrick

Mar 20, 2009
Here's the deal, valve doesn't disappoint when it comes to delays. I'm sure we all remember HL2 and that lovely wait, but it came with a brand new engine, a physics engine no less. If there is a wait there is a reason for it. I'm thinking it is a vamped up source engine v2 perhaps, being tested/first designed using HL2 epi 3.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
I really wish they'd quit updating TF2, put the updates for L4D2 on hold for a bit and just put the Half Life fanboys out of their misery and release Episode 3 already.
It's like they're trying their best to make me hate them, [sub]but how can I stay mad at them?[/sub]

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
God-fuckin'-dammit.

Well, I've come to expect this sort of behaviour from Valve. It'd better be damn good when it comes out.

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

...Ah, whatever. We've got plenty of other games to play in 2010 if now HL2: Ep3. We just need to stop waiting for it, and it'll come eventually. Although the guys at Valve could use a swift kick in the rear, you know?

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Ranooth said:
Ummm TF2 is already out John, its quite awesome :D
I think he's talking about updates and such.

OT:Damn.We'll I can´t say that i´m surprised.

Icehearted

Jul 14, 2009
Someday we'll tell our grandchildren how great Half Life 2 was, which should be right around the time they release episode 3.

Episodic content... yeah, that was a great idea.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
y is it than these two (Blizzard and Valve) are my favorite development studios!

I think im coming down with Stockholm Syndrome <.<

p.s. minor fav being Publisher THQ and Developer Relic Entertainment. they gave me 2 products that catered to my old love WWII and Warhammer40k in a genre i first played Online with, RTS

Starcraft being my first Online game, Half-life being my first shooter \o/