Shower Thoughts MK2

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Wasn't the correct choice of Xprimentyl's drink 'Cantien'? Like Caffiene and Protein. Sounds like Canteen

"The only drink that pumps you up and keeps you going through those long droughts of lethargy"

Reactions: happyninja42

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Shouldn't it be Proffeine? :p I mean the "aine" sound isn't in either word. Your shower thought sucks!! :p

Sidenote: I'm now trying to think of something to combine with protein to make a product I can call Profaine, just to annoy the religious nutjobs. Watch them go into a zealot frenzy about "The devil is selling profanity on the shelves!!"
I was combining “protein” and “cocaine,” and it was brilliant. I wasn’t trying to sell to gym rats; I was targeting the lonely, promiscuous, middle-aged suburban housewives who occasionally do hot yoga and power walks with equally lonely, promiscuous, middle-aged suburban housewives and the occasional urban teen drawn to marketing with contraband blatantly thrown in their faces. I am not a good person.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I was combining “protein” and “cocaine,” and it was brilliant. I wasn’t trying to sell to gym rats; I was targeting the lonely, promiscuous, middle-aged suburban housewives who occasionally do hot yoga and power walks with equally lonely, promiscuous, middle-aged suburban housewives and the occasional urban teen drawn to marketing with contraband blatantly thrown in their faces. I am not a good person.
You're also apparently targeting Michael J. Fox and his "aunt" in The Secret of My Success :p

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I'm willing to admit that Ratatouille is an excellent film but until now I cannot get over how fucking disgusting rats cooking food would be. Makes me shudder every time, blegh.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
While I do try to view even the worst of humanity as living feeling humans, there are however exceptional exceptions like Ben Shapiro, who I can't see as anything other than the anthropomorphisation of date rape. He's like Jake Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler, but less intelligent, handsome and charismatic. But no less skin crawly.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
While I do try to view even the worst of humanity as living feeling humans, there are however exceptional exceptions like Ben Shapiro, who I can't see as anything other than the anthropomorphisation of date rape. He's like Jake Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler, but less intelligent, handsome and charismatic. But no less skin crawly.
anthropormorphisation of date rape. that made me laugh harder than I think it should have. it's depressingly accurate way to describe him too.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Genius idea for an uncrackable password. Make it the last 8 digits of π .

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
I guess with HBO Max showing movies concurrently with those in theatres they have now fully embraced their name (Home Box Office).

Reactions: BrawlMan

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
So, been making my way through the Lord of the Rings films for the first time (extended editions, just got through Two Towers), and does anyone else notice how incredibly similar it's musical theme is to the Avenger's musical theme? It's uncanny.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
If right wing, conservative, republican prostitutes, solicit clients on Parler....does that make them Parler Tricks?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Not really a shower thought, but since I was watching a video in the shower, someone please tell me that Americans actually cook their spam before eating it... The video I was referring had the guy bitching about spam's slimy texture, and I could just not understand why the fuck anyone would think you should just eat spam out of the can. I know you can, but why??!

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Not really a shower thought, but since I was watching a video in the shower, someone please tell me that Americans actually cook their spam before eating it... The video I was referring had the guy bitching about spam's slimy texture, and I could just not understand why the fuck anyone would think you should just eat spam out of the can. I know you can, but why??!
There are some truly rugged savages out there (typically middle-aged, single men one bad day away from suicide) who will just crack open a can of Spam and go to town with a spoon because fuck it, but yes, we do typically cook our Spam. However, around here, it's very much a "love it" or "leave it" food. A lot of people are put off by the idea of canned meat from the start. Others are put off by the appearance of the meat when it slides out of the can as a literal hunk of ambiguous and slimy meat. The rest of us get past all of that, slice or chunk it up, fry it until nice and crispy, and enjoy it for the salty deliciousness it is.

My girlfriend actually learned to appreciate it in the Philippines where her hosts paired it with cold cucumbers, onions, tomatoes and lime-infused soy sauce on a bed of rice. She makes it often and, oh my God, I could eat it for every meal for the rest of my life, but given the amount of sodium, that'd probably be about a month. Fuck it, I want some right now.

1617108683560.png

Reactions: Bob_McMillan

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Actually a thought I had in the shower this morning, but the plot of the film Trading Places, is basically the story of Job. Two powerful assholes fucking with a little peon's life, for the sake of a bet. Oddly enough, in the film, they are both, equally framed as villains, whereas in the bible, one is still somehow framed as being a good guy, funny that. And Job doesn't get a fun little revenge/comeuppance plot twist at the end. He's just fucked.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
My girlfriend actually learned to appreciate it in the Philippines where her hosts paired it with cold cucumbers, onions, tomatoes and lime-infused soy sauce on a bed of rice. She makes it often and, oh my God, I could eat it for every meal for the rest of my life, but given the amount of sodium, that'd probably be about a month. Fuck it, I want some right now.
How people can view canned food that way when the West invented microwave meals is bizzare to me. Is it specifically the canned bit? Because when I go to the grocery here full of US imports, there's a shit ton of pre-cooked frozen meals and I don't really see how that's any much different.

But interesting, the veggie combo thing is indeed very common here (but we use calamansi rather than lime). I've never heard of eating it with spam though. It sounds like a perfect meal for when I can return to the university dorm. If that ever happens...

Mayhaps you'd be interested with Spam Lite, although I don't know if 30% less sodium is even remotely healthy.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
How people can view canned food that way when the West invented microwave meals is bizzare to me. Is it specifically the canned bit? Because when I go to the grocery here full of US imports, there's a shit ton of pre-cooked frozen meals and I don't really see how that's any much different.
It's not canned or frozen foods people have a problem with; it's canned MEAT, specifically Spam and such where it comes out looking... less than appealing. Meats here are typically fresh and refrigerated or frozen; Spam just sits on a shelf (for years) at room temperature, then sloughs out on a plate as a hunk of ambiguous gelatin. I used to have a similar aversion to it until I learned to get past how it looks and prepare it properly.

But interesting, the veggie combo thing is indeed very common here (but we use calamansi rather than lime). I've never heard of eating it with spam though. It sounds like a perfect meal for when I can return to the university dorm. If that ever happens...

Mayhaps you'd be interested with Spam Lite, although I don't know if 30% less sodium is even remotely healthy.
Yes, calamansi is what she uses; I didn't know how to spell it, so opted to just describe it, soy sauce with lime. And you DEFINITELY need to try the cucumber, tomatoes, onions, calamansi and rice with Spam; the cold crunch with the salty heat from the Spam make it a guilty pleasure I'm certain you'll enjoy!

Spam Lite? Nope, sorry; when eating Spam, "healthy" is usually the last thing on my mind. I don't eat it often enough for it do me too much damage, but when I do, I want the FULL experience!

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Way to go Attack on Titan! I did not expect that from this show. I got to give the show and a creator proper respect. Thanks.

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Which type? Standard? Hard Rock? Industrial? Speed Metal? Details!
Any of it. I like drums, and a lot of Metal has some interesting drums, and the guitar work is incredible, but then some ogre starts growling like an unintelligible idiot, and I lose respect for all efforts involved. Like, if I could play drums or guitar like that, why would I want my talent drowned out by some asshole screaming "ORGRWARWHURHULUHUGRUHUL!"

Reactions: Mister Mumbler