Skyrim spawns a meme.

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
I'm annoyed when people get it wrong

IT'S AN ARROW IN THE KNEE, NOT TO THE KNEE, IN THE KNEE!

jdogtwodolla

phbbhbbhpbhphbhpbttttt......
Feb 12, 2009
Oh silly developers! Giving all the guards a shared line of dialogue. I'm glad this meme has come about because It's basically people pointing out a major flaw (unless intended?) in how dialogue is still a bit mishandled. Like in Oblivion where the exact same problem came up. At least it seems that way to me, Criminal Knee shooting Scum!

JupiterBase

Feb 4, 2010
Justanewguy said:
JupiterBase said:
Blue Hero said:
I'm sick of seeing it everywhere. I wish Skyrim was never released so I didn't have to see it EVERYWHERE.
I don't think Skyrim is that popular and i'm a TES fan since i started gaming.
Uh...apparently you'd be wrong, considering how popular the meme is.
Well the popularity of the meme is not necessarily the same as the popularity of the game. Although they are both a lot more popular then i thought admittedly.

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
I used to start memes like you, then i took an arrow in the knee.

Yeah I like this meme. My friends and I were joking about this before we found out it was a meme. When so many people get the same idea a great meme is born.

Zeetchmen

Aug 17, 2009
I used to patrol threads looking to use this meme, than I took a FUS RO DAH to the knee.

socialmenace42

May 8, 2010
I used to be a surrealist, then i took a fish to the archimedes screw...

OT: Yeah, that line is just beautifull meeme material though, they realy were asking for it. somehow every single guard in all of skyrim took an arrow to the knee at some point, it's got to be the first question on the application form. Of course we're going to exploit something on that level of hillarity.

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
JupiterBase said:
"I used to be an adventurer like you, then i took an arrow to the knee." I have seen this everywhere the last couple of days ALL OVER You Tube. not just on Skyrim related videos everything. I'm really surprised honestly that its caught on like it has. Seen an particular variation that you thought was funny? Why do you think this happened.
The very first time I ran into an "but then i took an arrow to the knee" or some form of "FUS-RO-DAHD!" I was amused, and I did consider it funny. Then I saw a hundred more within not even 24h, and I started to doubt my fellow gamers once again.

I still believe all the nitwits going "FIRST!" should be banned, gibbeted, nailed to upside-down crosses and fed to the sharks, as they are obviously not functioning members of any worthwile part of society, but these latest meme-bangers are really just sad. Take something that is new, memorable and offers sweet potential for exploitation and ruin it by making people sick of it within the first week of it popping up.

Then again, maybe that really is what the internet is. A self-referring, always regrowing urban dictionary for those that are easily manipulated into feeling special by doing what everyone else happens to be doing.

Apr 5, 2008
Barely used Fus Ro Dah. All about Vas Yah Nir.
Amusing meme, am sure it will get old fast. The Fus Ro Dah one, not the arrow to the knee thing, that isn't particularly funny.
JochemDude said:
I used to be an arrow, then I took an adventurer to the knee.
I stand corrected. LOL, bravo! :)

Sep 14, 2009
Sparrow said:
I'm much more of a fan of the Fus Ro Dah meme. Hearing that then seeing real people get thrown great distances? That shit is just priceless.

For your viewing pleasure:

hahaha that is pretty good. never seen that one.

OT: After the 5th time hearing it within 5 minutes of skyrim, i knew it would be a meme, not as funny as the "CRIMINAL SCUM" guards, but still good.

i've seen some people use it really well IRL, very non chalant like, for extra lulz.

JupiterBase

Feb 4, 2010
Headdrivehardscrew said:
JupiterBase said:
snip
I thinks its more about why people are online. Most people use the internet outta of boredom and instead of say researching Einsteins essays on yadda yadda they go watch YouTube videos or surf forums like we are doing cracking jokes and bs with people.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
I used to be a criminal scum, but then I paid my fine and served my sentence.

Memeception ftw.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Yeah, I've heard of that meme a lot. I've heard it so much that I am now working on a cartoon called "Took An Arrow To The Knee".

OT: I honestly don't care about this meme. What's wrong with saying "I used to X, but then I took an Arrow To The Knee" a bajillion times? It'll eventually be replaced by something else anyways. I think the best thing to do is to stop caring about what other people say.

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
I rather enjoy the meme, boring ones don't bother me but every once in a while there is one that just brightens up my day.

If there isn't a mod to replace the voice acting on guards randomly to insert some of the best arrow the knee jokes I will be dissapointed.

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
hmm i guess your right... seen this a lot around and didnt know where it was from...
we got a new meme in town! :D