Share Your Shower Thoughts

TopazFusion

Dec 11, 2011
Why does the Dominoes in my area charge for delivery per pizza?

No matter how many pizzas you order (within reason) surely they'd all be delivered in the same vehicle? It's not like the delivery driver has to make a separate trip for each pizza, or that each pizza gets its own dedicated vehicle. So why does the delivery charge go up for each pizza ordered? It makes no sense.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
TopazFusion said:
Why does the Dominoes in my area charge for delivery per pizza?

No matter how many pizzas you order (within reason) surely they'd all be delivered in the same vehicle? It's not like the delivery driver has to make a separate trip for each pizza, or that each pizza gets its own dedicated vehicle. So why does the delivery charge go up for each pizza ordered? It makes no sense.
Because their pizza is utter SHIT, Dominoes has been re-branding itself for years, trying to be the ?cool pizza place.? Most notably, a wider variety of foods like subs and wings (which are also shit,) ?pizza insurance,? and my personal favorite: if you report a pothole in your area that might disrupt their delivery driver?s smooth ride to your house, they?ll have it repaired. So yeah, they?ve been in the equivalent of a mid-life crisis for a while now; they?re running out of hairs for their pathetic comb over and that first monthly payment on the new Corvette was a gut punch, so the customers are footing the bill in the form of petty fees.

Honestly, Dominoes, your best bet is to be the only pizza option within a 5 mile radius, and that includes freezer sections at grocery stores.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
I wonder what the fast food experience is like in the US, because I always see people complaining about it in the states and what they serve whereas the stuff they serve where I live is pretty serviceable.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
"I'd probably make a really kickass chick."
"I'd probably still be straight though."
...Other half of the brain....
"What are you talking about? you're bi already!"

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
ObsidianJones said:
Is anyone else worried about Lil Devils X?

I remember she shared that her family went through a traumatic event. I hope she's alright.
Shes probably helping her relative cope with what happened. I still think that all the bad things that have happened to her and her family, is cuz they live in rural areas.

Apr 17, 2009
ObsidianJones said:

I remember she shared that her family went through a traumatic event. I hope she's alright.
Her posts were generally well researched and insightful and I do miss them. Same with bastardofmelbourne, what happened to him?

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
ObsidianJones said:

Hmm, realizing now that I haven?t seen any posts from her in a while. It?s not uncommon for folks to take some time away once in a while; let?s hope that?s the case and that it serves her well.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
My sister-in-law was cheating on my brother and he found out because she gave her old phone to her kids and they found recorded evidence of her infidelity on it. Like, my god, that's so messed up! Imagine being 7-9 and seeing a sex tape of your mother and some guy! I don't envy my brother who apparently had to explain that video to his kids.

Red Sentinel

May 20, 2014
Drathnoxis said:
My sister-in-law was cheating on my brother and he found out because she gave her old phone to her kids and they found recorded evidence of her infidelity on it. Like, my god, that's so messed up! Imagine being 7-9 and seeing a sex tape of your mother and some guy! I don't envy my brother who apparently had to explain that video to his kids.
Why on earth did she video it??

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Red Sentinel said:
Drathnoxis said:
Why on earth did she video it??
Why on earth didn't she delete everything off the phone before giving it to her children?!

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
"If historians find an anthology of Lovecraft's works, will they think they were the myths of an actual religion?"

It's a question I periodically ask myself, and it's not specific to Lovecraft, but the Cthulhu Mythos makes for a relatively intuitive example. In more general terms, it can summed up as "will the fiction of today be mistaken for the religion of yesteryear?"

Saint of M

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 27, 2010
Country
United States
I could get a new water heater but would mean braving the cold water that gots me cornered

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
This wasn't an original shower thought, but after seeing this video yesterday, having nightmares about Pennywise last night and still thinking about the uncanny coincidences today in the shower, I'm counting it as a shower thought:

Apparently, Mary Poppins and Pennywise the Dancing Clown are related/same species [https://youtu.be/JTLLngtJJrc] of supernatural being? An absurd stretch on the surface, but the video makes some really intriguing arguments for the feasibility of it (not the actuality, of course.) It almost makes me wonder in Mary Poppins wasn?t some inspiration, subconscious or otherwise, for Stephen King when he wrote ?IT.?

Mar 30, 2010
I often wonder if we're inadvertently living through a second Dark Age. A common misconception about the Dark Age was that it was a savage and barbarous era, but in fact it was perfectly civilized for the time. The term Dark Age simply refers to the lack of written historical records we have from this period. Now, consider that we live in an increasingly digital world. Should an EMP, solar storm or other such event strike our civilization in the next 100 years or so and erase all digital content, how much of who we are, our music, our literature, our culture, the records of our day-to-day lives will be left for future archaeologists? Is this drive towards a more connected world the very thing which will ultimately result in us disappearing altogether into the mists of history?

At this point I'd usually make a snarky remark and reduce the whole notion to a joke, but I really do obsess over this. Following on the heels of the above thought tends to be the idea that maybe it's best if there was nothing for future archaeologists to find, given some of the things we're capable of. Then that idea is followed by wondering if maybe the planet'd be better off if there were no future archaeologists at all, that maybe the best thing for life on Earth is if humanity as a whole died off and let nature reclaim all we had built. Then that thought tends be followed by serious consideration about if it's not too early to have a drink.

Sep 24, 2008
Ok, I had a thought that stemmed from a conversation I had last night that turned into a rant in my own head. But I literally had that rant in my own head during a shower. Like literally while I was showering. It's technically not a shower thought of something that just popped in there, but it was further expanded upon in the shower.

Does that go here? Is that a new thread?

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
ObsidianJones said:
Ok, I had a thought that stemmed from a conversation I had last night that turned into a rant in my own head. But I literally had that rant in my own head during a shower. Like literally while I was showering. It's technically not a shower thought of something that just popped in there, but it was further expanded upon in the shower.

Does that go here? Is that a new thread?
Could easily go here; there?re no strict rules as to what internal ramblings folks share.

OT, my shower thought this morning: ?I wonder what ObsidionJones? head rant was all about??

Sep 24, 2008
Xprimentyl said:
Could easily go here; there?re no strict rules as to what internal ramblings folks share.

OT, my shower thought this morning: ?I wonder what ObsidionJones? head rant was all about??
Understand the great pains it took me not to make the obvious joke here. *ahem [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLRZ0dIvwHY]*

It was just about dating. How it's going to get worse because no one really wants to explore moving the male part from the 1950's and out into the forefront with the new unchained and dynamic capabilities of women today.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
ObsidianJones said:
Xprimentyl said:

Understand the great pains it took me not to make the obvious joke here. *ahem [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLRZ0dIvwHY]*
Yeah, didn?t come across in text the way it sounded in my head, and even saying it again in my head, I can?t unhear what you?ve implied, so? your restraint is much appreciated?

It was just about dating. How it's going to get worse because no one really wants to explore moving the male part from the 1950's and out into the forefront with the new unchained and dynamic capabilities of women today.
Have you seen the guys with full, neatly trimmed, mountain man beards wearing skinny jeans whilst drink $7 soy milk lattes and the women who?re attracted to them?

In all seriousness, though, I haven?t found (meaning it hasn?t been my personal experience) that those old tropes of the sexes? roles in relationships hold much weight anymore. Just saying, if a woman outright says she wants a man to take care of her or a man says a woman?s place is at home in the kitchen, they?re likely to sound like the silliest person in the room anymore. Those kinds of people are looking for something as opposed to someone and aren?t likely to be taken seriously by modern, rational people in the dating scene.