Jonluw

May 23, 2010
SL33TBL1ND said:
Jonluw said:
SL33TBL1ND said:
Jonluw said:
Uncreation said:
Jonluw said:
Well, I had a great (rolls eyes) one today.

Edit: Oh yeah, and my mom has several times jokingly told me that she got me in order to get out of military service.
Is military service in Norway compulsory for women? :|
Yes. Though, you can refuse, and instead have to do social service.

Or, well, it's a bit complicated now. A while back, almost all people had to do military sevice; but these days the military doesn't want you if you have a small injury.
Why on Earth does Norway of all places have compulsory military service? I can't think of anybody who'd want to attack you guys.
SOMEONE MIGHT WANT OUR OIL!! WE NEED TO PROTECT IT, IT'S OUR OIL!!!!!!!

On a serious note, it might have something to do with tradition. We have had laws about compulsory military service since the viking-age. Also, we were infact invaded by Germany in 1940-something. You see, due to the country's geography, it is of incredible strategic value in naval warfare.

We also have a small population (under 5 million), so to be able to keep a military running, we almost have to have compulsory military service.

Also, we have realized that times are peaceful, so we are scaling down the military. They did not want me, for example.
Well, that makes more sense, thanks.
My pleasure. Who would have thought I would ever have any use for what I learned in 10th grade history class?
MoosieMann said:
dont forget: Hey sergei! we havent invaded anyone in a while! how bout we invade norway? its cold there, its cold here... it will be fun yah?
Oh, we just trust that those crazy Finns will protect us from Russia. Remember the winter war. And Simo Hayha.

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
I guess coming out of the closet was awkward for me especially since nobody beleived me.

Razgrizaces

Jul 13, 2009
Well, my mom does constantly ask when I want to talk to her "Is it about a girl?" I occasionally laugh and shrug it off.

I'm not gay, and I have not ever had gay thoughts, I just haven't had a girlfriend yet, which I guess will shock my parents when they do find that I have one in the future.

I haven't had one because I'm usually shy towards girls who I just meet, and I never take the opportunity to talk to them about interests when I do talk to them. Anyways, some girls just aren't attractive in my opinion. Then again, I've always been nice since I've started talking to them, and people do say I'm "cute", but meh. I couldn't care less about whether or not people like me, and I also couldn't care less about what people think when they hear that. So what? I don't have to have had a girlfriend or a kiss to be straight.

EDIT: I'm also 14, by the way.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Can't say I ever got that conversation from any of my parents. Well there was that time I was running errands with my stepmother and we were having a discussion about what I wanted to be when I grew up and she ended it with this little gem.

"You can be whatever want to be and your father and I will still love you. Be it a ditch digger, rocket scientist, or plumber; so long as you're happy we'll be happy. Except gay, don't be gay when you grow up; that would break your father's heart."

So there you have it folks, being gay is apparently an accepted profession.

honestdiscussioner

Jul 17, 2010
Well, that took me all about 2 seconds to think about.

I'm an atheist, and she knows it, and came to me to ask, in front of her current boyfriend, if the Bible really condemned sex before marriage.

I am doubtful I will be anything other than champion of this thread with that one, unless someone makes something up. For humanity's sake I hope I'm right, I don't want to imagine what could be worse. I shall read the other responses and see if I am right.

MoosieMann

Nov 18, 2009
Radoh said:
MoosieMann said:
Radoh said:
green_dude said:
Asking for Pokemon Heartgold for christmas, at 18.
What's wrong with this? Pokemon's awesome no matter how old you are. In fact I recently found out I can legitimately catch Mew in the first Pokemon, man finding that pink cat-thing in-game was awesome.
....wait, where did you find mew? O.O
EDIT: all i did was walk into gamestop to buy my own soul silver... yeah...
Long story short you can capture it just outside of cerulean city.
thought that was mewtwo....?

KinglordFranon

Sep 17, 2010
I suppose an awkward moment would be finding my mother's dildo. Thankfully she chose not to talk about it.

The worst part was that I touched it before I realized what it was.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
CatmanStu said:
When I was an adolescent my mum and I had the usual routine of argument, me say something spiteful, get a slap or sent to my room; the usual teen melodrama; one day, after one of those rows, I say something I'd never said before "I bet you wish you'd never had me?" Suddenly and completely out of character my mum breaks down in tears. After about two or three minutes of awkward silence my mum finally speaks.

"When you and your brother were little I lived off of the scraps on your plates because I couldn't afford to feed all three of us."

I've never said another mean word to her to this day.
Sometimes conversations can be awkward for the right reasons.

Damn I'm not one to usually say this but /Thread

OT to avoid the ban hammer, You honestly expect me to follow that,I can't mainly because I tend to avoid awkward conversations like these,most things just kinda go unspoken in my family. Though having Akihiko ask if I would be his girl in P3P was a fairly awkward moment.

Warwelde

Jun 6, 2009
Witty Name Here said:
Most embarrassing talk? Well... Hmm... I guess I've had more then a few... Let's see.

Well, at my Catholic highschool first I had to deal with a few people wondering I'm gay... Then a few girls trying to flirt with me to no success... Why did they think I was gay you ask? Well it's because I have such a low sex drive that I'm not interested in dating or flirting AT ALL ( I don't even know how ) and have shown to be disgusted by the thought of sex at my age... Apparently to them, if you aren't a salivating sex freak, then you have to be gay. -_-
You've never thought that you might be asexual? (Or whatever it's called..)

And i've never had any such conversations. Though i'm still a teen, so I might get any weird talks soon. Only time will tell.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
My mums friend accused me of being gay because I'm not social...Yeah, right, I know.

To be fair, that woman's a ***** and even my mum knows, but yah know.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
MoosieMann said:
Radoh said:
MoosieMann said:
Radoh said:
green_dude said:
Asking for Pokemon Heartgold for christmas, at 18.
What's wrong with this? Pokemon's awesome no matter how old you are. In fact I recently found out I can legitimately catch Mew in the first Pokemon, man finding that pink cat-thing in-game was awesome.
....wait, where did you find mew? O.O
EDIT: all i did was walk into gamestop to buy my own soul silver... yeah...
Long story short you can capture it just outside of cerulean city.
thought that was mewtwo....?
That's in the cave, I'm talking a lvl 7 Mew who only has the move pound that you meet after getting your second badge.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
Witty Name Here said:
Warwelde said:
Witty Name Here said:
Most embarrassing talk? Well... Hmm... I guess I've had more then a few... Let's see.

Well, at my Catholic highschool first I had to deal with a few people wondering I'm gay... Then a few girls trying to flirt with me to no success... Why did they think I was gay you ask? Well it's because I have such a low sex drive that I'm not interested in dating or flirting AT ALL ( I don't even know how ) and have shown to be disgusted by the thought of sex at my age... Apparently to them, if you aren't a salivating sex freak, then you have to be gay. -_-
You've never thought that you might be asexual? (Or whatever it's called..)

And i've never had any such conversations. Though i'm still a teen, so I might get any weird talks soon. Only time will tell.
Asexuality means I have no attraction to either gender, which isn't really true, I AM attracted to girls, I just am in no rush to get in a relationship, and any thoughts about sex were beaten out of me in catholic school... Plus I just can't flirt, period, I couldn't get a girlfriend even if I wanted to.
Asexuality actually means that you have no sex organs and reproduce the a cloud of spores or mitosis.
Non-sexuality is what I believe you are looking for.

DanielBrown

Dangerzone!
Dec 3, 2010
Never had any embarassing conversations with my mother. We never talk about any emotional stuff or what's going on in our lives. Has always been like that.

Though, to add something you can smirk about;
My grandmother, while being slightly drunk, started talking about blow jobs all of sudden. Then she asked me about my opinion on them. I freaked out and left the dinner table.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
sheic99 said:
I think this happens to a lot of people. I know my mom did it too me. It's still fairly funny though.
I think I remember you making a thread about that which I found very entertaining.

Tarlane

Charismatic Leader
May 5, 2009
Hm. My family seems very skilled at the uncomfortable, so I don't know just what one to pick.

When I was in junior high my parents had grown concerned that I was shy. I tried to explain the difference between shy and unsociable, I wasn't embarrassed to talk to people I just generally didn't like most people so I avoided it. But it was still decided that they should help me get over this shyness by learning to ballroom dance. Meant being near someone, being social and maybe learning a skill.

Got to the church where they held the weekly dance and when I walked in it was all women. Turns out it was a lesbian church and I had it explained to me that they thought that would be better since that would effectively be a no pressure situation having no one I needed to try and impress.

Silentsmoke1990

Jan 4, 2011
Most of my conversations of what I suppose were initially awkward (judging by my friends reactions when they crop up) but have since reached the plateu of non-chalance with me, would be the mini-list of accidental child abuse I was put through. of course my parents play on the fact that it's no accident at all and that their "better" half did it on purpose, the list goes;

My mum burned my hand on a stove (i'm deaf and she while trying to give me a safey lesson "would you put your hand on that?" was heard by me, without hearing aids at that age, as "put your hand on that)

My dad locked me in the garage (he had an auto open/close button in his car which he pushed while driving along the street, while I was in there giving some warhammer models a base coat)

My mum threw me down the stairs (I fell down the stairs when I was three)

My dad decides all the time to remind me "you always know who your mother is." (...)

My mum tried to lose me in Tesco (I wandered off and ended up being taken to the customer service desk by a stranger crying my eyes out...that one's fairly recent since it only happened last week)

this is normal right?

Warwelde

Jun 6, 2009
[/quote]Asexuality actually means that you have no sex organs and reproduce the a cloud of spores or mitosis.
Non-sexuality is what I believe you are looking for.[/quote]

Ahh. Thanks, I have now learned something new.

+1 general knowledge.