Skyrim DLC Will Be Timed 360 Exclusive

70R4N

Jan 14, 2010
DannyHale09 said:
Navenis said:
Well at least us pc players will have 20x the content from mods.
They are going to be making most of the mods for Skyrim accessible for the xbox and ps3 actually so no, you won't ^^
No, they wont. Bethesda just said that they would like to do it, not that they are doing it.

Drexlor

Feb 23, 2010
Thank you for another slap in the face, Bethesda. I'd buy the DLC when it comes out for PS3, but I feel that I will mysteriously lose intrest within that month.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Why are they talking about releasing DLC 2 and a half months before the game comes out in the first place?

RedxDecember

Jun 25, 2008
It's really up to them I think. Announcing it early might save some rage, but honestly it might just make the rage worse. I own both consoles, so I'm good.

Linkassassin360

Dec 28, 2009
I'm kinda disappointed that elder scroll Skyrim will even have DLC. I mean, I would rather they sit down and focus on a giant package of content that has a reasonable but higher price rather than pay 5 dollars to put armor on my horses. Whats that called again? Oh yeah, an expansion.

^Expand a game, dont milk its audience. /rant
But I said it once and I will say it again: Skyrim will be my entire winter.

LordFisheh

Dec 31, 2008
Timed DLC is utterly ridiculous. It replaces decent competition which benefits the consumer with cheap tricks that only restrict our choice.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
*Reads title*
SON OF A *****!
Screw it, I'll just miss out. I do not have the money nor the internet connectivity to get it anyways.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Bloodstain said:
Does that mean I'll have to wait 30 days longer for my horse armour?
What is all this about horse armour? Have we all forgotten Bloodmoon, Tribunal, all FIVE packs from Fallout 3 and another FOUR from NV? And Shivering Isles? Bethesda makes epic DLC!

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
Well, people, that's the trade-off for Bethesda games since Fallout 3, and I think it's kinda fair!
PC players get great graphics, saves over Cloud, and lots of mods, Xbox players get their DLC a bit earlier, and PS3 players get nothing (actually, this isn't fair. Why?).

I remember Fallout: New Vegas in the months after release and during the wait for the Dead Money DLC to come out for PC, we got some mods available from the Nexus that would classify as "player-made DLC" in my book, such as the New Vegas Bounties and more.

Knight Captain Kerr

May 27, 2011
Linkassassin360 said:
I'm kinda disappointed that elder scroll Skyrim will even have DLC. I mean, I would rather they sit down and focus on a giant package of content that has a reasonable but higher price rather than pay 5 dollars to put armor on my horses. Whats that called again? Oh yeah, an expansion.

^Expand a game, dont milk its audience. /rant
But I said it once and I will say it again: Skyrim will be my entire winter.
It does look like they are going to make less add ons but larger ones. If you download it it is dlc no matter how big or small it is.

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
Although it doesn't affect me, I feel sorry for people who are getting Skyrim for the PS3 or PC. I don't see why it gets released for the 360 first, but I'm not complaining.

technoted

Nov 9, 2009
That's a bit annoying to say the least, surely the huge following that Elder Scrolls has got on the PC should really mean that the format that should get the DLC would be the PC, I mean what's a better way to thank the fans; A) Giving the dedicated long term fanbase the DLC first, or B) Screw you long time fans, we get more money this way!, Well?

LeeHarveyO

Jan 13, 2009
Here is a plan, if you already have all this DLC planned put it in the fucking game instead of cheating us out of more damn money, not that we all wouldnt pay for it or anything cause this game is still gonna kick ass.

Jake Lewis Clayton

Apr 22, 2010
direkiller said:
SonOfVoorhees said:
I still dont get why they cant release a special edition of Morrowind and Oblivon on consoles with all the good mods on it. The updated graphics, more creatures and better character models and also the best mission and weapons and magic mods. Id buy it.
you would run into some problems with the creators of the mods. Eather you stiff them get sued and hated by your entire fan base or
Track them down to pay them but seeing how may times the money would split if you put 5-6 mods on a disk it probably isn't worth it to the publisher.

You can't get sued for stopping people from distributing moderations of a liscenced product such as a game.

Infact you can sue them, as unless a publisher gives their permission to tamper with software, you can't legally distribute mods for their software.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Well, All I have to say is, "I hope the DLCs are not going to be substancial, like a new location and quest line."

Us PS3 players like new things, too, Bethesda.

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
I'm quite saddened the more I hear about Skyrim.

At first the PC version was initially going to be the first design then we get told we are getting a port, takes me back to all the issues we had with Oblivion/F3/F:NV.

Now we find out DLC is 360 first which means even the DLC will be ported (again it's going to be fallout bugs and glitches all over again).

A game I had my heart set on when I first heard about it is slowly turning me away from it.

I don't care who gets what first if PC gamers can be promised a decent port but it's always .. ALWAYS .. shit.

I've yet to come across a console to PC port that actually works as intended.

Troublesome Lagomorph

The Deadliest Bunny
May 26, 2009
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
I'm betting that the 360 gets it first because of Microsoft's hissy fit policy where they stamp their foot and say "No!" if they don't get it first.
This...
And isn't Bethesda trying to get mod support on console? Could happen on PS3... but sure as hell will never happen with the 360. Could be Bethesda making it up to fans not getting mods? Speculating. Hell, they probably aren't even trying to implement mod support on consoles and I'm just misinformed.