Skyrim Will Be Weird Like Morrowind

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
Radoh said:
canadamus_prime said:
If I see ONE cliff racer Bethesda, someone over there is gonna be in for a world of hurt.
They'll probably put one in as an easter egg just like they did with Oblivion.
There was a Cliff Racer in Oblivion? Where?
So quick on the draw to find your beloved Cliff Racer huh? There aren't any per se, but if rare instances NPCs will converse about how Saint Jiub successfully drove the Cliff Racers from the Vvardenfel District.

wrecker77

May 31, 2008
As weird as shiver isles? That was twisted and I loved it. But maybe it was because the rest of the game was so serious it was nice to fight under dressed guards in a mushroom fantasy land with a stick that turns them into bunnies.

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
Cyrodiil: Bleh. Shivering Isles: Awesome.
BRING ON THE WEIRD!

Also: Dammit, dragons have 4 legs where I come from.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Radoh said:
canadamus_prime said:
Radoh said:
canadamus_prime said:
If I see ONE cliff racer Bethesda, someone over there is gonna be in for a world of hurt.
They'll probably put one in as an easter egg just like they did with Oblivion.
There was a Cliff Racer in Oblivion? Where?
So quick on the draw to find your beloved Cliff Racer huh? There aren't any per se, but if rare instances NPCs will converse about how Saint Jiub successfully drove the Cliff Racers from the Vvardenfel District.
Oh, the way you said that, you made it sound like there was an actual Cliff Racer wandering around Oblivion somewhere. So I was like "WTF? I don't remember running into any Cliff Racer in Oblivion."
NPC conversational references are fine.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
RandV80 said:
They need to take a few steps back and make everyone happy, much like they did with Fallout 3.
Wow, never imagined I'd be reading the words 'everyone happy' and 'Fallout 3' in the same sentence.

But yeah, I get what you mean. Oblivion was rather dull, Morrowind was exciting to batshit insane. I could dig a compromise in the middle of the two, altough I'd prefer if it leaned more heavily on Morrowind's side.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Awwww, this is just making me want it more. WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE OVER 6 MONTHS AWAY! >_<

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
The more I read about the Skyrim the more I'm tempted to give the Elder Scroll series another go. One of the things that put me off Oblivion was that I found exploration very biring because all the landscape looked kinda the same.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009

Mommy?

OT: I love to hear that some of the mystery and wonder will be back in the game. I just hope that they don't make all the discovery so easy by giving us pinpoint directions to where everything is.

Don't get me wrong, Morrowind was horrible trying to find things, even with the guide at times, but I didn't like the pinpoint directions of Oblivion. Maybe direct us to an area instead of the exact locaiton? Please?

Worr Monger

Jan 21, 2008
As I die-hard fan of Morrowind... this brings me hope.

I wasn't really looking forward to Skyrim at all until I read this....

Still, with a Holiday release. It may still have to take a back seat for Mass Effect 3... whenever that may come out.

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
For all the flaws Morrowind had, it's weirdness gave a magical sense of wonder when you saw your first Silt Strider or the bizarre creatures

Auxiliary

Feb 20, 2011
Even though Oblivion was a great game, the world felt really and I mean really bland. I finished the main quest and stopped playing. I had a great ride, but it was nothing compared to the several hundred hour long ride I had with Morrowind and it's expansions.

I was especially fond of the mixed cities. Combining medieval fortresses with mushrooms, tentacles and other stuff which was quite unique for it's time. With such great looking games it is good to let your imagination run free and create a interesting world, rather than just another bland medieval fantasy world. Dragon Age, Oblivion and probably some more had extremely similar settings with little which really made them unique.

Hopefully they can live up to their promise.