So I found out I'm on my schools "Shooting Watch List"

Grimlock Fett

Apr 14, 2010
I would kick off! The person you spoke with is clearly under qualified to be doing that job! Leaving sensitive information like that just laying around! And leaving what I assume was her office open! What would have happened if another student had gone in and found this? Alternatively mess with them! Start drawing guns on your books! Probably wont help but F*ck them. They're the ones in the wrong here!

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
WhatIsThisIDontEven said:
Also the part about me being an atheist is ridiculous (the school is in a Protestant/Catholic town).
File says: 'Atheist, shows lack of empathy'

I read: 'Atheist, shows lack of will to be assimilated into our small-town herd mentality.'

Good on you, friend. You keep being yourself, don't let their fear of you going trigger-happy put you down.

ZeroDotZero

Sep 18, 2009
I can imagine several pupils at my school who would appear on this list should guns be legal in Britain. Maybe they are on a 'Sword-Related Murder Watch List' or something.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Kysafen said:
Religion: Atheist, shows lack of empathy.
So, did they teach you logical fallacies in English yet? Like generalizations?

It's only a matter of time before those in power who push ancient religions die out like the dinosaurs.

Also, your username describes your school quite nicely.
If you ask me it's religious people that have a lack of empathy. Because if they weren't scared of hell all the time a lot of them would be complete dicks. Damn quite a few still are dicks even with hell.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
Wow, that is a pretty damn twisted thing to do in my opinion.

I mean, really, isn't the best way to stop the shooting getting rid of the guns?

Just sayin'

Also, I don't know about law over there but in the UK we have the right to demand any information held regarding us, so they'd have to show me the folder.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
I mean just that you listen to metal dosen't make you a pyschopath. I listen to metal and I have no will to go on a killing spree. And just that you don't believe in a higher power doesnlt make you a killer. You just think about things.

SpecklePattern

May 5, 2010
seditary said:
How times change lol, back in 6th grade (some 17 years or so ago) I wrote a rather disturbing short story from the perspective of a deranged stalker and his hunting and misguided 'love'(read: murder) of a woman.

My teacher thought it extremely well crafted and quite evocative, I got an A.
And today you would be locked away... Yeah.

TheGuiggleMonster said:
... How did they find out your music choice or religion?
Ironic Pirate said:
Wait, how would they know what music you listened to, and such? Is your guidance counselor some kind of stalker?
I was wondering this too. Have they really planned this like: "lets make them write essays from nice topics like music and religion and then lets use our excellent psycho analysis skills to interpret them" w00t?

Also that lack of empathy? Seriously? Isn't saying that showing more lack of empathy than any religional choice?

Blackout62

Dec 24, 2008
The bell rang and we both got up to leave. I went back to her office once she had left and picked up the folder.
Somehow this is the thing that bothers me. Entering your counselor's office assumedly without permission while she is gone is simply put bad. Sure we probably don't need to worry about you shooting up the school but now your respect for other people's privacy is up to question.

Comments: Staff are urged to lock their drawers around NAME to keep him from rifling through your files.

Crystalite

Apr 2, 2010
well...
You know what that calls for?

Go up to your science teacher, make a blank expression and say:
"I think we should put our differences behind us. For science. You monster."
Sorry, could not resist.

But seriously, if they think atheism shows lack of empathy, you already know what you have to think of their psychological skill. Don´t fret over it, stupid and paranoid people will be stupid and paranoid. And its only school, you will be out of there some day, but they will remain in their little miserable and fearful world...
Kinda sad, really

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
The Artificially Prolonged said:
Well people who excel at science do tend want to kill people...for science reasons of course.
exactly, which is why it's good to have wheatley and a potato around, with a portal gun, you should be set then

May 17, 2010
Blackout62 said:
The bell rang and we both got up to leave. I went back to her office once she had left and picked up the folder.
Somehow this is the thing that bothers me. Entering your counselor's office assumedly without permission while she is gone is simply put bad. Sure we probably don't need to worry about you shooting up the school but now your respect for other people's privacy is up to question.

Comments: Staff are urged to lock their drawers around NAME to keep him from rifling through your files.
Agree here. Sneaking in just because a file might be about you is bad. You had no way of knowing if it was. It could of easily been about some girl who had gotten pregnant or some boy who was coming out as gay. The important thing was that the OP seemed utterly indifferent to the concerns of privacy.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
ZeroDotZero said:
I can imagine several pupils at my school who would appear on this list should guns be legal in Britain. Maybe they are on a 'Sword-Related Murder Watch List' or something.
they just bring a katana to school one day. i have no idea how i would react to someone pulling a katana out in the middle of school. i'd either start laughing my ass off or running like hell. probably a mixture of both

sean360h

Jun 2, 2010
FlyAwayAutumn said:
The Artificially Prolonged said:
Well people who excel at science do tend want to kill people...for science reasons of course.
They also have weird fascinations with cake...

OT: That is weird. But at least the teachers are being told to be nice to you.
damm you you beat me to it

xdiesp

Oct 21, 2007
Ehm, do american schools profile their own students for unaligned behaviour now?
And I guess you guys accept it as it was the most noble and free thing in the world...

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Wow. I knew people were hard on Atheists in some parts of America but goddamn. This is one of the few reasons I have to be glad to live in England.
EDIT: And the music taste part too? Move schools, dude. That's just discrimination.

JackSparrowSucks said:
BECAUSE ATHEISTS HAVE A LACK OF EMPATHY!

At least I don't believe in bullshit faries... What, I can't be a bigot as well?
Your username makes me cry.