Smurfs Trailer Can Go Smurf Itself

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Well, I'm going to need to try and think what annoys me most about this trailer. The fact that it's horrendous or the way it starts off in a way that's clearly meant to fool people into thinking they are about to watch the trailer for some possibly quite good film about interlopers from some far off planet/alternate dimension as opposed to a massmarket pleasing adaption of that cartoon you may have fond memories of.

Also, it's in 3D. Brilliant.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:
teh_Canape said:
you get all pissy when G.I. Joe's members are not all from USA, yet, you can totally rape Belgium's childhood?
What? God no, The Smurf are French.
No, they're Belgian.
Belgium just happens to have a part where the speak French.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smurfs

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Rex Dark said:
Dr. wonderful said:
teh_Canape said:
you get all pissy when G.I. Joe's members are not all from USA, yet, you can totally rape Belgium's childhood?
What? God no, The Smurf are French.
No, they're Belgian.
Belgium just happens to have a part where the speak French.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smurfs
Meh, I learn something new.

Hell, I was shock over 2 years ago most of smurfs stuff and never bothered to look in.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Good lord, wtf is wrong with their voices? I mean ffs, Robot Chicken seems to be more than capable of replicating the smurf's voices yet freaking Hollywood couldn't be arsed to even do that?

I curse whoever greenlit this movie to have their first child be born with a limp....but first I need to find a one eyed toothless gypsy to cast it.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
Seems like it might be funny if your five years old. Can't be any worse than the yogi bear movie or gnomeo and juliet.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Dr. wonderful said:
I sat there for 2 Mins go ing "Should I do this?"

Thanks goodness, I did.
I know this feeling. Just think: What bad could possibly happen? Turns out there isn't much. :)

Dec 14, 2009
ImprovizoR said:
IN 3D!!!

Yeah, like that's gonna make it any better...
It does, it'll make the aneurysm you eventually have that much more lethal, so that you are more likely to die than spend the rest of your life in some hellish brain-damaged pseudo reality, where everyone is blue and uses the word 'smurf' as a noun.

supernovashadow

Apr 2, 2010
a) Why must they continue to destroy things from my childhood?
b) Why are actors I like in this? Have they been taking advice from Brendan Frasier?
c) sigh

tomtom94

aka "Who?"
May 11, 2009
The bit about milking the evil laugh - I'll admit, I laughed.

The rest? Overacted, overplayed, overpredictable, and over-shit.

What terrifies me is that my friends threatened to drag me to see this!

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Mediocre cartoon??? How dare you?!? I loved the Smurfs when I was a kid!!!

This does look like a very mediocre film, though...

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Why'd you do it Barney!

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
Oh Smurffet, you may be a headless corpse, but that doesn't mean we can't still have fun together.
Did I get that right? :)

Ten-to-one Smurffet is going to be sexed up to the point where eyes are going to bleed out of people's skulls (see, the video is no longer working at the time of this writing, so I don't know if that's already been proven in said video). Do little kids even know about the Smurfs anymore? This seems like a bad idea.

Shameless

Jun 28, 2010
Guys is it just me or they intentionally made it this bad so people will make a fuss about and talk about it more ? especially on the internet.

I mean this kind of awfulness has to be intentional.

Dec 14, 2009
Sniper Team 4 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Why'd you do it Barney!

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
Oh Smurffet, you may be a headless corpse, but that doesn't mean we can't still have fun together.
Did I get that right? :)

Ten-to-one Smurffet is going to be sexed up to the point where eyes are going to bleed out of people's skulls (see, the video is no longer working at the time of this writing, so I don't know if that's already been proven in said video). Do little kids even know about the Smurfs anymore? This seems like a bad idea.
This movie is gonna be terra-wait for it-bull!

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
Why do movie studios think a modern reboot needs pop-culture references to be good? It's like they want people to hate what they're making.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
I only watched part of it and I already want to kill things.

ANd what is it with holly wood and new york now?

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
...No. Just, no.

They decided to bring He-Man to earth when they made that movie. Worked out well for them didnt it? Whats the obsession with breaking cartoons out of their universe and dumping them on our planet?