Scott Cawthon (FNaF guy) cancelled

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
You are right. But the squeaky wheel is getting the grease and that's why we see a lot of what we are seeing now.

It's why warning labels exist.
When I think of existential threats, warning labels are not something that necessarily comes up. As far as I'm concerned, what we are witnessing is some minor growing pains in the entertainment industry as it becomes truly global and a new equilibrium and status quo will be reached one way or another. Regardless, people will still make art and some of it will still be transgressive.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
It *wasn't* breaking the ToS until a bunch of puritans hounded Twitch into changing the rules. You constantly get annoyed at people who stream the wrong way

And you won't find anybody defending doxing and harassment, until "harassment" is defined as merely criticism you don't like.
It used to be against Twitch TOS for women Streamers to stream without a shirt / top on and her thighs now 100% covered.

As a reminder this got a streamer banned from twitch in the past.

That clip there. That's it. That shows how much the standards have changed without clear rules.

As for doxxing and harassment. No people keep trying to deflect by throwing out the strawman claim that people are actually just wanting to ban valid criticism.

As an example, LGBTQ equality has been a problem for a long fucking time and it's only in living memory that we've gotten around to actually talking about it, nevermind doing anything about it. Or do you have a different take on it?

And spare me the apocalyptic doom and gloom. You do not have the first idea what goes on in the arts and entertainment industry.
So about the fact Quentin Tarantino himself has come out against the idea of woke culture?............

Yeah, how dare somebody not like somebody else personally. It's valid to not buy an Ubisoft game because they're grindy open world messes, but if you don't buy an Ubisoft game because the corporate leadership is a bunch of scum, that's cancel culture baby!
Except in this case it's based on the assumption the CEO knew enough of what was going on and refused to act and people want his him gone because of that assumption.
Now I don't buy Ubisoft games due to the Microtransactions anyway.
But in this case people want the CEO gone because of something he might have known was going on. Not that there's any evidence he did just that he might.
However people can choose to buy or not buy products for whatever reason they like. What I find weird is why Ubisoft? Why them when many other companies have had similar controversies? Why are people so determined with Ubisoft when arguably Ubisoft addressed the claims more openly and strongly than other companies and vowed to try and learn from mistakes and do better.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
The market is already evolving due to a natural phenomenon: tastes changing over time. Part of the nature of culture is its impermanence. Like the life that creates it, culture is in a perpetual state of flux. And most of what people decry as political correctness and wokeness is just people who used to be the butt of jokes having platforms now to say, "Fuck all'a y'all."

Transgression is part of art, I don't disagree. And there is not necessarily any one "right" way to do it, but there a lot more wrong ways to do it. Besides, the plain truth at the end of the day is that some culture just isn't going to age well.
Nah the issue people take is less being the butt of jokes and more "You made this we gonna tear it down cause we can and it shows how we dominate now". It'd be like going "Yeh I'm an artist now and my first work of art will be to rip the Mona Lisa out of it's frame and shit on it because it was made by a culture I don't like and think should be gone thus I'm taking the Mona Lisa and making it part of my art now by destroying and defacing it"

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
The thing is I feel there is a difference between movies in the early 1900's using white people in black face because black people weren't allowed to star in film. Versus today in which everyone must be a PoC, LBGTQ and also somehow female on top of that.

Sure there are merits in sensitivity shifting in media as a whole, and then there is falling off the fucking cart. And frankly I don't think there was ever a problem with the Raunchy Comedy of the American Pie and Scary Movie ilk. Because I think that people have lost sight of what is outlandish for fun versus what's just being vindictive.

Surely they can make films in which character's are racist right? What about homophobic? What about characters that portray these things but over the course of the movie grow out of them.

For example Rush Hour with Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan. Chris was a racist character at the beginning, but spending time with Jackie allowed them to become partners and friends.

I mean what I think the woke culture lacks is a sense of separation between fantasy and fiction. What's offensive to them should be banned and everyone involved fired no exceptions. And that's why i think other people are so frustrated with it. If you can't separate the art from reality, then you can no longer have art.
...do you just not pay attention to movies being released these days or...?

Like, Marvel's doing the "yeah, one of the duo is racist and is growing out of it thing" in the Bucky/Sam tv show. Marvel, supposed poster child of the woke left, is doing the thing you claim isn't being done.

Reactions: Buyetyen

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Get sidk for a day and there's almost another 10 pages. Well, this is a lively thread and am now surprised it hasn't been locked.
The thing is I feel there is a difference between movies in the early 1900's using white people in black face because black people weren't allowed to star in film. Versus today in which everyone must be a PoC, LBGTQ and also somehow female on top of that.

Sure there are merits in sensitivity shifting in media as a whole, and then there is falling off the fucking cart. And frankly I don't think there was ever a problem with the Raunchy Comedy of the American Pie and Scary Movie ilk. Because I think that people have lost sight of what is outlandish for fun versus what's just being vindictive.

Surely they can make films in which character's are racist right? What about homophobic? What about characters that portray these things but over the course of the movie grow out of them.

For example Rush Hour with Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan. Chris was a racist character at the beginning, but spending time with Jackie allowed them to become partners and friends.

I mean what I think the woke culture lacks is a sense of separation between fantasy and fiction. What's offensive to them should be banned and everyone involved fired no exceptions. And that's why i think other people are so frustrated with it. If you can't separate the art from reality, then you can no longer have art.
So... You're cranky that minorities get to play minorities instead of straight white men? I mean, that sure is a take.

As to Rush Hour, most movies today are about people overcoming their racism. Raya the Last dragon was the last one I saw a couple of weeks ago. It spends much of the run time telling the main character that their prejudices are bad. What on earth are you talking about? Of course there is that message in today's movies

What's the controversy about American Pie? That there are too many white people in it? Sure are. Enjoying it all you want. Doesn't stop it from being too white people. It's too separate issues

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Nah the issue people take is less being the butt of jokes and more "You made this we gonna tear it down cause we can and it shows how we dominate now". It'd be like going "Yeh I'm an artist now and my first work of art will be to rip the Mona Lisa out of it's frame and shit on it because it was made by a culture I don't like and think should be gone thus I'm taking the Mona Lisa and making it part of my art now by destroying and defacing it"
Citation needed that this is at all a popular opinion

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Citation needed that this is at all a popular opinion
Points to Thunder Cats Roar
Points to the general attitude of "It's ours now pissbabbies"

The entire approach of "Fixing properties" and claiming how bad the olds ones were is just that attitude on show and the attempt to defend what they know is trash

Hell here's a youtube video about the phenomena

You want a more on the nose example, there's the Fallists

Their idea to "Decolonise Science" because they see it as racist is to restart Science from scratch.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Donating to political candidates is not out of your control. Kinda the opposite

Okay, then I don't go get fast food with my coworkers sometimes. And if they ask why, I tell them.

This is not a big deal
It is out of your control because your money is going towards political candidates no matter what you do.

It's not just getting lunch with coworkers, it's like everything you do socially whether having a pizza party or a BBQ, going bowling or playing pool, going ziplining, going on vacation, and just an endless amount of things. Are you checking where every penny of yours goes?

To some people, these are important issues. It is unreasonable to expect others to get fired up over things not important to them, but it is just as unreasonable to declare they shouldn't find these things personally important.
I wasn't saying trans issues aren't important to people or shouldn't be important to people. I'm saying getting mad at someone for donating to a political party that puts forth bad legislation is pretty ridiculous because 1) you have no idea why they donated (there's no reason to claim Scott is anti-trans) and 2) both parties put forth bad legislation. If you're gonna judge people that much, then you're going spend so much of your life judging people, it ends up being rather unhealthy.

That's a bad excuse for giving a shit about nothing.

If you sincerely believe that the Dems are just as bad as the Repubs, you're not paying attention.

What makes you so goddamn special that you get to decide for everybody else what is and is not important to them?
When did I say people shouldn't give any shits about anything? That wasn't my point. I care enough about things that I don't vote for either party, I wish most people cared as much as I do about things. I'm not gonna "cancel" 150 million Americans because of it though. Explain to me how the gap in wealth improves during democrat control vs republican control. During covid, that wealth gap was less in republican states, just saying.

Like I said right above, it's not that you shouldn't care about XYZ, it's that you shouldn't get mad at someone else for not caring about XYZ (especially when it's not some important macro-level issue).

Everything must now be washed out, with no personality no flavor, it has to be as vanilla as possible otherwise there is a risk of offending someone. Could Tarrantino make Django today? Pulp Fiction?
Hell, Tropic Thunder couldn't even be made today, and that's pretty fucking sad.

It's rare that your average Joe considers anything that doesn't affect them. People line up around the block of Chik-Fil-A because even if they hate Jews and homos, their chicken is fucking bomb apparently. I don't eat fast food so I dunno, I had a waffle fry once and thought it sucked so i dunno what they put in their Kool-Aid that people think Chik--Fil-A is any good.

But I also think In-n-Out is mediocre as well, which get's me dirty looks.

Come to think of it I want a burger now.
Ha, I don't get fucking Chick-fil-A either. I went there once and the chicken sandwich was probably only slightly better than like a Wendy's chicken sandwich, I totally don't understand how that place is so packed.

Yes, but I suspect you and I are both ascribing that description to different sides.
I'm not, I don't care about sides. If you actually talk and get to know most people, you'll find that most people are generally nice and don't want harm to come to anyone. Even the people that you'd probably think are the worst people in the world (Trump supporters that legit think the election was stolen) are generally good people when you just talk to them like you would anyone else. I know this because I know one of them and play board games every Saturday with them.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
You know I had a theory about this that I file under to possible reasons for why culture itself has gone insane.

#1. Outrage generates attention and yields results which has encouraged more and more ridiculous demands to push the envelope.

or,

#2 Typical day to day life has no conflict, nothing to rally for or against. So people are literally inventing ways to stand behind/against a thing. Which has continued across lines to the point of absolute satire.

Why wasn't thing a problem in the 1940's? WW2. Why wasn't this a problem in the 90's? Desert Storm. 00's? Iraq. Always a villain, and in the last 15 or so years, there hasn't really been that. So the villainy has become culture itself.
Could be, but as to why cancel culture exploded, and how, I'd posit the following, based on everything I've read and seen:

-First, cancel culture is as old as time, even if we haven't called it that. Shaming for beliefs/association/suppression of ideas? Hardly new. Even in living memory, we have examples of it - it was before my time, but remember the Satanic Panic? Violent films and games? Moral puritans not content with criticizing the stuff, but actively trying to get it removed? Cancel culture. As I've said, the right wields cancel culture as readily as the left. However, what's going on now, I'd argue is a conflux of numerous factors:

1: Millennials have had it tough in the US - wages have stagnated, cost of living has gone up. I say in the US, because most of what we're discussing is in the US, and is emanating from the US, and has so far 'infected' the UK.

2: Most of the activity comes from late Millennials and Gen Z. These are people who grew up with the Internet, which, ipso facto, made it easier to find like-minded people, and to filter out opinions they disagree with. Furthermore, intellectual diverisity at universities has plummeted since the 1960s. I can't remember the exact figures, but when people say the universities are liberal/left-wing...well, they are. This isn't some Republican talking point, this is statistically true. It's arguably always been true, but the result means that students going to uni in the 2000s and 2010s would be exposed to fewer ideas than they might have been in the past.

3: Culture of safetyism. Again, this is based on what I've read (again, see Coddling of the American Mind), but something shifted in the 90s - fear of crime went up, as rate of crime went down. You raise a group of people in fear of danger, and they're going to start seeing danger everywhere.

4: Come the 2010s, and we get our first warning signs with Gamergate (well, warning signs for me at least), where we see a mini culture war brewing online. Two years later, Trump's elected, and it's been argued that a lot of that was driven as backlash to Obama, which in turn, delivers backlash from the left. Because to be frank, the US is in a culture war. That isn't just my take, nor hyperbole, it's a take that I've seen backed up from numerous sources, when you look at voter polarization, media fragmentation, and the like. Only recently there was a book published (forget its name, sorry) about the idea of there being "four Americas," with each 'group' having such a different view on the country they're irreconciable. There's the people in the middle, but there's also the people on the fringes. On one side, "America is great, God is great, any criticism is sedition, don't like it, leave," and on the other, "the country was founded on genocide, it's rotten to the core, we have to burn it down and start over again." In this environment, you're going to see 'your side' as "good," and the 'other side' as "bad," and when you enter that mindset, all bets are off.

5: So come average Joe who's dealing with the daily shit of daily life, who has very little power, who, if they fall into either of the extreme sides, might feel completely helpless. Perhaps they're angry that Donald Trump hasn't been persecuted, and is still walking free. Or perhaps they're angry that they're constantly told that they're racist, sexist, and privilaged, despite not feeling any of that, or having done anything that could be called that. They can't change the wider world, but they can gang up on the little people. I can't take Donald Trump down, but I can take down this one person who said this one thing and make their life hell, and do so with a bunch of like-minded people, because thanks to the Internet, I have the power to do so. Because that's what really sucks about cancel culture, at least in its modern form. The less influence you have, the easier it is to be cancelled. And to those doubting this, look across this thread, and ask how many people were in positions of actual power? I'd wager, not many.

Of course, this is just me, compiling various theses from various sources. I could be wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if someone quotes this and tells me how wrong I am. And hey, I at least have the option of 'opting out' from the online culture war, but that doesn't help people who can't.

No longer can show's like Married With Children happen. No more can stand-up comedy be freeform. American Pie? Jay and Silent Bob? 40-year-old Virgin? Superbad?

Everything must now be washed out, with no personality no flavor, it has to be as vanilla as possible otherwise there is a risk of offending someone. Could Tarrantino make Django today? Pulp Fiction?

Whatever the argument, it's destroying art. Movies, comics, tv shows, stand-up, these are the main forms of modern art and art should be the one thing that can truly be free. But it isn't. A culture that can't laugh at each other....is dead.
Well, okay, but there's the flipside of this as well.

Ghostbusters 2016? Last Jedi? Battlefield V? Star Trek Discovery? There's countless examples where works of media carry out any deviation from the 'norm,' and are lacerated for it, with people screaming everyone from "the feminist agenda" to "forced diversity" (FFS, what even IS forced diversity?)

Said it before, and I'll say it again, SJWs and SQWs are two sides of the same coin. So on one side, you get stuff like The Heights, where people force Lin Manuel Miranda to apologize for there not being enough Afro-Latinos. On the other, you get Last Jedi, where manbabies did a "men's only cut" because they were that insecure. And it's just...so...tiring.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
It is out of your control because your money is going towards political candidates no matter what you do.
Shockingly, I have yet to personally donate to a political campaign and nobody's forced me too.
It's not just getting lunch with coworkers, it's like everything you do socially whether having a pizza party or a BBQ, going bowling or playing pool, going ziplining, going on vacation, and just an endless amount of things. Are you checking where every penny of yours goes?
"If you aren't a being of perfect knowledge then don't bother doing anything"

Nah man, I'm still not gonna buy an Ubisoft game.

Reactions: Buyetyen

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I remain unconvinced this mob is anything other than a vocal minority on social media whose protests ultimately mean nothing.
It probably is a minority. Look at the statistics of people who fall into ultra conservative and ultra progressive, and it generally is. Most people fall into the centre. But then, as this thread has shown, it only takes a small minority to make a loud enough noise to ruin someone's life. Heck, I could probably ruin someone's life by myself by going on someone's Twitter, scroll down long enough until I find something that I can use as 'ammo,' spread it around, and get them fired.

I mean, God's sake people, you don't have anything better to do? You're like Ned Flanders scanning the TV channels for anything offensive, except you're younger, secular, and are using a computer instead. And yes, this goes for people both on the left and right. I mean, there's these YouTube channels whose job is apparently to scour the media for anything 'too woke' and make a 20 minute video of it, and...God, let a life!

Hell, Tropic Thunder couldn't even be made today, and that's pretty fucking sad.
Heck, HAMILTON couldn't be made today.

(No really, I'm semi-serious. It's kind of surreal seeing how, in six years, Hamilton went from progressive darling to progressive pariah, with the #CancelHamilton trend in 2020.)

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Heck, HAMILTON couldn't be made today.

(No really, I'm semi-serious. It's kind of surreal seeing how, in six years, Hamilton went from progressive darling to progressive pariah, with the #CancelHamilton trend in 2020.)
One flaw in the argument: Hamilton is still running. It was and is a liberal darling with sold out shows. What happened is that liberal spinelessness alienated a *lot* of progressives recently so a feel-good play about the founding of the United States started hitting different.

Reactions: Jarrito3002

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Points to Thunder Cats Roar
Points to the general attitude of "It's ours now pissbabbies"

The entire approach of "Fixing properties" and claiming how bad the olds ones were is just that attitude on show and the attempt to defend what they know is trash

Hell here's a youtube video about the phenomena

You want a more on the nose example, there's the Fallists

Their idea to "Decolonise Science" because they see it as racist is to restart Science from scratch.
I wonder if you understood the question

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
You know I'm going to offer a suggestion for the whole rise of cancel culture thing.

A more interconnected world and the increased perceived lack of meaning in people's lives and desire to leave an impact.
I've left my impact, tiny as it may be and likely only coming up in 50+ years in some overworked students paper where he cites the paper I somehow got my name on that basically reads "Ton's on distinguished Scientists and some idiot undergrad student (me)". That's it that's my mark and I doubt it's going to end up much bigger.

Problem is with social media it's created a case of people seeing those who are big or successful or could leave a better remembered mark and they're realising how little impact they have and are able to see others posting all these cool things they've done or achievements they've managed and then they look at what they've done and feel bad so they decide they want to make a difference in the world and the easiest way to even be a footnate in history is to be seen as one to help take down something big and be the good person doing it, slaying the evil or whatever.

There's no proverbial dragons left to slay. Little left to really explore on earth. No massive wars to fight for your country and die in to feel you have purpose and will in some way be remembered so people are looking to try and be heroes by taking down "Bad guys" because what impact on history will they leave with their minimum wage Starbucks job (Not that I'm dissing people who do said jobs, just pointing out it doesn't have the best career progression or impact on the world). People have gone from competing in a local area to on a global scale on social media. To give an example where I was at one point training to teach the school's local area had a 60-70% unemployment rate or so I was told. People worked on the Ferry, the train station, the school, the town shops or for the council and that was it there was nothing out there industry wise beyond that, no major employers as such. Having a job in said area even just a minimum wage shop job meant you were doing better than most of your peers. Now though said area is competing with the rest of the world and areas with 4% unemployment rate so suddenly that job doesn't feel like a major achievement there because most people on social media that people will know from other areas won't have faced those issues so won't see their achievement as a thing.

Add to all that the push to fix a broken world and broken systems and the constant push to the general slow movement of change and an age of ever more instant gratification from entertainment to everything else and people are pushing harder because they think things should be changing faster and it's their duty to push the change more.
E.G. growing up you'd have to generally read a magazine to learn about newest games coming out. Then you'd have to take your money into town and buy the thing then go back home and put it in to play. Now I can pay for it digitally, download it and start playing fairly quick (unless it's a AAA game that's many many gigs). No need to spend I dunno 2+ hours going to town getting it and coming back

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Shockingly, I have yet to personally donate to a political campaign and nobody's forced me too.

"If you aren't a being of perfect knowledge then don't bother doing anything"

Nah man, I'm still not gonna buy an Ubisoft game.
What does it matter much if you personally donated or your money ended up there? Everyone knows corporations fund campaigns and lobby politicians, it's not some secret that you gave money that ended up being used for something you're absolutely against. If Scott gave money to a republican because he was for some economic policy and some of it went to anti-trans legislation and you wanted a burger and some of it went to anti-trans legislation, what does it really matter? Neither of you wanted it to go there but it did. If you got something on somebody that shows they indeed hate some group of people and want to cause harm, then I'm with you, but until then, I'm not gonna assume that person is bad.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
What does it matter much if you personally donated or your money ended up there? Everyone knows corporations fund campaigns and lobby politicians, it's not some secret that you gave money that ended up being used for something you're absolutely against. If Scott gave money to a republican because he was for some economic policy and some of it went to anti-trans legislation and you wanted a burger and some of it went to anti-trans legislation, what does it really matter? Neither of you wanted it to go there but it did. If you got something on somebody that shows they indeed hate some group of people and want to cause harm, then I'm with you, but until then, I'm not gonna assume that person is bad.
Good for you. I don't care about your opinion on Scott Cawthon's character, I'm still not gonna buy his games. Does some games money I spend probably filter up to anti-LGBT politicians eventually? Yeah, probably. But not through that channel.
In your kind of argument, does it matter if I don't buy the game because I'm not particularly interested in it or if I don't buy the game because of Scott's personal politics? Either way, I'm not buying the game. And if not buying something is "cancel culture", then I've damn near cancel cultured every game.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Well, okay, but there's the flipside of this as well.

Ghostbusters 2016? Last Jedi? Battlefield V? Star Trek Discovery? There's countless examples where works of media carry out any deviation from the 'norm,' and are lacerated for it, with people screaming everyone from "the feminist agenda" to "forced diversity" (FFS, what even IS forced diversity?)

Said it before, and I'll say it again, SJWs and SQWs are two sides of the same coin. So on one side, you get stuff like The Heights, where people force Lin Manuel Miranda to apologize for there not being enough Afro-Latinos. On the other, you get Last Jedi, where manbabies did a "men's only cut" because they were that insecure. And it's just...so...tiring.
Oh I'll take this one.
Ghostbusters 2016 = "At last female Ghostbusters" the PR went. "What about Kylie Griffin" the fans called back. "The Ghostbusters are NOW WOMEN........ please clap"
"No, the trailer looks crap BTW". "You clearly just hate women and want to exclude women from being ghostbusters." "Kylie Griffin you stupid fucks" "OMG stop being sexist and saying all women are stupid fucks you pissbaby chud manchild"

The Last Jedi = Old Man Luke isn't a Hero, Rey is your hero now you will like Rey now and agree she's super uber more powerful than Luke an any jedi ever and more badass because look what happened to you hero he sucks now.

Battlefield V = We will tell authentic stories of real women of World War II. Proceeds to not do that but instead tells the story of a Polish Commando unit
but replaces them with a mother and daughter.

Star Trek Discovery = Michael Burnham is better than Spock and more badass and always right.
part 1 (forum being weird)

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Part 2 (forum being weird)

Compare that the shows where forced diversity isn't claimed against them.
Killjoys:
Dutch is a Mixed race Assassin and Pri is a gay warlord.
Dutch still gets her ass kicked in fights or has to fight smart normally and win with technique because she's like 5'6 fighting 6'5 dudes sometimes.
Pri may be a warlord but he's seriously phobic of bugs and sometimes out of his depth with some more technical stuff

Stargirl:
Hugely diverse cast (both heroes and villains)
No-one is immune or unstoppable just because they're a hero. Hell the show makes this pretty clear by having Stargirl get so badly beaten she ends up spending like 3/4 of the next episode recovering going from being in hospital to then resting at home recovering.
There's no "Ha screw the old sexists" moment kind of when the old mostly all male Hero team are eventually replaced by the new heroes which consists of 3 girls and 2 guys (and one of them is technically a new hero)

With forced Diversity it's basically the kind of thing "The boys" was mocking with stuff like the "Brave Maeve Bar" or "Girls Get it Done" poster stuff

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Was it a rhetorical one cause I think I provided some examples in my post lol. The "Tear it down" attitude at play.
Ah, so you are pretending that calling something racist is the same as tearing society down.

Got it.

Just going to point out that I asked if shitting on the Mona Lisa rant was popular.... You didn't answer the question. You just went on a tangent

So, to take this assumption, is the idea that anyone who has thought anything is racist is clearly tearing down society. Thus making it popular